Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 - Page 39 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Unread 03-26-2008, 02:38 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

No, no cervix. Kept ovaries though and had quite sharp pains during what must have been ovulation this month. Don't usually feel that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2008, 02:47 PM

I usually feel it when I ovulate, cramplike, so I've been waiting for it.

I have noticed the period like feelings in abdomen and legs but I am unsure if it is just nerve healing/irritation or a period symptom thing that may continue. Mine are nothing near to what I endured before surgery so I'm on the wait and see plan right now. I keep measuring everything in "before and after" perspectives.

I hope yours improves soon, let me know how your feeling ongoing K ?
Unread 03-26-2008, 02:51 PM

Hi, I had two procedures, I'll try to keep it short:
Sept. 07, I had a DNC, 2 polyps removed, and a balloon ablation. Oct. 07, was back in drs office with excruiating pelvic pain. My dr ordered a CT and Vaginal Ultrasound, also put on anitbiotics. Ultrasound showed I had another uterine polyp; CT showed multiple golfball size uterine fibroids, multiple cysts on left ovary...the right ovary was removed 14 yrs ago...grapefruit size cyst on right ovary. CT also showed multiple cervical cysts.

Feb 27, I had a TAH, Bladder sling, Vagina sling, and a vertical incision.
Everything went fine. I Still have abdomenal pain. I am just getting over a urinary tract infection. I'm on a low dose estrogen therapy and having uncomfortable hot flashes. I'm wondering if the estrogren therapy needs to be increased. I have 4 more weeks of recovery ahead of me. Cannot pick up anything heavier than a light handbag or a cell phone as per my surgeon. I see gyn again this Friday. That's my story. For those who are facing a Hysterectomy, one word of advice.....make sure you push the morphine button every ten minutes...I wasn't pushing mine. I thought the morphine was causing my nausea and vomiting. It was the other way around, the pain was causing the n & v. Push the button.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2008, 02:59 PM

Hi pansypen, wow sounds like youve had major work done, kudos. Some of you girls are so brave and tuff I feel like a complete wimp in comparason.

wishing you the very best kindest recovery,
Unread 03-26-2008, 03:00 PM

After all the surgery I had done, I can't understand why I didn't get one of those morphine pumps... I was on a painkiller drip - don't know what was in that.

Sounds like you've had a rough time, pansypen. look after yourself.
Unread 03-26-2008, 03:35 PM

pansypen, wow, you had a rough time of it!

As for the estrogen, my doc gave me patches, but she gave me two 'scripts. One 'script was for 3 patches, so I could try them, the second was for 12 patches, pending the first three weeks being successful. Fortunately, what she has me on seems to be working for me, as I've had no hot flashes (minor warm flashes at the most!) and my sex drive seems to be returning.

My point is, if the dosage you're on doesn't seem to be working, call your doctor's office and get something else.
Unread 03-26-2008, 03:53 PM

Hi Ladies, it sounds like it has been a tough day for all who have checked in. I hope it is getting better for you all.

Today I got my nails done, heaven! I drove for the first time too. I spent 2 1/2 hours away from the house, and I was totally exhausted when I got home. I will be on the couch with my blankie and heating pad for the rest of the day/evening. The good news is I haven't taken a pain pill for 3 days, woohoo, 400mg of ibuprofen seems to be doing the trick. I am so thankful.

Onwards, hang in there, hubby will be back soon. I know I get blue when mine is gone. You are in my prayers
Unread 03-26-2008, 05:25 PM

Seems like most of you who are checking in have not had TAH and were able to keep your ovaries and cervix. I, unfortunately, had the TAH/BSO and did not keep them due to endometriosis. I feel like such a wimp with my recovery. My pain level is not too bad, just trying to be careful and not pull anything. It will be 4 weeks Friday and seems like those around me may be thinking I should be further along than I am. I just don't have much stamina and today all I wanted to do was sleep. If I could have just stayed in the bed, I would have. The bladder spasms have come back again. Last week, I was given meds for it and I was hoping that would help and it did for a few days. I'm concerned about my bladder problems and wonder if it will ever be normal again. I have my 4 week checkup on Tuesday - maybe my dr will clear up my questions and concerns. I hope those of you who haven't been able to sleep will get a good night's rest tonight.
Unread 03-26-2008, 05:46 PM
Happy Wednesday!

Hey there girls:

I'm sorry to hear that so many of you are having a rough time. Remember, this too shall pass!

Yesterday I got the bug, so I hit a couple of stores and then went on a 45 min. walk. I was starting to get uncomfortable while shopping due to all the standing, but pushed myself and walked anyway. I wound up having to take a Motrin last night before bed.

My mom and I had lunch today and went to buy some fabric. We were standing around waiting to be served for quite awhile, and my abdomen/lower back started to get pretty uncomfortable. I had taken a Motrin at lunch, but it wasn't doing a thing for the pain. Unfortunately, I wound up taking a Vicodin when I got home, as I couldn't stand up straight, and even sitting was uncomfortable. Two steps forward, one step back.

pansypen: Sorry to hear you had such an ordeal.

tahireh: I've been taking melatonin for years. It helps me reach REM sleep, which I'm otherwise unable to attain due to the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

Way Out West: Congratulations on your first drive.

onwards: Sorry to hear you'll be hubbyless for so long. Hopefully your older DD can help you with your younger DD if necessary.

Lisa: I have already downloaded the second audiobook from Ken Follett. Each audiobook is approximately 40 hours. I'm still working on "Pillars of the Earth," but am loving it so much, I don't want it to end.

busycasper: I had a TVH. They took the cervix but left the ovaries.

Anyone else dealing with tremendous abdominal/lower back discomfort when standing for a period of time?

I'm kicking it on the couch recliner right now, and probably won't move for the rest of the day. DH got home this afternoon from his 2-day business trip, and he's snoozing right next to me. Poor guy worked himself too hard.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Happy healing!

s,
Unread 03-26-2008, 08:46 PM
The road is getting easier

Greetings Ladies,
I'm sorry to hear that so many of you are having a rough few days. The not sleeping thing really sucks. Hopefully no one is too very tired and getting caught up on the zzzzz's during nap time. It's taken me about a week back on a regular schedule to get back to a regular sleep pattern. I do certainly miss my afternoon nap though!
I've almost finished my first full week back at work - just 2 more days to go. I'm finding that I feel really good in the morning - maybe even better than right before my surgery, but by lunch time, I'm sore, achy and tired. I've made it all the way through the day this week without even any tylenol, but I'm sure ready to put my feet up and chill when I get home.
As soon as my doc removed the surgical tape I noticed little bits of fishing line looking stuff poking out of my incisions - even a nice little knot or two in my belly button incision. Doc said these stitches would eventually dissolve, but I figured the parts sticking out wouldn't ever dissolve so out of curiousity and thinking the inside part was dissolved, I pulled ever so gently on them and two of the pokey pieces came right out. Coolio. Now if only the ones in my belly button would finish dissolving on the inside - they are just irritating the heck out of me. Anyone else have similiar stitches?
Hoping that you are all taking it easy, not picking up your dd or anything else too heavy, and that you get a restful and full night's sleep really soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register