Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 - Page 60 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Unread 04-14-2008, 06:11 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Good one OceanLuv,

Boy o Boy do I get the maxi pad letter. I should have bought stock futures in the stuff when I was 15, I would have been a very RICH princess now. I wiegh about 105 pounds soaking wet, so my friends and DH teased me about how many Lbs of paper products I consumed per month compared to my body weight. I plan to donate the leftover feminine hygiene cupboard to the local womans shelter, approx. 4 months worth of paper products for a normal woman. I also should have bought stock in pain killers. I think certain drug companies may feel the loss of my business starting imediately. I just realized the other day that I have not taken a strong pain killer in a few weeks now which for me is almost unbeleivable. My pains lately have been just healing nusiance pains so I completely forgot all about the pills the last few weeks. What a new experience!!!

I could almost cry actually. If the next month or so stays the same or improves, I think I will be forced to have a party.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2008, 06:14 PM

Onwards, my empathy for those pain in the rear BM's. Nothing is worse I know.
Unread 04-14-2008, 08:36 PM

Hi Everyone

Well day 2 at work, Feel great in the mornings but by about lunch time I am pooped.

Went to the DR about the lump in the breast yesterday and he is pretty sure it is just congested breast tissue but I am having a mammogram and ultrasound on Monday to make sure. Maybe the HRT is causing the problems. Boy - men just don't know how lucky they are!!!

Also spoke to him about me getting cold shivers and feeling really cold by the afternoon, he said that this is because I am overdoing it and my body is starting to complain, he said it starts to go into shock.

Wonderful what next, so am hitting the road Jack in about
1 hr and going home to rest.

He also said that the full recovery from a major op like this is around 6 mths and to not expect too much too soon.

So how is everyone else feeling???

And as to that Pad add, If men had to have periods we would never get anything done cause they would be curled up on the lounge whingeing- it is sooo nice not to have to worry about that isle anymore.

Take care everyone and REST!!!

Luv ya
Kezza
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2008, 12:01 AM

LOVE the letter Oceanluv5. Respect to that lady!

Yesterday I had a really great day and only had to lie down a couple of times. It was wonderful. I was in the supermarket and said to my daughter 'At this present moment, I am actually in NO pain.'

Spoke too soon! My rectum/bowel was pretty uncomfortable last night and this morning I woke and it hurts. I don't know what that's all about but it's so disappointing after such a good day yesterday. I thought "yeh, I'm on the mend at last!'.

I keep thinking maybe I should go for an eight week check up out here, as I can't have a check up with my own consultant as he is 3000 miles away. However, I am so reluctant. Only yesterday a friend told me of a friend who had a gynae op here and a few weeks later she was in agony. When they scanned her, they discovered they had left a swab inside her. She had a horrendous infection.

I still get a bit of yellowy beige discharge so wonder if there might be an infection. I don't know. I'm thinking aloud. Sorry!

Anyway, have decided I'm going to have to have a very quiet day today. I'll try and finish my essay and then might have a nap as was asleep about 1.30am and awake at 6am.

Have a good day ladies. Nice to hear how you are all getting on with your lives. How you manage to work I'll never know!
Unread 04-15-2008, 10:51 AM

Hello Everyone, Just checking in. I am so glad everyone is starting to feel better. Onward, take it easy today. I find I need to do that too, a big day and then a quiet day. Everything with me is good. I have been working out since last Tuesday and I am starting to feel my stamina improve.

Today, I just plan to hang out, take some pictures and maybe scrapbook. My self reward for getting the taxes done and in the mail
Unread 04-15-2008, 12:48 PM

Onwards: You may want to have that discharge looked at by a doctor. I had my six-week post-op yesterday, and my doctor gave me a prescription for some vaginal gel due to my yellowish discharge. I'm sorry you are having such a rough time with the rectal pain. That can't be any fun at all.

s to you,
Unread 04-15-2008, 01:08 PM

Karen that is soooo funny!

Yep me too, at 7 weeks went for my check up. Still on about 6 pandol / codine a day by the way but all good and free to get into all exercise slowly. I keep measuring my swelly belly which has gone down another and Im increasing walking etc. Yep, still feel kind of achy at times, tummy feels hard in places and still heaps of room for healing but doc says wont be any damage now i should be all knitted up. Hes "happy with that" is what he kept saying so here i am, on the other side of the op. I shall be curious to be me in a years time and see how it all looks then and how i feel in my body. I DO already have amazingly more energy. My poor blood flow must have been seriously inhibited by my drastic lack of hoemaglobin. I took cards and cookies (home baked, yayy) into both the surgery and ward where i was. Im all done! Im not going anywhere, but once again ... what would i have done without you guys. I have so appreciated you listening to me rattle on and also have so appreciated being able to share in your journeys. Thanks for helping me feel like i belong somewhere at this really strange, scarey, interesting time.
Unread 04-15-2008, 08:51 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am sitting at my desk having lunch, and thought I would check in.

Went to the Family Dr this morning in between meetings with clients as again yesterday I couldn't get warm and had to leave work early and go home and have a shower to warm up. Stupid Body!!!

Anyway he thinks that the breast lump maybe inflamed and this would be causing the low grade infection symptions.

So back onto Keflex anitbiotics. Have booked in for the mammagram on Monday.

Onwards - you poor thing, we had similair ops and although I do ache if I do too much (like on the weekend - thought I was superwoman) most of the aching has gone - yippee!!

So yes get it checked out - better to be safe and the Dr can't do too much harm now.

Sisterkris - you don't rattle on we all do!!! It keeps us sane and it is so good to know that we are recovering but still not back to normal as I keep thinking but when I read your posts and hear that you are still taking meds and still ache I think good stuff, I am normal!!!

Way out West - You Scrapbook yeh!!! so do I - well that is when I get the time. Have just moved house and there is a very large shed that is fully insulated and has lights - was used as an office by previous owener - so I am sharing it with DH - my side is for Scrapbooking and his side he is doing up as a bar area (alcoholic that he is) as it leads onto our outdoor entertainment area.

Okay girls must go - bosses are approaching fast.

Speak to you soon.

Luv Kezza
Unread 04-15-2008, 09:20 PM

Dear Busycaper,

Your question about HRT - our surgeries were nearly the same. Only I kept part of my cervix.

Yet my doctor never put me on hormones - and I've had no problems whatsoever. NO HOT FLASHES!!! I kept waiting for it to happen. When I asked my doctor, he said that if I don't need 'em, then he's not giving 'em to me! Just be sure to be faithful with the Calcium. I wish the same for you.

Have you just started on Estrogen or were you taking it before? Did you find that you needed it and then went on it or did your doctor just go ahead and give it to you anyway? Questions to be asked.

Plus, to just go cold turkey might not be good. Did your doctor recommend that you wean yourself slowly from them or what???

Diane
Unread 04-16-2008, 01:06 AM

Hi ladies, good to hear from you all.
Oceanluv5, I think I might have to make appt here, much as I'm reluctant. These people have had nothing to do with my surgery, obviously, but I could have a test to ensure no infection. The discharge is tiny - sometimes nothing, sometimes a few spots on my panty liner. Does anyone else get that at this stage? Is it normal?

More tears last night. What's the matter with me? I didn't even have my ovaries taken. Perhaps they did and forgot to tell me!! lol

Have a happy day girls.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register