Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 - Page 24 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Unread 03-18-2008, 08:44 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Is there anyone else out there who does not have to return to work?[/quote]

Hi, I do not have to return to work. In October 07, I left my job after 13 years to pursue something far more interesting. Then this came up..
Like you, the husband makes enough to cover the bills...

I probably could return to work today however. Butttttt....
I think most people would want you to do more that I'm able. So for me not a good idea..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2008, 10:04 AM

Good Morning Ladies,
I am still on bed rest, so I am so glad to hear that most of you are out and about. I can live vicariously though you all So here I am on the couch, at least March Madness starts this week and my Washington State Cougars are in! It gives me something to look forward to
Unread 03-18-2008, 10:06 AM

Oh, I forgot to add, I am one of those who does not have to go back to work. I am a therapeutic horseback riding instructor, and I don't start teach until the summer session which starts in June.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2008, 12:06 PM

Hi ladies...noticed this am when I went to shower that part of my incision must have opened up at one point. The steri-strips had dried blood on them in one section...but it was dry to the touch & no oozing or smell (had a staph infection w/my c-section, so made me nervous). Hopefully was just a one time thing...hope I didn't overdo it at some point & that's why it opened up. I'm doing pretty well pain wise...have only taken 2 pain pills since coming home from the hospital over a week ago. I can't take Advil or anything cause I'm on blood thinners, so I just went cold turkey. The biggest thing for me is the fatigue, but I'm sure that's due to so many proceedures in such a short time...c-section, D&C, 2 balloon catheters in my uterus, & SAH, all within 8 wks! Full recovery is going to take awhile, but I think I'm doing pretty good so far.
Unread 03-18-2008, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyster29
Hi ladies...noticed this am when I went to shower that part of my incision must have opened up at one point.
I'm glad there's no oozing or anything, still it seems it may be prudent to call your doctor and at least let him/her know about this.
Unread 03-18-2008, 01:22 PM
18 Days Post-Op

Hey girls:

Everyone seems to be holding their own today. Good news! I just woke up for the second time this morning. Our woke me at 7:00 a.m., I crashed on the couch for about an hour, and then went back upstairs to bed until 11:45 p.m. I'm feeling terribly fatigued today, but could be a number of reasons. I feel like I'm coming down with a cold. I've got a scratchy/sore throat, stuffy nose and mild cough. Time to start taking the Cold Eze and Vitamin C.

Thanks to those of you who responded to my questions about work and a more personal issue. :bigwink:

I'm still dealing with a lot of gas and potty issues. Not sure when that's going to remedy itself. Rather frustrating and painful.

Be good to yourselves today and take it easy.

s
Unread 03-18-2008, 01:59 PM

For the first time since having the surgery I had some bright red blood this morning on my tissue - I have been constipated for two days and I'm afraid I ripped some stitches inside so I called the doc. They didn't even ask to see me - they just had the nurse talk to me and said it's normal? I'm a little concerned - whenever I've read other postings here where someone has red spotting as far along as 3 weeks post-op, they are concerned. I'm not really sure what to do. Next doc appt is 4/1.
Unread 03-18-2008, 02:36 PM

I was one of those post. My spotting is more like bleeding. I have filled 3 pads since it started yesterday. My doctor said that I most likely irritated some stitches and they have opened up a bit. That is why I am on bed rest. I hope yours resolves soon. I would call your Dr. again if it gets heavy.
Unread 03-18-2008, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Way out West
I was one of those post. My spotting is more like bleeding. I have filled 3 pads since it started yesterday.
Oh Teri, I am so sorry. That's awful! So much for your pad burning party. It will be a little delayed. Any idea how the tear happened? How long does your have you on bedrest?

s,
Unread 03-18-2008, 04:45 PM

Hey Gurlz,

The one thing that I found really helpful for consitpation was the Kelloggs bran bars! They were amazing and actually taste pretty good...try them with a cup of tea, once a day until things get moving again.....

Hope things are moving again real soon, and that you are feeling better.

Elizabeth - 46
TVH on 2/22/08 - still have ovaries

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register