Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 - Page 23 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Unread 03-17-2008, 06:34 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by sighofrelief
Hi Karen,

Sounds like we had the same proceedure. I am just curious how your stomach has been? Mine is fairly small in the mornings but definitely uncomfortable by the end of the day, some days worse than others.
Hi Elizabeth: Cool! There's several of us that had the same procedure. We seem to be the select few though. Mostly abdominal or laproscopic hysterectomies out there.

My stomach is kinda bloated. I didn't think those of us having TVH would deal with the swelly belly, but it seems I was wrong. I feel the way I felt before starting my period. Has it sunk in for anyone else that we will never have another period? I've decided I'm going to do myself a favor and not step on the just yet.

I've only taken one Motrin today, and I'm really hurting. Apparently it's not time to stop taking the Vicodin. In fact, when I got up from the couch a little while ago, I felt kinda pukey barfy. I'll spare all our you the smiley on that one.

Zephyr45: How was your first day back at work? I'm sorry I wasn't able to post my best wishes beforehand, but you've been in my thoughts today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2008, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanluvr5
Zephyr45: How was your first day back at work? I'm sorry I wasn't able to post my best wishes beforehand, but you've been in my thoughts today.
Thanks for asking. The first day back was a bit tough, but I'm finding my feet hurt more than my belly; just like the first day of school. The kids (as much as 8th graders can be) seemed happy to have me back and it was GREAT to catch up with my colleagues and have a full day of social interaction. I'm glad though, that I'm taking Wed. and part of Thurs. off.

So many of you who had a TVH or TAH, you seem to be right about where I was a week ago. Pains starting up in places where I didn't have them immediately post-op, feeling a bit barfy, feeling so much worse in the evenings... All I can say is that when you get to the stage you're describing - you are almost there! I spent about 3 days feeling like I had mild menstrual cramps and then things started improving for me quite a bit. It is WONDERFUL to be able to roll over in bed at night without having to plan out my every move. Hang in there, sisters... the best is on it's way!

On a funny note... I woke up this am in a panic, rolled over and said to my DH, "You forgot our anniversary!" (It was 3 years on March 5th) His answer, "So did you." It seems we were both so intent on getting me over the hurdles of surgery, we completely forgot about the big day. I still think my excuse is better - I was on drugs. His is that he was so worried about me and focused on doing everything he could to make me feel better, that he lost track of the days. Anyway, neither of us has any hurt feelings and we plan to celebrate the anniversary of our honeymoon instead (in a few weeks). Plus, I sure didn't feel all romantic and stuff on the 5th.

Take good care of yourselves. This is an amazing group of people. It is so great to be able to share intimate details of my life with people going through the same thing.
Unread 03-17-2008, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdlover54
Sorry to hear about your setback. Rest and let yourself be taken care of. I'm doing well, going back to work tomorrow. I'm a little nervous about it, I'm a nurse in an outpatient radiology facility and on my feet a lot. I definitely will not do any lifting, we'll see how it goes.

LAVH and BSO 2/27

Back to work! wow, my op was feb 26th and i was just thinking this morning that if i was only off 4 wks how would that feel, mind u im a TAH chickie and i hear ya when you say your nervous! Im glad i have 6 wks, and send you lots of best wishes and a supportive team to help you inch your way back into full function. Thing is Im sure we will be tempted at times of feeling good to 'honk it' as i call it and we are gonna have to be mindful for a while yet of our limits eh! Feel for ya!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2008, 07:16 PM
Back to work, too...

Hi, all:

Day 17 for me, and it's going to be a busy week! I think the Karmic Universe has decided that I am back to work, whether I was ready to declare myself officially available or not.

Tomorrow, I have a business/professional meeting in the afternoon/evening. I plan to rest up for that during the day. Usually, I go in and arrange the tables, do the lifting, etc. Tomorrow, I am going to sit and point at what I want moved where! That'll be different.

Wednesday, I have a 1 on 1 software training session with an existing client. There's nothing physical involved with that other than driving to the site and sitting with the student, so I should be OK.

I am actually feeling really good today and am not noticing much swelling at all (for a change). We had a nice quiet weekend and just sat around watching movies on DVD. Other than not being allowed to run yet (still 6 weeks away for that) or lift anything, I almost feel NORMAL. Wow, I haven't been able to say that for a while.

Whether you're headed back to work this week or still resting up and concentrating on your recovery, please take good care of yourselves. You are all in my thoughts and prayers!
Unread 03-17-2008, 07:18 PM

You poor ladies out there that have to go back to work so soon. I can't even imagine. I was reading in another forum a woman who is planning to go back after a week. I believe she has a TLAH scheduled. I understand finances are a big issues for many of us. I'm so grateful DH is willing and able to carry the burden for us.

I've been out on permanent disability since October 2006 due to my nine-year battle with chronic fatigue syndrome, so I have no job to go back to. Is there anyone else out there who does not have to return to work?
Unread 03-17-2008, 07:24 PM

I would like to become a lady of leisure! Oh well... since that isn't happening anytime soon, I'll be back to work next Monday - 4 weeks after my LSH.

Right now I have zero energy, feel bloated and my digestion is a mess. Diarrhea one day, constipation the next... and I stopped the pain meds during week 1, so I'm only on ibuprofen.

Thinking that the fact that I had two laparoscopic procedures within 2.5 months is really working against me. Slower recovery time. Anyone else have a situation like this?

I'm going to work 1/2 day at home and 1/2 day in the office for the first week and see how it goes.
Unread 03-17-2008, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr45
Thanks for asking. The first day back was a bit tough, but I'm finding my feet hurt more than my belly; just like the first day of school. The kids (as much as 8th graders can be) seemed happy to have me back and it was GREAT to catch up with my colleagues and have a full day of social interaction. I'm glad though, that I'm taking Wed. and part of Thurs. off.

On a funny note... I woke up this am in a panic, rolled over and said to my DH, "You forgot our anniversary!" (It was 3 years on March 5th) His answer, "So did you." It seems we were both so intent on getting me over the hurdles of surgery, we completely forgot about the big day. I still think my excuse is better - I was on drugs. His is that he was so worried about me and focused on doing everything he could to make me feel better, that he lost track of the days. Anyway, neither of us has any hurt feelings and we plan to celebrate the anniversary of our honeymoon instead (in a few weeks). Plus, I sure didn't feel all romantic and stuff on the 5th.
That social interaction is so important. I'm glad you were able to get your spirit filled that way. I'm sure each day will get a little easier for you.

I, too, am somewhat of a newly-wed. My DH and I celebrated two years on 12/31/07. As luck would have it, I spent 12/30 in the ER with severe diarrhea and vomiting. Needless to say, our anniversary was anything but romantic.

Speaking of romance, I made the mistake of mentioning to my husband that some of my sisters in Hysterland are engaging in outercourse. Don't know if any of you have read some of the other threads about sex, but I found this term rather comical. My husband, being a man, can't wait to engage in anything, anything romantic as soon as possible. Sorry to get personal girls, but have any experience in this area?

I seem to be at the tailend of my spotting/discharge. Could it be that I'm actually nearing the time when I can have a pad/tampon burning party?
Unread 03-17-2008, 08:17 PM

well you know, clothing for us is limited in bed, clothing for them is perhaps optional. Might be a cuddle in exchange for a little .... well what ever you call that 'caring' of the menfolk ... but, well ... we all have our needs for intimacy to be met eh
Unread 03-17-2008, 08:23 PM

Hi everyone. Sorry, it took me a while to post. I wanted to wait for my follow up.
(which took 2 minutes!)

He said that everything was going well. I still can't do much, but he did say I could step it up just a bit.

I go back in 4 weeks.

My uterus was double the size it was supposed to be, no cancer.
I asked about the size of the fibroid, he said that the size really doesn't matter, it's where it was that was giving me problems.

I am feeling pretty good, still sore.

I tried to wear bluejeans today...wasn't a good idea.

My house is falling apart.

Naps are still a good thing! lol

I am not real thrilled with my belly hanging down and the pooch that I now have!

Walking is still at turtle speed, but getting a little faster.

I hope everyone is doing well!

Prayers!
Unread 03-18-2008, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanluvr5
Sorry to get personal girls, but have any experience in this area?
I won't go into detail (I'm pretty sure none of you want that, anyway! Lol), but I will say that when I'm "out of commission" but not feeling particularly sick, my dh does appreciate it when I "lend a hand" in a somewhat literal sense!
We can also still engage in "pillow talk" at these times!

Quote:
Originally Posted by morning1965
I tried to wear bluejeans today...wasn't a good idea.
I have a couple of pairs of jeans that were this close to being too big for me pre-hyst. I managed to wear a pair of them on Saturday for about three hours. That was all I could stand, as soon as we got home, it was back into flannel drawstring PJ pants!

My dd16 bought me a new pair of jeans for Christmas, and it's going to be a couple more months before I can wear those, I guess. So for the meantime, she's borrowing them!

Glad your post-op went well.

I, myself, feel ok right now, but I barely got a nap yesterday, and while I slept well last night, I did not sleep for long enough! Dh had to return to work today, he's been off since my surgery day. So I'm not sure when I'll get a nap today. The cable guy's coming "after 12:30" (don't you love the time-schedules they give you? Hey, buddy, could you pin that down a little better?), and I have to go to the market this morning. If the cable guy shows up early enough to be gone by 1:30, I can get in a good nap. Otherwise, not so much. Dd8 will be home from school at 3:30 and will need help with homework, etc. Then I'll have to get dinner on the table. . .bleh.

But! I have nothing on my schedule for tomorrow, and plan to spend it resting! Fortunately, my dd16 has no classes this week, for spring break, so I don't think I'll have to drive at all this week. I don't think driving will hurt, but my van requires some climbing up into the seat, and is also not that easy to steer. So I'm trying to minimize the driving until I feel a little more recovered!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register