Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 - Page 21 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Unread 03-16-2008, 07:36 PM
Off to Work I Go

Well ladies,
Wish me luck on my first full day back at work on Monday. What to wear??? Probably not my pj's although they are the most comfortable. I'm not experiencing much, if any, swelling... just a bit sore - the thought of snug jeans makes me cringe!

Hyster29, the thought of 3 MONTHS of twice daily lovenox injections... oh my, my. I could barely handle 2 weeks worth. My heart goes out to you - my belly looked like a battlefield from the bruising. I sure hope you do better with them than I did.

Sounds like we had a pretty mixed Sunday on our road to recovery. It's good to hear that many of you are up to getting out even if it is just to stare at someone else's walls for a bit. For those of you who tend to overdo it.... REST!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2008, 07:42 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Hyster29.....I had to do three months of Lovenox as well as 6 months of coumadin after developing blood clots in my leg from being in the hospital for a week after developing a hospital borne infection from one day surgery for my endometriosis back in June 2006. The whole ordeal was hell....and for me, it burned so much when I injected it, and I was not allowed to rub it.

I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers that you can get through these three months with ease, and as little discomfort as possible!!!!

Love, Jenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr45
Well ladies,
Hyster29, the thought of 3 MONTHS of twice daily lovenox injections... oh my, my.
Unread 03-16-2008, 09:06 PM

Thanks for the well wishes, ladies. I know my stomache looks like the night sky with all the purple dots from injections...DH has moved onto my thighs to give my tummy time to recouperate. The stinging afterward is the worst! I have a follow up with my hemotologist on Wed & I'm going to ask him if we can't do a doppler of my arm/neck after 1 month to see if the clots are gone so I can stop the shots sooner, so we'll see what he says.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2008, 05:25 AM

Hi Ocean
I also have the cloudy urine. I think our bodies may have some meds in them. Antibiotics administered at the OR, pain meds, the cath after effects, and even anisetic could be all part of it. Its only been 2 week and a bit since we had ours so it could be this way for a while. I have had two urine tests and not one came back positive for infection.

Nurse Kerry. You are lucky to have started your Easter shopping. I have only been out of the house to have staples removed 1.5 weeks ago and a dr appt one week ago. I am going stir crazy. My doctor said I cannot drive for 6 weeks. What did all you girls' doctors say about that? I have to depend on others to get around and I am short on helpers.

Hey have a good St. Paddy's Day

Shar
Unread 03-17-2008, 05:26 AM

Oh how I long for a day with no pain. I know it's only been 18 days, but it seems like an eternity, and I'm going to have to sit in a hospital waiting area all day Tuesday. Talk about poor timing. My DH has to have an angiplasty on Tuesday. We have postponed as long as we dare. We were just waiting til I could drive. We will have to make sure all "lifting" chores are done for the next five days, as now he will have lifting restrictions. I still get really fatigued and am still really sore. I also am having some bladder issues too. Seems if my bladder gets too full I'm in alot of pain, it hurts to walk to the bathroom. I'm hoping it will settle down as I heal. I can't take ibuprofin, so I have to settle for tylonol. Oh well enought wining!
Unread 03-17-2008, 06:01 AM

Boy, this must have been the weekend for overdoing it, huh?
My oldest daughter (20) is in a residential drug and alcohol rehab program. They have a Sunday program for families. My dd8 is too young to attend (you have to be 10) and dd16 has a lot of anger and resentment issues and didn't want to go, so dh and I went. It lasted from 1-5. Well, that, of course, killed any hopes of a nap!

Yesterday morning, my dh went to the grocery store to get me a Sunday paper and a sales circular (he does this every Sunday), and I spent a good part of the morning ferreting out bargains and clipping coupons, and menu-planning and making a grocery list.

After we got home from the rehab program, dh fixed dinner and we ate, but then we went to the grocery store. I wanted to get major shopping done, because tomorrow, he goes back to work! I wanted to get it done while he's here to lug stuff in from the car and help put away.

By the time we got back from the grocery store, it was after 9PM, and I was totally exhausted! I didn't even take my usual melatonin that I take every night to help me sleep, because I was so tired I was sure I wouldn't need it, and I didn't! I slept like a rock! The only problem is that when I woke up, I tried str-e-e-e-e-tching the way I normally do after I sleep like that, and found out that, right now, stretching like that hurts! Lol. I'm still on prescription strength Aleve twice a day, so I popped one of those. Don't feel the need to take anything stronger right now, even though I have Darvocet if I need it.

Today, we need to get to Wal Mart and shop for a new DVD player, as well as a birthday gift for a great-niece who's turning one. But a nap is definitely in the plans for today!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Unread 03-17-2008, 08:46 AM

Hey girls...I am feeling well today. My body tells me for sure when I have overdone it because it feels like there is a rope right where my navel is and somebody is yanking on it. Time to get back on the sofa and stretch my legs straight out when that happens. I can empathize with Dusty810 regarding the bladder pressure issue. I am having the same problem. My doctor told me that with a TAH lots of things are shifted around and the bladder gets bruised. Also if you were catherized, the tissues around your urethra get bruised a bit and the tissues swell. I am going today however to make sure that is all that it is and get checked for a urinary tract infection. Otherwise I am doing very well. God is good. StarSharer: My doctor says I can drive in 3 weeks. One week left to go. Your surgery may have been more invasive. You had lots of repairs done. I would assume your doctor knows best. Take it slow and allow yourself to heal. You're worth it. Don't want to end up back at the castle....
Unread 03-17-2008, 08:58 AM

Hey ladies...

Regarding driving, I was told 2 weeks even though I had TAH....I guess it's different with every doc. I feel like I have a cold on top of everything....where the heck did THAT come from other than the one outing to the vet, or to the mailbox each day.....I guess it could have come from a doorknob.....such a gross thought.

I don't feel up to going out today for my 1:45 therapy appointment, but I suppose it would do me good to talk about all the stuff I've been going through and get out. I just know any bumps I hit while driving will HURTTTTTT

I'm feeling quite depressed today...don't really know why. I mean, there's a million reasons why I should feel that way....ugh.

Sorry to whine, I'm just blah. And the incision really hurts but I don't dare take anything narcotic because I'm driving. I'm waiting till absolutely necessary to take the Ibuprofen.

I was contemplating going to Wal Mart after my appointment, but I think waiting until after my postop appt tomorrow would be best.

Thanks for listening and hope you are all feeling better soon.

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Love,
Jennifer
Unread 03-17-2008, 09:02 AM

I was told min 2 weeks before I could drive, but to just assess how I feel after the 2 wk mark & take it from there--if I feel good enough to drive at 2 wks, I can...if not, wait another wk or so. Basically to wait until I don't cringe going over bumps/braking and no narcotics.
Unread 03-17-2008, 09:16 AM

Friday I drove for the first time post op and had no pain.

This week is Spring Break so DS is home from school. We're relaxing around the house. Maybe we'll go to the movies. Basically I'm feeling pretty good.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register