Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 - Page 28 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Unread 03-20-2008, 09:54 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Good Morning Sisters,
Happy Spring! I have lettuce and peas coming up in my garden. My dad was a sweetie, and planted seeds for me a few weeks ago. I am so looking forward to a fresh lettuce soon.

It is so nice to be off bed rest, however my sweet hubby is keeping me pretty limited. That is okay. The "Big Dance" starts in about 15 min. so it will be easy to stay on the couch for the next few days You know, I really thought I would be up and about much more by week three, but this week has been the worse so far. Maybe because of my high expectations. Oh well. Last night was great, I only woke up every 4.5 hrs. Yay! This morning though I am back to 2 Darvocet. Go figure.

But you know what? The sun is shining and my daffodils are blooming. God is good

Welcome to all you new ladies, this is a great group.

Happy recovery day, I hope it is a one step forward day for everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2008, 10:32 AM

I know what you are saying...the second week I nearly helped my old 12 lb dog off the bed, and just caught myself before I lifted him up! What was I thinking I said to myself! It is like when the electricity is off and you know it is off but you go to flick the switch on anyways.....hard to stop doing what we are so used to doing isn't it...creatures of habit! Hang in there, hope that you are feeling better real soon. Enjoy your trip.

Elizabeth
Unread 03-20-2008, 11:17 AM

About the lifting...I've learned the hard way that just shifting a heavy pet into your lap can be like "lifting" him. I have a big kitty -- 17 pounds worth of beautiful black cat -- and when my friend's kids were over last night I kneeled on the floor and kind of dragged him into my lap so the kids could see him. Yeah, that was a bad idea. Today I'm sore sore sore. I've known that I can't even THINK of lifting him yet, but for some reason I didn't even think of draggin him over. I don't think I'll be doing that again.

Of course, maybe the two loads of laundry I did yesterday have something do do with the soreness today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2008, 11:25 AM

Sun is shining here also...but only snow banks blooming!.... Enjoy those daffodils!
Elizabeth
Unread 03-20-2008, 12:16 PM
20 Days Post-Op

Quote:
Originally Posted by sighofrelief
Karen.....I actually had been having two periods a month for the last five years, basically one week of the month where I wasn't bleeding. I would be normally having a period around the 22nd so maybe that is what this is about. I know that I have had sore breasts, but I like you had been tired for so long I don't remember what not being tired is like. I have dealt with crazy period issues for about 20 years now, not being able to find a doctor that would truly listen to me until recently.
Good morning girls:

Boy, some of you get up really early. I'm not much of a morning person myself.

Elizabeth: Two periods a month. Sounds very similar to my former situation. I had a fibroid right at the entrance of my uterus that caused me to spot one week before my period. Then I had the joy of having a heavy period for about a week. It was really hard on the romance department. Two weeks a month of bleeding is no fun. I'm sorry to hear you had to contend with so much lack of support from the medical community. That's got to be so frustrating.

I, too, am a big thrift store shopper. Fortunately, I had several pairs of jeans that were too large for me pre-surgery, so they are fitting comfortably now. I'm still amazed that those of us who had TVH have to deal with swelly belly. It's not something I thought I'd even need to worry about.

My period would have started this Saturday, and I am dealing with terrible cravings and feeling ravenous. I just can't seem to get enough food. However, I'm trying to not eat after 6:00 p.m., which seems to be the time when my cravings are the most insistent. Go figure!

Yesterday I had my nails done and then had dinner with some girlfriends. I was hurting pretty bad during dinner, due to sitting, so a friend gave me 1/2 an 800 mg Motrin, even though it wasn't time to take one. I hadn't taken a Vicodin yesterday, since I knew I'd be driving. However, when I got home last night around 8:00 p.m. I was forced to take one.

Fortunately, my recovery continues to be steady. I suppose I'm still expecting too much of myself, but I can't expect that to change overnight. :balanc: is so elusive.

I'm heading out to drop a table off at my mom's house. Not to worry, I won't be lifing it out of the trunk. I also thought I might take a walk. It should be in the low-60's today. At the mention of thrift shops, I'm getting the bug, so I may have to do that too.

I'm continuing to thoroughly enjoy this website. I really hope we can all continue to stay in touch even after our recovery period.

s,
Unread 03-20-2008, 01:26 PM
Still moving in the right direction

Greetings ladies:
Welcome to all the new faces. It's great to hear everyone's stories and to know that the things I'm experiencing are felt by others.

Pretty bummed that my home town team, Portland State Vikings, couldn't pull off a win in the big dance today, but at least they made school history in making it that far. We're all pretty excited - one of the coaches daughters is a former student of mine so I was cheering extra hard.

I spent about 3 hours in my yard pulling weeds yesterday. A bit sore today, but not so much in my belly as in my legs from all the squatting, standing, squatting I did. It felt so good to be out in the sun and making progress on the flower beds. The jasmine is starting to take off and the lilac trees are budding. Spring has sprung in the Pacific Northwest, but today... rain, rain, grey, clouds.

Have to go to work this afternoon and tomorrow morning for parent conferences - at least I'll be sitting. Back at work full time next week, then spring break for a week. Hoping, hoping, hoping that by then I'll be nearly back to normal (and comfortable in jeans) and ready to keep up with my students. I think that I'll probably take Wed. off next week just so I can have a break to rest. I am so blessed to have an understanding boss.

Hope you are all well and that spring sprouts soon for you folks in the northern, colder reaches.

- the other Karen
Unread 03-20-2008, 01:35 PM

Karen, great name! So is it Karen 1 and Karen 2 now?
Unread 03-20-2008, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanluvr5
Karen, great name! So is it Karen 1 and Karen 2 now?
Let's see... I'm older, but you posted first so does that make me Karen 1 or you Karen 1? I kinda like being the 'other Karen' for some odd reason.

I work with another Karen - she's older, but I worked there first so I was the old Karen and she was the new Karen. Sometimes we were simply referred to as Karen squared since she teaches math and I teach science.
Unread 03-20-2008, 01:48 PM

Hmmmmm! How about Karen A. and Karen ???, unless, of course, you are Karen A. also. Wouldn't that be quite the coincidence? Until a little over two years ago, I was Karen O.
Unread 03-20-2008, 02:02 PM

kp, but I'm not doing any kp duty as I have my DH convinced that unloading the dishwasher and cooking meals is on my forbidden list! (he's a great cook so the longer he cooks.... the better!!)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register