Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 - Page 45 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Unread 03-30-2008, 03:35 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Oceanluv5, I am SO sorry to hear you are still suffering so much. I do hope they sort things out for you soon. I was wondering if you have a temperature, as doesn't that usually indicate whether an infection is going on somewhere? They must have done all that when you went for your test.

Haven't done much this morning, been lolling about in bed talking to friends on skype. Have an essay to finish too, but must get myself up and about properly in a minute. I'll find out how much pain is going on for me today then. Things have been better, although wasn't too wonderful yesterday afternoon/evening, but nowhere near as bad as it had been. I am keeping that pain diary, but am hoping that things will just improve. I really hope so. Like all you other ladies, I am pretty fed up with having been in pain for so long before the surgery, I just want it all to go away.

Have a good day girls.

for oceanluv5.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2008, 12:48 PM

had a pretty good sleep last night, I think exaustion just took over finaly. My scar looks fine again not sure what is up there, but I'm keeping an eye on it.

Onwards, I can understand why the kegels might be painfull for you if you had lots of endo in the area. Sounds like you need more healing time for sure.

Karen, sorry to hear your dealing with UTI, they are pesky and painfull. I had one once when I was younger and I can imagine with all the swelling from the healing process it would be more painfull now.

take care girls,
Unread 03-30-2008, 02:31 PM
Happy Sunday!

Hi girls:

Lisa and onwards: Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement. Onwards, no I don't have a fever, just abdominal and lower back pain and my urine has an unpleasant odor.

Since my OB/GYN was on vacation last week, I emailed my primary care physician. He had prescribed an antibiotic last December that I never ended up needing. When the culture results came in, my doctor emailed me back and said that since I was having symptoms, I should take the antibiotic for 10 days. If symptoms persist after 10 days, he wants me to consult my OB/GYN. I'm feeling better simply due to being pro-active. I should know within the next couple of days if the antibiotic is working.

We had dinner at my Mom's for DH's birthday yesterday. The B-B-Q'd filet mignon and chocolate cake made from scratch were delicious.

DH and I are on the couch again today with the dog and one of our kitties sleeping in his lap. We have three movies from Netflix we're planning to watch.

DH is on the road again this week. He'll leave tomorrow afternoon and return Wednesday night. I'm hoping my pain will subside enough to be able to take advantage of the time he's away and make some jewelry.

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

Happy Healing!

s,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2008, 03:47 PM
Better and better

Hi ladies,
It sounds like (although some of us are having a few setbacks) that most are on our way to recovery. It's so good to hear about how well people are doing.

Oceanluvr5, I sure hope your docs figure out what is causing you the pain. You sound like you're in good spirits despite the ongoing issues. Do you find that you're sleeping in a different position? walking differently? I wonder (probably wrong) if you're experiencing muscle pains from accomodating your surgery pain???? Are you allowed to get a massage? I wonder if that would help? - just brainstorming....

I managed to get through (with only a few tylenol) a full week of work including my job as a track meet starter on Friday (little bit sore and very tired yesterday). I was a good girl and just watched others pick up the starting blocks and drag hurdles onto and off the track - I felt like such a slacker, but the head starter is such an awesome guy - he said until I'm healed my male counterparts have been instructed to treat me like a princess. They are always such gentlemen around me to begin with (I'm the only woman and the youngest to boot).

On Spring Break this week so my goal is to not overdue it in the yardwork department. We totally started over with our entire yard 2 years ago - ripping everything out. Our front yard has only grass and 2 passion vines - lots and lots of empty bed space. I wonder if I can manage a shovel to put in some shrubs - we generally only buy the small, baby plants so I think I'll be okay planting them. Doc has cleared me to return to just about everything... Now if the weather would just cooperate. We've had snow or sleet off and on for the last 4 days - very, very unseasonable. Normally the grass has been mowed 4 or 5 times by now.

Hope everyone's progress continues on the right track and that those of you experiencing some setbacks find speedy relief.
Unread 03-30-2008, 04:19 PM

I have given myself a signature and so am trying it out...

Need the loo but can't quite manage it. It is SO uncomfortable!!
Unread 03-30-2008, 07:09 PM

Hey ladies ... i had a rough emotional weekend with various family and felt really depleted by sunday night. Cant help noticing that all people who support me have mountains to climb themselves as much as i try to lap up their assistance and limit how much i offer support.

today is MY day .. and im already feeling restored having spent loads of time tending to my selfish list of showering, laundry, tv, breakfast, lunch and just alllllll stuff for me.

I sometimes worry about how my energy will pan out next week when im back at work but i will need to take it step by step and sloooowwwwly eh girls.

Tomorrow will be my 5 week anniversary. EEk will i be a whole lot different in 1 week, and my post op appt with Dr is the following week.

Anyhoo, we keep on keeping on eh girls!!!!!
Unread 03-30-2008, 07:43 PM

Hello all ...
I've been back at work for 2 weeks now. It's going well, but very busy. I had my second post op visit this Tuesday. My pathology report confirmed adenomyosis. The doctor showed me pictures of my uterus adhered to my bowel. He removed a stray stitch that "came up". Yesterday I had a slight bit of drainage from that area. I'm cleaning it with peroxide and trying not to obsess about it. I tried to take it easier this weekend and did not do any yard work which I really wanted to do. I did plant a few pansies in pots because that means spring to me and they make me laugh.
Best wishes to all.
Unread 03-30-2008, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr45
Oceanluvr5, I sure hope your docs figure out what is causing you the pain. You sound like you're in good spirits despite the ongoing issues. Do you find that you're sleeping in a different position? walking differently? I wonder (probably wrong) if you're experiencing muscle pains from accomodating your surgery pain???? Are you allowed to get a massage? I wonder if that would help? - just brainstorming....

I managed to get through (with only a few tylenol) a full week of work including my job as a track meet starter on Friday (little bit sore and very tired yesterday). I was a good girl and just watched others pick up the starting blocks and drag hurdles onto and off the track - I felt like such a slacker, but the head starter is such an awesome guy - he said until I'm healed my male counterparts have been instructed to treat me like a princess. They are always such gentlemen around me to begin with (I'm the only woman and the youngest to boot).
Thank you for all your brainstorming Zephyr45. I really appreciate it. I suppose I could be suffering muscle pains due to accomodating my surgery pain. Every once in awhile I feel a tugging/pulling sensation in my abdomen when I get up off the couch. I'm trying to make a conscious effort to do a Kegel whenever I'm using those muscles (this was suggested in the class I took), so I don't cause any additional trauma to this already weak area.

For the most part my spirits are high. I had a little crying spell earlier today due to frustration with the pain and my DH. We had a little spat that I later realized was due to my pain-induced short fuse. Don't you just hate it when you overreact to a situation and have to admit you are wrong? Oh well, I had a human moment, so I pick myself up, dust myself off and move on.

Try not to overdo it during Spring Break. At this stage of our recovery, I can see how it would be very easy to do too much.

s,
Unread 03-31-2008, 02:02 PM

Hi Everyone, I am still having pain. I find it uncomfortable to sit very long or do just about anything too long, except sleep. After my shower yesterday I had to take a pain pill. I'm still taking approx. 5 per day.
My surgery included: vertical abdominal incision, total hysterectomy, viginal vault prolapse repair, and bladder sling. Should I be worried about running out of pain meds and having to call my gyn for more? I don't take them unless I need them. I just need to know if this is normal considering all the surgery that was done. I'm over 4 weeks in my recovery. Thanks for any advice.
Unread 03-31-2008, 02:35 PM

Hi Ladies,

Pansypen, I am so sorry that you are still having such pain. I did not have any repair work done, so I have no idea if it is normal. I know last week I was really frustrated with the pain and had resolved to call the Dr. last Monday if it wasn't better, and then all of the sudden it was better. I call it turning the corner.

Karen, any news on the UTI?

KP, have a wonderful spring break, I couldn't image going back to work yet.

Onwards, how are things going with hubby gone?

Jenn, where are you?????

I am looking forward to week 5 of recovery. I almost feel back to normal, except for the fatigue. I am resolved to the fact that this will take some time to get rid of.

I hope everyone is having a good recovery day!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register