Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 - Page 40 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Unread 03-26-2008, 09:51 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Well I have a lot of catch up reading to do....

Oh ladies I'm MISERABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As many of you know, the death of my 15 yr old cat occurred in conjunction with my surgery so my emotions have been even more whacked than they would have been with just the hysterectomy.

I had everything removed except the cervix and can't do any hormones because or blood clotting issues. So I'm just dealing with menopause.....and the hot flashes, the crying spells, the irritability, the extreme tiredness....I don't want to do ANYthing NOR do I want to go ANYwhere.

I adopted a 3 yr old this past Saturday. I can't seem to coax her into feeling comfortable. And I am excellent with animals....she is just the most timid, skittish little thing. She's been coming out every so often and it's been getting better...but the past two nights not including RIGHT NOW....she MEOWS constantly during the night. I don't know what to do!!!

SIGH

I feel so badly for her....I give her all I can, but I think she is just overwhelmed by everything and probably misses her previous owner. I wish I could assure her that it will be okay.

I have therapy tomorrow. I don't want to go. I don't want to do anything. I just want to cry. Part of me feels like I can't deal with life at all.

I could go on and on....there is so much more running through my mind. I guess I will go back and read other posts and take the focus off myself.

I hope you are all healing well and doing better than me!!!

Hugs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2008, 10:06 PM

Hi Jenn:

It's good to hear from you. You're missed when you aren't posting.

I am so sorry you are having such a rough time. I encourage you to go to counselling tomorrow, even if you don't want to. If you are anything like me, you'll feel better after you go. Have you talked with your doctor about medication for the depression?

Ms. Kitty probably just needs more time to adjust. It hasn't even been a week yet. She'll come around, not to worry. I'm sure she may be picking up on your vibes right now, which makes it even more difficult for both of you. As far as her meowing in the middle of the night, you may just want to get some ear plugs until she gets past it. You definitely need your rest. Is it possible you are trying too hard?

Hang in there. Things will get better!!!!

BIG s,
Unread 03-26-2008, 10:38 PM

Hi Jenn,
I've been worried about you and you've been in my thoughts every day. I'm glad you're posting again, but my heart just goes out to you with all that you are going through.

When I brought my 2 kitties home, they wandered around the house mewing for days. The little girl, especially, was always hiding under the bed. Eventually they felt at home and are quite happy here now. These 2 were kittens and probably adapted faster than an older cat. The breeder we got kitties from recommends that kitty have her own room with a heating pad - either a microwaveable own that you can buy at a pet place or simply put a bunch of uncooked rice in a sock or two and heat them in the microwave and put in your kitty's bed. She'll be comforted by the warmth. Keep her food, water, bed, litterbox all in her one room and let her own this space as much as you can - even closing the door with her inside unless she paws at the door and mews to get out. Once she feels safe there, she'll start to explore. She'll adapt. She's in a new place. That's scary. She'll become more comfortable and loving in time. Sometimes it takes a month or so for kitty to feel like she really belongs in her new home. In a week or so you should start to see her relax, but she may still be a bit standoffish for a bit longer, but she'll soon discover that you love her and she'll be purring contentedly on your lap in no time.

Please remember, Jenn, that time heals. Be patient with yourself. Be gentle. I know you're hurting. That totally sucks. You sound like a wonderful person who has so much love to give. I'm sending you much love and hugs. Please keep posting here. I worry about you, sweetie. I wish I could help more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2008, 12:41 AM

Oceanluv5, YES I am having loads of pain in abdomen and back when i am upright. I also wake with it in the mornings but generally in the day it is relieved by lying down. I also had vaginal hysterectomy and they took cervix and left ovaries. I also had laparoscopy with diathermy to endo deposits and adhesions behind uterus and on bowel and also repairs (one of which was for enterocele). Pain was really horrible yesterday, like bad bad period, and I had slight reddy/brown discharge (not enough to panic about), but as pain is still the same as before op, I can't help wondering if maybe there are some endo deposits left behind. I did put this in an earlier reply. I suppose I'll have to wait until next month and see if the same thing happens.

Haven't read everyone's blogs yet and have to go out, so au revoir and have a good start to the day ladies.
Unread 03-27-2008, 01:20 AM

Cristalwrists74, you poor poor love. I do hope you go to your counselling - you definitely sound like you need to offload. I am SO glad that I opted for leaving my ovaries when I listen to how you are feeling, although if that awful endo isn't gone, I may well reverse that comment...

Here is a big hug to all who are feeling low today. Remember there are thoughts and love going out to you. Look after yourselves.
Unread 03-27-2008, 06:04 AM

Hi Jenn,

We have adopted five cats from the animal shelter. Not knowing what most of their histories were we have had to work with all of them to make them feel a part of the family. Each one responding differently and at their own pace. They have all eventually come around, including the last one that would not come out of the darkest corner of our basement. She would let us interact with her down there but she would not come upstairs. She would cry all night and she would cry non stop when we went to see her. Finally we locked her upstairs against her will and let her cry (since she was crying anyways) and now after two weeks she fits in like all the rest and only make a peep once in a while when she is saying hello. Phew.... I know what you mean about the crying and feeling helpless to understand what they want.

We also adopted a little chihuahua that had been passed around alot and every woman that came to the door he barked at and backed away...because it was women that had owned him and I think he just thought someone else was going to come and take him away.....he is in his forever home now...we just love him and he us. He thinks he is the boss already and the "keeper of the cats." He herds them and wrestles with them...quite humerous.

I really do believe that love will conquer...and you sound like you have tons to share... hang in there...give yourself a little love and grace as well...you too have been through alot.

Awesome that you have someone to talk to about stuff... and a chance to get out and do something apart from your kitty....will help her feel glad to see you when you come back also!

Hope that you feel better as the day goes on....
Unread 03-27-2008, 11:11 AM

Morning Girls,

I see this morning is a rough one for many, sorry to hear it.

Jennifer I hope things start to improve for you soon, sounds like a very good idea to go to therapy. There is nothing more cathardic than unloading on an impartial third party! You can say all the nasty painfull stuff you would never say to anyone else.

Onwards, I also had lots of endo, in the culdesac and this time some on my right side. Hoping he got it all this time. If not I may just wait for menopause, not sure yet. Wait and see I guess.

I have a very heavy feeling torso this morning and my right side still feels very pulled and tender, but other than that I think I'm doing OK for an old girl.

On the subject of cats, we have half a cat. Yes she's the neighbors cat but she loves us a lot and comes over for regular visits and sometimes sleepovers if her mom and dad are out a lot. She's a senior citizen now but she used to bring us spiders worms and the occasional bird. All the birds lived, she would just grab them straight out of the air and bring them over right away, for me to gently take away then wait till they came out of shock and set free. There, I got to contribute a cat story, yay! If we were home more I could definately be a serial cat person, I like pets a lot, grew up with lots of them.

Hoping everyones day improves,
Unread 03-27-2008, 01:08 PM
A 4-week progress report and some new kitty help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalwrists74
....she MEOWS constantly during the night. I don't know what to do!!!
Hang in there with the kitty! My last rescue beastie did the same thing. Did you go buy some Feliway spray? Call your pet store. Call your vet. Get some Feliway! It's a natural (to cats) pheromone spray that calms them down and tells them that that everything is OK in their new abode. My vet suggested using it and it really saved me with my last rescue kitty. It's awesome stuff and you might just get some rest if you try it. I really recommend it. I'm a 3-kitty mom: one 7-year-old male Singapura, one 7-year-old female Ocicat/Bengal mix (she is my "foundling") and one female Siamese senior-citizen who turns 18 on tax day (4/15).

Back on topic: I'll be 4-weeks post-op tomorrow and I feel GREAT. This week has almost been "normal". Wow! My energy is back. I'm not in pain. I'm walking a LOT and starting a new consulting contract next week. I'm sending prayers and positive thoughts to all my Hyster Sisters in their various stages of recovery!
Unread 03-27-2008, 02:00 PM

Hey Roboto,

Nice to hear you have an Ocicat/Bengal mix....aren't they amazing? We rescued one that they were going to put down for not being social...she is the most social of the bunch now...and so affectionate, a real snuggle bum. I had never seen anything like her until we met......beautiful cat!

I would have to say week four for me was the turning point as well. I am feeling much better going into my 5th week...more like normal!

I did my longest walk to-date and feel pretty good, a small twinge on my right side but that is it! Nice to be going into the nicer weather thinking of being healthier and able to enjoy more activities again!

Take care,
Unread 03-27-2008, 02:11 PM

Again, three steps forward and two steps back. Last week I felt like a million bucks, today I'm not even sure I'm worth a buck fifty.

Before Easter, I felt great, so I did the Easter thing with my family and then my boyfriend's family the next day ... then Monday/Tuesday I came down with a cold ... and I did a half a "girls day" with my best friend Wednesday ... and I'm still not sleeping ... and I was spotting slightly this morning (which I haven't done at all since surgery a month ago) ... and I hurt all over. I'm "thisclose" to asking for someone to just shoot me and put me out of my misery.

I need to go retrieve my boyfriend from work so he can pick up his car from the mechanic, and then I'm coming back home and not moving from this space for at least three days.

I was going to beg my doctor to allow me to go back to work on April 7, now I'm wondering if I should beg for April 14 instead.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register