Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 - Page 53 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Unread 04-07-2008, 11:26 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Hi sisters

Had my 6 wk post-op this morning and was cleared to do anything and everything I want. While that is a good thing for the most part, I was hoping to go back to work part time for a week or two since exhaustion still seems to haunt me.

No such luck! The doc says I have no restrictions. Dang!

Anyways, he said my incision looks great and my vaginal cuff is healed up great too.

I have told everyone I know about this site - you guys have helped me immensely!

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2008, 01:57 PM

Diane and Elizabeth:
I am having the same problem with my back hurting too. Glad I can get into the whirlpool as well.

Today, I'm trying to get laundry done and my house back in order as I go back to work tomorrow. Kind have mixed feelings about it. I've enjoyed getting to sleep in and not have to worry about ironing clothes for work and packing my lunch, etc. It's time to get back into the routine of things in the real world though. My son is graduating high school next month so we've been busy sending out invitations, etc.

I'm glad this is behind so many of us and we can look forward to feeling great again and not experiencing the problems that each of us had. I went grocery shopping the other day and almost picked up a package of pads out of habit. I thought "oh, I don't need those anymore." I have taken the ones I had here at home to our church to keep in the ladies bathroom.

Take care Sisters. You have all been such a big help to me in the past several weeks. It's been a big comfort and encouragement to me every day.
Unread 04-07-2008, 02:07 PM

Yeah, I wish I could just rest today, but tomorrow I'm making a move to NJ - not a whole household, thank God, but I'm still busy packing up. I went out for a bit when my back started up - and the change in position and activity was helpful, but now I'm back at it and it's hurting again. Just a bit more. I need to do what I can - as it is I can't load up the car myself, but putting it all together, that I've got to do. Better get back at it - and then the hot tub....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2008, 02:15 PM

Hi Sisters!!!

I go back for my 6 wk. checkup this Friday. I am dragging a little behind with my recovery. I actually had to take a pain pill just a moment ago.
I'll recap what my surgery entailed: about a ft. long vertical ab incision, everything removed, had vagina vault prolapse reconstruction, and bladder sling. I have a history of hernias and I'm on the disabled list for another 3 weeks; but that is okay, I'd rather take it slow and easy and forego any future hernia repair.

I am so happy you are all doing so well and getting back to your activities.
Spring is in the air and the little birds are singing up a storm. I can already see major benefits to this hyst, NO MORE MIGRAINES!!!! Are there any others on here who battled migraines?

Would I have this surgery again knowing what I know now? In a heartbeat!

Also, bye, bye to constipation too!

Pansy-45
Unread 04-07-2008, 05:20 PM

Hi Girls,

I survived my first day back at work. I am sore and very swollen (achey back too) but it is bearable. I got about an hour of sleep last night before the alarm went off at 5:30m am. Hoping I'll be nice and exhausted tonight, what a treat that would be ! My left leg tried to fall asleep on me several times today which was realy annoying, I presume that was a result of my constant friend "swelly belly" pushing on nerves and such. I told my cooworkers I might wear my panty girdle over my clothes tomorrow and see if I can get sent home early. Snickers....

It was very strange, but after about an hour back at work, I felt like I had never been away. I thought it was going to be much harder to get back in the swing. It was a very busy day with lots problems to deal with (I'm a freight dispatcher), so I really did'nt have much time to feel sorry for myself at all, mores the pity!

I don't go for my so called 6 week check up for a few more weeks. By then I doubt I'll have much left to complain about. I'm crossing my fingers that my belly will be slightly less swollen by then. That's realy the only thing causing me any major discomfort at the moment.

Kind thoughts to all,
Unread 04-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Very Sad News

Hi Ladies,

I'm so very sorry to share some very awful news with you all. Many of you have been wondering why Jenn (Crystalwrists74 - first post on page 8) has not posted a message in some time.

I received an email from her sister on Sunday. Jenn died a week ago Saturday (March 29th). From what I've learned Jenn had lived a very troubled life for quite some time. She also found a great deal of support from her fellow Hystersisters and often told her sister of the love and support she felt from us.

You are welcome to PM me if you'd like to. I'm planning on contacting Jenn's sister to see if there is an organization that people can give rememberances to.

Please join me in praying for peace and strength for Jenn's family in this very difficult time.

kp
Unread 04-07-2008, 08:08 PM

Hey girls:

Glad to hear most of you are doing so well and gearing up or already back to work.

Irishcharm1: Sorry to hear you had such a rough time of it.

I finished the antibiotics for the urinary tract infection yesterday. I've been battling some pain on my left side since 4/2. Unfortunately, my doctor is out of the office until Wednesday, so I'll have to wait to talk with her. I'm beginning to wonder if the pain is due to ovulation. Prior to surgery, every couple of months, I'd have pain on my left side during ovulation. My concern now is that the pain is lasting longer than the several days I remember.

I'm continuing to battle the depression. I slept 15 hours last night, and probably would have slept longer if I didn't force myself to get up. I'm planning to see my counselor tomorrow, so maybe that will help.

s,
Unread 04-08-2008, 02:50 AM
Jenn

Zephyr45, thank you for letting us know the sad news about Jenn. We share so much intimacy on this site, it is awful to think one of us has gone in such a way. Even though we have all never met, someone going missing feels like losing a friend.

Unread 04-08-2008, 09:23 AM

Oh, I have been so worried about Jenn. I had a very bad feeling about it, and this news is very hard to hear. Thanks for letting us know. I will keep her family in my prayers.
Unread 04-08-2008, 09:23 AM

Hi everyone

Ive managed my first 2 days back at work ok. Felt really odd and so I work to manage the pushes and pulls of my new energy with the need to hold back and listen to my body. First day back i cooked a nice healthy tea, sat to read and fell asleep at the table reading at 7.30pm LOL funny eh. Really bloaty tummy at days end and need to get horizontal and let all that distention settle down .... can be noisy at times!!! hehehehe

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register