Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 - Page 58 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Unread 04-11-2008, 11:04 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

DNK Oh dear, I am SO embarrassed. Have I got it wrong how you abbreviate your children on here? I write DD5 for my five year old daughter, DD17 for my seventeen year old daughter and DD20 for my son. Does this mean you might have believed I had seventeen daughters and twenty sons?????!!!!! God grief, I can hardly deal with the stress of the three that I have. Yes, I am studying an Open University course, but please don't be under any illusions. Living temporarily in the middle east, I am lucky enough to be able to have a maid to clean my endless marble floors and three bathrooms(!) AND do the dreaded 'I' word...yes, Hanna does my ironing, which I think is the worst thing of all when you have pelvic problems and have to stand around for hours on end.

So, I for one, am gutted to have to shatter your wonderful illusions (I rather enjoyed the misdirected glory whilst it lasted) but the only thing I can claim to have achieved is almost staying sane in the midst of my son's mental health/drugs/drink problems, which I have a feeling may be slowing my physical return to health. I don't appear to be healing very fast, compared to many others on here.

Anyway, ladies, I'm off to read the rest of the posts. Lovely to hear from you all. You keep me sane (well, as I said, ALMOST...lol).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2008, 11:23 AM

OK, I give up. What is MOJO?

DNK that made me laugh, hubby saying he'd be happy with a cuddle and hands on your boobs. Mine said the same and I said he'd be lucky. Even getting excited (can I say this on here?) is bad for me - I think even the extra blood flow starts the pain off. I so can't WAIT to get back to normal (I don't think he can either...lol).

Yes, I agree with everyone. Ladies on here need someone to listen - I shed some tears the other night and told hubby for the first time that I was fed up with the pain. It has been the same for over fourteen months, every day, and I just wanted it to go away. But he could only say 'it'll get better soon, don't worry. Just stop worrying' which, know he meant well, but it just didn't help. He CAN'T understand what the pain is like whereas I know that all you girls do. It is something you just can't describe to a man. We can't blame ourselves that we couldn't help Jenn - if her friends and family in RL couldn't, then we hadn't a hope really. But, if we can make others feel just a little bit better every now and again, it'll be worth the effort. It is a big thing we have all gone through. I too wish I had found this forum before I had my op. I had absolutely no idea what to expect and was pretty freaked out at the pain after I had left the hospital. There was so much they hadn't told me or explained.

Anyway, I am having a rest now on DD17's laptop (mine is still critically ill with the man who is hoping to save it with a heart op (new hard drive)).

Take care ladies and accept all the help you are offered! We may never get the opportunity again!! lol
Unread 04-11-2008, 04:14 PM

Dear Nei Taean & DNK

How lovely to hear real English being spoken. I moved to Canada seven years ago and have struggled with translation, I understood all that you said even higgery pockery!!!

We visited Kiribati - Fanning Island in 2003 onboard the Norwegian Star, I can understand your longing to get back it was the closest we have ever found to Paradise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2008, 04:42 PM

Dear Snowwhite -
Wow - you've been to Kiribati! Every once in a while I run into someone who's done the cruise there and actually heard of this place! But not too often. I live on Tarawa - more than 2000 miles from Tabueran or Fanning Island, as you were introduced to it. But life is the same - simple, poor, untouched. Beautiful - yet rough. Oh, I'm getting homesick just thinking about it.

I plan to go back in early December, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to or not. My surgery has set me back a bit on my work - so we'll just have to see. I hope this doesn't delay it - that might just be the worst of this surgery - if that's what happens.

I can't complain - my recovery has gone very smoothly - and I am feeling well. Oh there are times when my body reminds me that I've just had surgery - but mostly I feel pretty good and am back to almost normal schedule - allowing myself the naps and rest that I might otherwise say I'm too busy for.

Nei Taean - it's my name in the I-Kiribati language - Diane
Unread 04-11-2008, 04:53 PM

Hi Diane

My real name is Christine. I had my op the day before you and too still feel very achey.

I was intrigued looking back over the posts that you talked about your work, are you a missionary in Kiribati? I would love to hear more if you are.

My DH and I are pastors and got talking to a native guy who called us about a year later wanting help settling in Seattle, unfortunately we are way north of there over the border and couldn't help.
Unread 04-11-2008, 05:33 PM

Hi Girls,

Just completed my first week back at work and I can say that it was'nt too bad at all. I do have very sore muscles and swelling from walking up and down the stairs several times daily to get to our central copier at work. But I think that also helped me to get some semblance of muscle tone back. Also I think my nerves are continually waking up and repairing as I now feel more sore areas just under the skin between the belly button and scar area. I guess that's good progress, so not too worried at all.

On a side note, have'nt been partaking in any "jiggery pockery" just yet, I'm going to give it another week or two, as I feel somewhat swollen inside still. I'm trying to be patient, but its very difficult. I'll just have to settle with spooning I suppose. I always thought MOJO and jiggery pockery were somewhat related?????? Now I'm confused. What's the proper down under term for do it yourself jiggery (without the pockery) ?

Kind thoughts and good healing to all,
Unread 04-12-2008, 05:44 AM

So now I have completed my first week at work I have spent all day dismantling my 'nest' and spreading myself out around the whole flat. Got all my washing up to date and ... wait for it .... vaccumed and washed floors. First time since the op and its so funny to think i had a cleaner in LOL. First time ever! I even had a friend over for a meal and feel genuinely tired now. Yes, a work out, I sooo need to get back into that with avengance and deliberately get ahead. After my check up tues Ill be booking a personal trainer and starting with treadmills and crosstrainers, work my way up from that. PLUS of course as many walks in the sun as I can. We have had such a lovely long summer this year.

I read my discharge summary more carefully today. I had a 16wk fybroid in my uterus. Well actually there were 7 of them apparently. Ewww, yeah better out than in eh!
Unread 04-12-2008, 08:47 PM

Hi everyone (G'day)

Sorry I didn't chat yesterday, but was absolutley stuffed (washed out, buggered, tired) by the afternoon, a girlfriend decided to take me retail shopping 3rd day in a row and not only is my body complaining but so is my pocket.

The Dr said to return to normal life, so on Friday I decided I would vacuam the floors (floating timber) didn't seem to be a problem (took it slowly), left the carpeted bedrooms to DH. Also gently cleaned down the shower recess whilst I was having a shower, well I paid for it and have been achey ever since.

Definately wasn't the retail shopping that would have caused it LOL!!!

Went for a walk to the newsagency (papershop) with DH and dog this morning and again achey. Bit tired of this but understand that it is my body letting me know it is still healing, so easy does it moving forward. Back to work tomorrow ikes!!!

Onwards You had me LOL - fancy having 17 DD, must be the drugs we were on - by the way MOJO means (Zest for living). I have been draging my tail (Lost energy - feeling drained) since I started back into normal routine. but I find that if I sit down for an 1hr or so then my MOJO comes back.

Snowwhite586 What is Spooning??? I guess you were talking about masterbation!!! When guys do that we would say they are having a WANK - not sure what the slang is for us GIRLS - girlfriends may start to worry if I ask.

Sisterkris - you seem to be doing so well, I only hope that when I return to work tomorrow that I will not be stuffed and loose my MOJO. what a giggle.

Seriously though, DH and I had a look on youtube this morning at a vaginal hysterectomy and WOW no wonder we are still tender at times. DH has a new compassion for what we have gone through - it was very graphic and turned my tummy a bit but was an eye opener.

I think DH will now not complain if the Jiggery Pokery is not for a while LOL!!!

Nei Taean It is really interesting looking at our cybernames names and wondering why we all chose them.

Me - well DNK was picked out of pure frustration as my cybername wasn't excepted on this site.

DNK (d=dave DH - N = and - K = kerry = DNK) bit boring but it is part of another cybername that we use and I was too tired to be inventive.

my usual cybername is

KIDJAKAJ55 - now how to explain this one - Here goes

(Kidja = joker - as in 'I Kid ya not' - KAJ = Kerry Anne Jones - 55 the year I was born = KIDJAKAJ55)

So girls tell all.

Going over to my son Craig's for dinner with the family to celebrate his 32nd birthday. No doubt we will also be finding out what they have in mind for their engagement party - more money - oh well back to work I go.

See ya!!!

Kezza
Unread 04-12-2008, 09:05 PM

Hey girls:

Haven't posted in a day or so. Been thinking about all of you though.

Yesterday (Friday) was six weeks post-op. My jewelry business partner and I drove an hour away to a bead show. We were on our feet for about four hours. I'm happy to say that the only body part hurting when we were done was my feet. It probably helped that I took a Motrin before we left. I get so pumped up when I go to these things. I feel as though I'm in a race for time. There are so many different vendors that there isn't enough time to visit every booth. I did come home with some beautiful natural stone beads, watch faces and some gorgeous real leaves that are plated in gold and copper. Our big jewelry show is the end of April, so I'm frantically creating as much inventory as I can.

I got on the eliptical trainer for the first time today. I was starting to feel some discomfort in my abdomin after 15 minutes, but I made it the full programmed 20 minutes. I think it was Teri that was talking about being soft and squishy. That's me -- the Pillsbury Doughgirl.

DNK: Spooning is when a man and women lie on their sides in the fetal position, woman in front, man behind her. The woman's rear end tucks into the man's lap. It's more snuggling and being close than sexual.
Lisa: Congratulations on your first week back at work. Glad it went well.

Have my six week post-op on Monday. Will let you know how it goes.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

s,
Unread 04-12-2008, 10:08 PM

Well I recon I feel blessed to be able to have this site to fall back on. I recon there needs to be a site for all other ailments that could drive people slightly bonkers, a place where they can feel slightly sane.

Thanks Kezz, just cruise mode. I caught myself jogging to get a door someone was holding open for me, guess our bodies are automatically gonna let us do stuff when it feels ready but it took me by surprise. Was only a wee jog ... but um, ive still got a fear of falling over and how that would impact me so still feel somewhat 'delicate'. Dam, cant get anyone to mow my lawns and I am sooo not doing THEM till i can. OK ciao 4 now ladies .... sunny here in NZ today, birds singing, and yea back to work on the morrow! Eeeeeasy does it eh!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register