Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 - Page 48 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Unread 04-02-2008, 05:06 PM
Happy Hump Day!

Hello girls:

DNK!

Lisa & Kris: Thank you so much for your kind words of encouragement. I feel so loved!

Roboto: Glad to hear you are no longer dealing with It's nice, isn't it? Congrats on the job security. It's a beautiful thing.

The depression seems to be getting better everyday. I was diagnosed with clinical depression ten years ago, and have been taking medication ever since. It may be time to see the for a tune-up on my meds. In addition, I'm seeing a counselor once a week, although I haven't seen her since before the surgery. I'll probably start back next week.

The antibiotics I was taking for the UTI were causing nausea, headaches, fatigue and, I believe, depression. I was going to tough it out for another week, but decided to call my doctor and ask for a different medication. I picked it up this a.m., have taken my first pill, and the nausea is better, but not completely gone. Probably need to get the old medication out of my system.

Does anyone else notice that the older you get, the more side effects you experience from medication? I'm not sure if this is an age thing, a hormone thing, or what, but over the past couple of years, my tolerance for medication seems to have decreased.

I did some today to lift my spirits. Probably not the best thing to do in a single-income household, but I was pretty good. Try to buy things on sale. I was a bad girl and used a cart in Target. I moved very slowly and didn't buy too many items. I tried to get in and out as quickly as I could. By the time I got home, I was hurting a bit, so I'm kicking it on the couch with "velcro dog" in my lap. The little girl is the opitome of a true lap dog. Any opportunity she gets, she's there.

DH comes home very soon. The dog and I have really missed him. He's a really good guy, easy to be with. I don't know how I got so lucky.

I picked up the movie Sweeney Todd today on DVD. Haven't seen it yet, so hope it's good. I am in complete and total lust with Johnny Depp, and buy any movie he's in.

Girls, please keep posting when you can. We have such a great group here, and I don't want to lose touch.

s,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-02-2008, 07:00 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Hi Karen,
Sorry to hear that you're feeling down. Do you work or get out to see people? I don't do well when I'm isolated. I'm much better when I'm at work with people - I'm mentally stimulated and don't focus on my own problems that much. I also need to get together with my girlfriends from time to time.
I have to see the doctor tomorrow because I have a stitch coming up from my belly button incision. This is the second one. He took one out last week. I have to ask why this is happening.
Hope you feel better,
Sonia
Unread 04-02-2008, 09:49 PM

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for welcoming me, you guys really make me laugh which is good therapy.

It is quite funny reading all about you guys, it is like YES!! I feel like that today and I did that too.

Well I did drive to the shops today and did some serious girly shopping, istn't retail therapy just the best.

But I agree once around Target and a couple of specialty stores and I was ready to call it quits.

It is autumn down under and the chill has hit the air. So I giured i needed some new warm clothes, it was really hard though because I couldn't lift or carry much, but I did manage to buy some nice tops.

I also was a bit sore and tired when I came home, but not as bad as last week so that is a big step forward, and I didn't walk like an old lady and it felt great to get out.

Being able to drive now is just the best, such freedom. DH is going to Perth on business on sunday and won't be home till Friday late, so will be "Home Alone" for 6 days. Not looking forward to that at all. although having the bed to myself will be heaven.

You know before all this DH was always complaining that we didn't have sex enough, but he has been very supportive and has not even tried to go there, although he does tell me I have the best arse. MEN!!! Seriously though he has been a real gem.

Like most of you I was having doubts as to if when we did indulge if all would be okay, and it is so relieving to read that I am not the only one with these doubts, it is definately on my list of questions for the Gyno next week.

I had a big talk to DH last night about what I had read and he agreed that it was up to me and we would take it easy when we did. Who is this man - I like it!!!

And also never knew that they may take out the cervix, OUCH!! Will ask about that also.

I ahd my ovaries removed and started on HRT 1 week post op. No problems which is great, although I don't seem to have much of a Libido but hopefully I will.

After reading about you gals, I realise that I have had a pretty easy time of it, no depression, minimal pain (high pain threshold) so I am blessed.

By for now from downunder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-03-2008, 09:25 AM

Hi ladies, well I hope you are feeling better than me today... I had a few good days without too much pain and was beginning to feel almost human, when bang, I feel like I am back to square one.

Well, OK, it wasn't quite bang...more like the Big O.
The good news is that all is most definitely in working order (thought it was gonna blow me off the face of the planet in fact!) but today the pain is horrible again. I am five and a half weeks post op and had asked the consultant at two weeks post op when it would be safe to indulge and he more or less said, whenever, it's trial and error.

Well, it most definitely feels like ERROR. The discharge has come back a bit too. Now I am thinking WHEN would it be safe to try again cos it sure doesn't feel today like the right thing to have done.

I am out tonight at a tribute do' and meal, but really all I feel like is going to

Sorry to whinge, girls, but it's easier to tell strangers about things like this than people you know!

Happy Recovery ladies.
Unread 04-03-2008, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onwards
Well, OK, it wasn't quite bang...more like the Big O.

The good news is that all is most definitely in working order (thought it was gonna blow me off the face of the planet in fact!) but today the pain is horrible again.
Glad to hear everything is in working order. I, too, have been putting things to the test, and I'm pleased to report that all my girl parts work just fine.

Sorry to hear about the terrible pain. Maybe you and the Big "O" should take it easy for a little while. :bigwink:

s,
Unread 04-03-2008, 11:54 AM

Hello Girls,

I'm on countdown alert, going back to work full time next week. Mixed feelings of course, cant wait to do something and use my brain again but I just know sitting in a chair for most of the day is going to be brutal. I hope my period symptoms are gone by Monday so I dont have to think about that also. I'm also hoping I'll be nice and sleepy at night after working full days. that would be great. I've got my pile of fitness and yoga wear all washed and ready to go. I even put together a few outfits that look half decent. Maybe I'll start a trend with the other girls!
Unread 04-03-2008, 01:08 PM

I had my six week check-up today and was released with no restrictions so I'm back to work Monday. Woohoo!!! My LAVH was 2/25 and my sutures are "still hanging on" per my doctor. However, I can still have a little "careful fun".

I'd like to thank all the women who've posted. I don't post often but I read this site almost daily (especially when I have symptoms the doctor didn't mention). The entire experience was much easier to deal with when you have other people who know exactly what you're going through.
Unread 04-03-2008, 03:05 PM

Hello Ladies, today is a good day, it is my 26th wedding anniversary! I am married to a wonderful man and I am so thankful.

As for recovery, I seem to be getting better everyday. But, I still find that I have to be careful. If I am up and about too much, I pay the next day.

It is so nice to ready that everybody is doing pretty good.
Unread 04-03-2008, 06:15 PM

txlioness. Glad to hear your post-op appointment went so well.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Teri! Awesome, 26 years!!!

I'm still battling the nausea and a headache from my second antibiotic for the UTI. I think I'll just tough it out, as I only have three more days to go. I'm chosing to look at the bright side of this. This is one of those rare times in life when I know exactly when I'm going to feel better -- as soon as I finish the medication. Unfortunately, the down side is that I'm not in a very good mood and I don't feel like doing anything.

I managed to get two loads of done today. One is folded, sitting in the basket, waiting for DH to take it upstairs. The other is still sitting in the dryer. Other than that, I accomplished a whole lot of nothing today. Oh well.

So let's see, we haven't heard from several of you lately. Where's crystalwrists 74, sighofrelief and nursekerrie? Ladies, we miss hearing from you. Please let us know how you are doing.

s,
Unread 04-03-2008, 06:40 PM

Hello girls,
Hope your spirits are better. As women we like to be in control of our bodies and we do so much that we get impatient and frustrated when we have to put the brakes on. I remember the first night of surgery lying in bed with the pain pump and all my attachments and thinking, "Enough already!"
I saw the doctor today and he cut off the end of the stitch that was sticking out and put on a steri strip. Hopefully that's the end of that. I have otherwise been blessed with a very good recovery.
Glad to hear that girl parts are still in working order. I haven't tested them yet, maybe this weekend ...

Sonia
LAVH and BSO 2/27/08, 54 years old

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register