Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 - Page 27 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Unread 03-19-2008, 03:36 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Thank you for your kind comments Karen. We have 3 labs. Two yellow and one black. They keep us out of trouble
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2008, 04:18 PM

So I did end up calling the dr this am about the incision opening up & got in this afternoon to see the dr. He ripped the steri strips off...said it doesn't look infected, and it's a good sign that it hurts me because it means the flesh isn't dead (yay for hurting?) Told me to put hydrogen peroxide on it 2x/day & to come in again next week to have it looked at again. Think I might actually break down & take a pain pill, though, cause it HURTS!
Unread 03-19-2008, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyster29
So I did end up calling the dr this am about the incision opening up & got in this afternoon to see the dr. He ripped the steri strips off...said it doesn't look infected, and it's a good sign that it hurts me because it means the flesh isn't dead (yay for hurting?) Told me to put hydrogen peroxide on it 2x/day & to come in again next week to have it looked at again. Think I might actually break down & take a pain pill, though, cause it HURTS!
Well, I'm glad you called the doc and had it looked at, and even more glad it doesn't look infected!

If you hurt, take a pain pill. That's what we have them for! I've been off the Percoset since about a week post-op, but am still having to take Darvocet sometimes. (Like today, my dh emailed me a joke that was so funny I laughed until my incision hurt! I can't share it here because it's not 'family friendly', lol).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2008, 05:04 PM

Thanks very much to all the lovely ladies for the warm welcome, I'm off on a shopping trip now to find more yoga pants, and maybe some looser tops too, to get me through the coming weeks.

Looking fabulous in my strechy loungwear sporting my slightly bulbous belly let me tell you ! Ha Ha.

Smiles,
Lisa
Unread 03-19-2008, 07:02 PM
Only female in the house.....HELP!!!!!!!!!

I'm new to posting but have appreciated your posts so much and have found them so helpful. I'm almost 3 weeks post-op (TAH/BSO on 2/29). I've done okay so far except for the obvious soreness, bladder spasms and constipation. Went back to the dr. yesterday and he gave me meds for the spasms and that seems to be better today. However, I'm very blue today and extremely tired. The "warnings" about not overdoing are so true. If you are recoverying take heed to that advice.

I am the only female in the house (2 older sons and DH). Do any of you have any advice in helping them understand this is going to take a while?
Unread 03-19-2008, 08:28 PM

Hi Busy Casper, I think the best way to handle getting the point across is to print out what you can and cannot do off the computer, and post it on the fridge. And then make sure you stick to it as well. As soon as they think that you are capable of doing more you will be doing it! Before I went in to have my surgery I gave a copy to everyone in the house so they would know what to expect when I got home...seemed to work. Now the trick is for me to stick to it as well!

Comforting to know others have a swelly belly also...I too have been trying to walk but always afraid that I am overdoing it? How do you decide how far is too far? I went about 30 minutes tonight and have been quite slow compared to normal, and when I got home felt quite shakey. I am fine now, and no extra pain, but always a little nervous. Sure feels good to be out getting some exercise though...and I hear you about the weight...I am sure I have put on a few extra pounds from lying around so much.

Glad to hear things are moving along for everyone...have a good nite.

Elizabeth - 46
TVH-still have ovaries
Unread 03-19-2008, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sighofrelief
How do you decide how far is too far? I went about 30 minutes tonight and have been quite slow compared to normal, and when I got home felt quite shakey. I am fine now, and no extra pain, but always a little nervous. Sure feels good to be out getting some exercise though...and I hear you about the weight...I am sure I have put on a few extra pounds from lying around so much.
Welcome busycasper. Nice to have you join our forum. I'm glad to hear you've been enjoying the posts. We have a phenomenal group of ladies here that have been of tremendous support. I don't know how I would have gotten through this without them. As far as getting the men in your household to understand. . . Will men ever really understand us and our issues? Seriously, though, it really helped that my husband was present when my doctor gave me my restrictions. Otherwise, sighofrelief had some good input.

Elizabeth: As far as how long to , I walked until I started to feel slightly uncomfortable, and then I turned around and came home. I lasted about 40 minutes. I can normally walk much farther and much, much faster, but honoring our bodies is Priority #1. Just out of curiosity, have you already passed or are you anywhere near when your period would have started? I am so bloated and retaining so much water right now. Not sure if it's the after effects of the surgery or my body gearing up for a period that will never come.

I went to have my nails done today and there was a woman there who had a TAH in November. She is still having to take it easy, and not able to lift much or engage in her usual activites. This woman is a great grandmother and she likes to play baseball! Good for her! She said she's still dealing with the fatigue, but it's getting better. Having dealt with chronic fatigue syndrome for the past nine years, all I can say is "welcome to my world." I have dealt with it every day for the past nine years, so I haven't noticed anything different or new since the surgery.

Enjoy your evening ladies.

s,
Unread 03-20-2008, 06:29 AM

Good Morning Everyone! Happy Spring!

Karen.....I actually had been having two periods a month for the last five years, basically one week of the month where I wasn't bleeding. I would be normally having a period around the 22nd so maybe that is what this is about. I know that I have had sore breasts, but I like you had been tired for so long I don't remember what not being tired is like. I have dealt with crazy period issues for about 20 years now, not being able to find a doctor that would truly listen to me until recently.

I had also been through alot of losses with family members passing away during that time and being involved as a care giver. I quit a great paying job two years ago this August because I was tired of the office crap and the boredom I found sitting in front of a computer all day so I went back to school and started my own business. I don't think that I have truly had a chance to just crash until all this happened...and I have found how nice it is to just rest. Not only am I having time to heal physically, but emotionally as well.

I am not drinking as much water as I probably should be that could be part of the bloating as well, and I definitely get that uncomfortable feeling when I walk too far. I have noticed at this point that my spotting seems to have stopped almost completely...and that my stomach is tender in places...nothing to complain about though. The one thing I noticed for a few days was pain at the top of my thighs just by my pelvis, but I am thinking that was because of stairs and getting in and out of the car using things that have not been used so much for a while!

Well here is to a good day for everyone...
Unread 03-20-2008, 09:31 AM
Stretch pants, ooh la la...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaLeeanne
Looking fabulous in my strechy loungwear sporting my slightly bulbous belly let me tell you ! Ha Ha.
Lisa:

Your post cracked me up! I am 20 days post-op today. Went back to consulting work already. I am struggling with "professional" attire and bulbous belly all at the same time. I don't want to spend REAL $$$ on stretch pants, so I hit the local Salvation Army resale shop. Got one pair of pants for 1.75 and another for $4. They'll do until my swelling subsides and then I can re-donate them. I definitely recommend resale shopping, so you can jettison your "swelly belly" attire when you no longer need it -- and not feel guilty about it.

Happy Spring and Happy Shopping!
Unread 03-20-2008, 09:45 AM

Hello Everyone, After a perfect, remarkable recovery with no pain since day one, I did a really not so bright thing yesterday...
We are going on a little trip, and I moved a suitcase every so genlty (clearly this weighed 10lbs or more).
OMG!!
Today, I'm cramping, my stomach has that tugging feeling. I've swollen to the point where I can't see below it. I'm in pain when I walk..
I simply forget. I almost need something on me to remind me that I've just had surgery...
I've taken motrin, and that has calmed things down...
Don't Lift suitcases...
Meehan

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register