Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 - Page 30 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Unread 03-21-2008, 08:18 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Good Morning Ladies,
So nice to see sisters checking in. All I have to say this morning is........NO night sweats last night! YAY!!!!!!!!

I too want to go to church for Easter, I don't know if I can sit that long though. We will see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2008, 01:23 PM

Hi Girls,
My swelly "muffin top" belly has been extra swelly and sore the last few days. I think I overdid it with errands and sitting too long the last few days. I put on some girdle panties before bed last night and took a couple of tramacet and voila!, much better this morning. Sill puffy but much improved for sure. I think I'll do the same tonight and see if it starts to improve the situation. I cut the crotch out of a pair of those support panties so it works more like a band and does'nt cut the circulation off to legs.

What I'm realy wondering today,... when is it OK to start putting vitamin oil or cream on the scar area to hopefuly improve the future final scar appearance???
Unread 03-21-2008, 01:38 PM
Vitamin E

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaLeeanne
Hi Girls,
I cut the crotch out of a pair of those support panties so it works more like a band and does'nt cut the circulation off to legs.

What I'm realy wondering today,... when is it OK to start putting vitamin oil or cream on the scar area to hopefuly improve the future final scar appearance???
Lisa:

That's a great idea for crotchless panties, albeit the very unsexy kind. LOL! I think I'll whack up a pair of support panty hose and see what happens with that.

Re Vitamin E: check with your Doc to be sure. Mine told me that it was OK to use "around" the scar, just not directly on it this early in the game. I have tried that and it does seem to make it more pliable. I've always used Vitamin E liberally ON the scar after it's all healed up, too and that does seem to minimize it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-21-2008, 01:45 PM

I can't even bear the THOUGHT of wearing support panties. I'm still so uncomfortable with most of my panties - the old stretched out ones that nearly fall down are all I can bear. Waistbands still seem like an unnecessary evil to me. But then, I still have a slight opening in my incision, just at the waist, so that's my issue with that.

I was just wondering about vitamin E, too. Hadn't asked my doctor.
Unread 03-21-2008, 01:48 PM

Hey good idea gurlz!

I am going to try the panty hose top...to help hold things in a bit....!

Hope you are having a good Easter weekend....

Lisa, I have a sister that lives in Kamloops...cool.

Elizabeth - 46
TVH kept ovaries 2/22
Unread 03-21-2008, 02:02 PM

Thanks for the replies, I think I will call my doctor next week and see if my incision is closed enough yet for oil. It looks very closed an scarlike now, not like a wound anymore, but I'm guessing it is probably to thin and fresh still for much tampering.

It realy is a small world. I know a few other women in Kamloops who are having or have had the operation already. Some I only know of through freinds or collegues so before the surgery I was asking lots of indirect third person questions. Now I'm so glad I started using this forum, I feel way more secure and way less worried about every little twinge and swelling that pops up.

Thanks again ladies. )
Unread 03-21-2008, 03:09 PM

Ha, all this talk of "support panties". I don't know why my doc didnt' mention it at the pre-op appt. but when she came to see me in the hospital, after the hyst, she said she wanted me wearing support panties as soon as I got home! Fortunately, Wal Mart sells some for $3.00 a pair, so it wasn't too burdensome to buy 8 pairs, so I'd have enough between laundry days! Right now, I'd be paranoid to wear anything else. She told me she wanted me to wear them for 8 weeks, but I might go 10, just to "be sure", lol!

Having said that, I'm having a pretty good day today. It's after 5PM, and I've only had to hit the Darvocet once. I'm still on the prescription strength naproxen morning and night (twice a day). There's a liquor store very near by. You can see it from my front porch. They're having a wine tasting until 8PM this evening. I'm going to go down there in a little bit, and taste some wines. I'm the only person in my household who likes wine, so I'm always hesitant to buy anything new, because if I don't like it, it'll go to waste. So, I've actually put on jeans and a "real" shirt (as opposed to an over-size tee-shirt)! but I brought down a pair of flannels with a draw-string, and an over-size tee-shirt to change into (without walking the stairs again) when I come back.

I've also found that, though I get sleepy around 3PM, I sleep much better at night if I resist the urge to nap in the afternoon. I think it would be fine if I got the urge to nap early in the day. But if I sleep from, say, 3:30-4:30, that's close enough to bed time to interfere with getting to sleep, and maintaining a sound sleep.

Unfortunately, because I take melatonin every night to help me sleep (and it increases vivid dreaming), I had a nightmare early this evening that left me awake at 6:30, sweating and heart pounding! Honestly, it was like something straight out of a bad horror movie! For a half-hour, I had to keep telling myself "it was only a dream, it was only a dream", then I got to go back to sleep for another half-hour or so.

Have a great day, everyone!

PS I'm counting going to the wine tasting as "doing something nice for myself". Maybe if I find something new I like, I'll even pick up a bottle!
Unread 03-21-2008, 03:40 PM
3 Weeks Post-Op -- Halfway There! WooHoo!!!

Hey girls:

How's everyone doing today? I'm three-weeks post-op today and feeling, uh, feeling pretty good. Had to think about that for a minute there. Yesterday was the first day without any Vicodin. Yes, I had some uncomfortable moments, but overall I did OK. I have my second bottle of 50 tabs that I haven't even opened yet. Let's hope I can keep it that way.

NurseKerrie: Welcome back to the land of the living, or semi-living as it may be for some of us. I'm so sorry to hear you've been dealing with a stomach bug. I had a horrific one on December 30 that actually landed me in the ER via ambulance. I don't seem to do anything halfway. Anyway, it had been over 20 years since I'd been sitting on the toilet with a trash can in my lap. Sorry, , but you definitely get the picture.

Crystalwrists74: Where are you? You haven't checked in lately. Tomorrow's the big day! Please keep us posted!

Way Out West: How are you feeling these days? Has your bleeding continued to subside?

Pamperedpeach: Sorry to hear you've been feeling under the weather. Hope you get well soon.

Any of you starting to feel a little frisky yet, or is it just me? :bigwink: I know, leave it to me to ask the personal questions, but inquiring minds need to know. Besides, you're all my Hysterland peeps, so I can ask you anything, right? I know, I know, within reason, of course. Can you tell I'm getting comfortable with all you girls?

Yesterday I went to visit my mom (local) and then headed over to Costco. Not to worry, my three purchases were carried, not pushed.

I was commissioned by a friend to make necklaces/earrings for his granddaughters and daughter-in-law. These are their Christmas presents for last year. Better late than never I suppose. I always enjoy the opportunity to be creative, and it gives me an opportunity to sit at my beading desk, which I have not done much of since the surgery.

Still dealing with the , but I got on the scale last night and I'm down 2 lbs. I'm now up only 5 lbs. since the surgery three weeks ago. I believe the two walks this week and not eating after 6 p.m. may have helped.

Happy Healing.

s,
Unread 03-21-2008, 04:50 PM

Drove for the first time today, and all went well--I drive a standard, too, so there's extra jerking around when I drive. Still a little sore where the incision opened up, but it's doing better now that the steri strips are gone.

In response to feelin' frisky...yes and no! Yes cause we haven't gone there since Dec (sorry if TMI) and no cause I'm scared of how it's going to feel/not feel. I'm having some very vivid dreams at night, though, lol!
Unread 03-21-2008, 05:41 PM

My bleeding has finally slowed down. Thanks for asking Karen. I am achy and tied today, not what I was expecting on my 3 wk. date. Back on pain meds., I think it must have something to do with the hard weekend.

Jenn, when does the kitty come home tomorrow? Let us know how it goes.

Heather, so glad your driving went well. I have not done that yet. Next week

Hey Zephry, how was work?

Happy Easter weekend everyone!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register