Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 - Page 29 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Unread 03-20-2008, 02:12 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

I love it KP! You keep working that DH just as long as you can. My DH burns toast and can't boil water, so if I want something edible, it's either take-out or make it myself.

Speaking of dishwashers, I just emptied mine for the first time since the surgery. However, it'll be our little secret. Your DH doesn't ever need to know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2008, 03:23 PM
Swelly belly seems "universal"

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanluvr5
I'm still amazed that those of us who had TVH have to deal with swelly belly. It's not something I thought I'd even need to worry about.
Amen to that, Karen! I went the laparoscopic route with the DaVinci robot. I am also a bit surprised at the "end of the day" swelling. It's not painful for me, just annoying. Belly seems flat enough in the morning and then just puffs up during the day. Without having an enlarged uterus and big fibroids to deal with, maybe my insides are just freaking out at having all that extra room!

I'm not dissatisfied with the DaVinci process at all, though. My 4 "poke" wounds from the robot arms, camera & morcellator (uterine grinder-upper) are starting to shrink and not look evil. I haven't had a bit of bleeding. I sure can't complain, although I might whine a bit!
Unread 03-20-2008, 06:09 PM

Zephyr45, Sorry about Portland State. My WSU Cougs are tied at half.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2008, 07:06 PM

The wireless connections around here are so hit and miss! I'm in Arizona visiting, but live in Muskoka Canada.

Just wanted to put my two cents in about the swelly belly...I had a TVH (kept ovaries, lost cervix) and I am amazed at how pregnant I look at the end of the day. Sheesh! Between that and the fatigue I wonder if I'll ever be myself again. I convinced myself that I wouldn't have any of these problems because it was the least invasive surgery out of all the ladies. PLUS my doctor didn't mention any of these details either. All my good information has come from you guys. Either that or my surgeon (being a man) didn't realize how tough this stuff is on your ego! Can someone tell me why we're tired? Is it hormonal or just the healing process or what?

The good news is that my spotting stopped - I'm holding my breath here - and yet I haven't given up the pads for fear that flo will return and sully up my new undies! Ridiculous, I know, but it's been so many years of ruined clothes I don't trust my body just yet.

Much love to all in hysterworld!

I'm going out to dinner with my hubby...
Unread 03-20-2008, 07:41 PM

Hi dke, I too live in Muskoka, Canada...cool! But I am still enjoying all those lovely snow banks! Glad you were able to escape.

I have been reading some of the older postings and also have looked up other sites, and have talked to a few others out there that have been through this already. Most seem to point to the realization that this healing process takes anywhere from 6 months to a year to feel yourself again. The fatigue seems to be a common complaint even after "normal" life has been embraced. I too am so surprised by my stomach as it really was not this bad to begin with. But I am rejoicing in the fact that I will be able to have a drawer full of nice panties that will be spring colors...not just black! The only problem now is that I only have two things that fit!!! And I definitely have the look of being at least 3-4 months pregnant...

Hope you enjo your dinner....and your holiday.

Elizabeth
Unread 03-20-2008, 07:45 PM

dke: Nice to hear from you. Are you enjoying your time in Arizona? This is certainly the time of year to be in Arizona. Last time I was there was in June, and it was dreadfully hot. I don't know how people can live there. Anyhow, my didn't mentioned anything about the either, and she's a she. My seems to be all day. Not just in the evenings as several of you have mentioned. My spotting stopped several days ago, and I'm really enjoying it. Haven't burned the pads yet, though, as I don't trust my body either. I'm waiting for my period to start in a couple of days. Somehow, I can't even comprehend not having one, as I've had them for 30 years.

Roboto: Never thought about all that extra room being the reason we have . Who knows, though, anything is possible.

Nursekerrie: Where are you? We haven't heard from you in awhile. Please come back!

bym1971:
Unread 03-20-2008, 08:36 PM

Hi ladies...incision still hurts, but better than yesterday (I did take a pain pill last night & it did help). Took a nap this afternoon, which was so nice...yesterday was just a crazy day. Had 3 dr's appt's...2 for me, and one for DS. Was a lot of in and out of the car/walking and way overdid it...especially since my incision was already oozing. On the bright side, no discharge for the past two days!! I'm hoping I've seen the end of it, but as someone else said earlier, I'm not ready to burn the pads yet, as I still don't trust my body. I did downgrade to pantyliners, though. Tomorrow I'm going to take my first solo drive since the surgery, so we'll see how that goes!
Unread 03-21-2008, 07:12 AM

Hey there I am still here - just dealing with a stomach bug on top of everything else!!! The sun is finally shining here and I can't believe how much of an affect it has on mood!! I too have swelly belly - seems to be more swollen if I increase my activity. I have had no discharge either but I think I have shares in the pad companies so not wanting to burn mine yet either!!!!lol Two of you ladies mentioned that you live in Muskoka Canada - I am assuming you mean Ontario?? I am not far from Muskoka also - I live a wee bit closer to the lake!!

Karen thanks so much for always being so encouraging it is nice to know when I am not posting my "sisters" are still thinking about me as I am of them! This site is fabulous and all of you ladies have been wonderful and instrumental in this recovery process. Talk to you all soon!
Unread 03-21-2008, 07:43 AM

I found out that I was so incredibly sick because I had the flu! I actually had my two week check up the afternoon right before the tornado in Atlanta. I was going to spend the night in Atlanta instead of driving 5 hours home, but we opted to go home...thank goodness. I do have moments of pulling stitches inside but everyother day I feel great. It is hard for me to sit still and that seems to be the biggest issue.
Unread 03-21-2008, 07:57 AM

Yes, the sitting still is the hardest thing once you start feeling a bit better. I definitely overdid yesterday. I did a bit of shopping with my sister, then out to lunch, then a bit more shopping with my niece. It was GREAT getting out and about and I knew that walking would be good - but boy was I exhausted last night!! And my tummy (yes, the swelly belly) is feeling all kinds of pully things today. I'm laying low today cause we have a family party tonight and I want to feel good for that - and then Easter! I REALLY want to go to church. Planned on it last Sunday and was so bummed once I started getting ready and realized I just didn't have what it takes to deal with the whole thing - especially the sitting for the 1+ hour. But I don't want to miss this week!

Feel better ladies.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register