Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 - Page 61 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Unread 04-16-2008, 04:57 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Went to dentist today to see hygenist. She spotted a couple of areas i hadnt reached and asked me in a demeaning way "what happened here?" I told her i did not wish to be spoken to like a naughty child and if she could just give me the information i would do and do, do my best. She apologised. The point im getting to is that Im sensitive to how my emotions work, prior to surgery and now and Ive decided Im perfectly functional. Thats its ok for a grown up woman to politely and assertively express what is ok and not. Actually i felt good about it and i fancy im getting better. In fact i feel even more emotionally competent post surgery. Anyone relate to that>>??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2008, 07:53 AM

DNK: Yes I scapbook, but I do it all digitally so my "scrapbook" room is my external hard drive Do you post any of your pages online? If you want to check out some of my Layouts here is a link to my gallery http://www.designerdigitals.com/ddga...500&ppuser=289

Have a great day everyone!
Unread 04-16-2008, 08:40 AM

sisterkris -

can't say whether I'm more emotionally competent now, but I am certainly seeing I'm quicker to get fed up with bad behavior from others instead of just accepting it!

had a similar experience at my allergist's office last week with Snarky Office Manager. Not the first by any means, but this time I said I don't need to be treated this way and just asked for my records to go on the spot.

The doctor called me on my cell as I left the parking lot to apologize profusely - turns out Ms Snarky is her mother-in-law. So for years now she's really been hoping that some patient would just have the nerve to complain, since she can't reprimand the woman without cause.

Anyway, if sticking up for ourselves - and good behavior - is just hormones at play, maybe not all bad!!

(now, if I could just get past the insomnia and hot flashes, I'd be totally happy ain this avenging menopausal state)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-16-2008, 09:04 AM

Hi Diane:
Thanks for your reply. I started taking the estrogen when I left the hospital after surgery. I'm 43 and he told me I really needed to take it to protect my bones and heart later. I'm just going to give it about a week and see what happens. He's not taking me off of it completely I don't believe. I think he just wants me to see if the headaches go away while not taking it and then go from there. His nurse told me he will probably adjust the dosage. I'm really prone to headaches anyway, but they have just gotten worse since surgery. One a week is definitely not normal for me. I would always get a really bad one the day before my period started. So I do figure it's hormone related somehow. I had a few hot flashes right after surgery so I hope being off of the estrogen for a while doesn't trigger them.

Have a great day!

Dee
Unread 04-16-2008, 12:48 PM

busycaper, you so reminded me of the horrible headaches I would get the day before a period!

You are a similar age to me (I'm 42) but the surgeon left my ovaries in the hope that all will be well regardless. I didn't want a menopause yet. (I HATE to admit this, but apart from all the other problems with calcium and hot flushes and stuff, I do worry about ageing more quickly than I would otherwise - anyone else relate to this, or is it just be being incredibly vain??). However, the pain since my op is just as it was before, and I have been taking my temperature to see when I ovulate to gauge at what times of the month it gets worse. It is a bit suspicious thus far. So, I may end up having to go back in for more surgery sometime and join the ranks of the ovary-free brigade...!
Unread 04-16-2008, 06:23 PM

Hi everyone,

Am working from home today, so that I can rest when needed, hoever I do feel a lot better since started on the anitbiotics.

Onwards - Your hormones are probably all upside down which would be due to the op and may take some time to adjust. It may be a good idea to have a blood test to see what your levels are. Nothing worse then being hormonal.

I have been very lucky there and even though I am on Climara 50mg I have had no symptons except for the lump in the boob and actually feel really good.

You may also be perimenopausal which ofeten kicks in about 5 years before you go into menopause. Fun eh!!

Way out West - Haven't tried digital scrapbooling yet, but am very interested, want to do a digital photograhpy course this year and then also a Photoshop pro course, love taking photo's.

My scrapbooking is a bit hit and miss, it seems that everytime I get started with it something happens to drag me away. but I have promised myself that this is my year, so wish me luck.

Sisterkris - I agree - you know I don't think that we have actually changed it is just that we feel well and as such have gained our old selves back.

It is nice to be in control again and to feel like talking and laughing and cracking a joke - and YES putting someone in there place - good for you.

Well must go have work to do - still a bit achey now and again and haven't been up close and personal yet - DH is counting down the days but I must admit has been a real gem. Is this the man I married - the young Dave would have been pulling his hair out - thank god for ageing.

It has given us a new understanding of each other and I he has suprised me with his understanding and compassion.

Speak to you all later.

cheers

Kezza
Unread 04-16-2008, 06:41 PM

Hi Onwards,

I had LAVH and BSO on 2/27 and i still have very slight pale yellowish discharge. I think that's normal. There is no odor. There's still healing going on.

I feel back to normal and for those of you who don't I hope you will very soon. I keep expecting to go to the bathroom one day and see blood, then realize I won't. I can hardly accept that those miserable days are over.
Unread 04-16-2008, 08:16 PM

Hi girls:

Sorry I haven't been posting much, but I seem to be back into my normal routine. Although I read all your posts, I don't always take the time to respond or post myself. Therefore, . . .

For those of you battling with headaches pre or post op, I can certainly relate. Fortunately, I haven't had any severe headaches since the surgery. I used to get debilitating ones during my periods. The only headaches I experience now are due to not having caffeine.

Today I did some shopping and had lunch with a friend. We met at 2:30 p.m. and blabbed until 5:00 p.m. when my DH called and "broke the spell." I don't know about the rest of you, but I can get so into conversations that I completely lose track of the time. The dining room we were in was completely vacant when we left, and the staff was preparing for the dinner rush. Amazing!!

Although I did very little today, I'm absolutely exhausted. My doctor told me I could start exercising again, but I haven't had the energy since she gave me the O.K. I'm thinking I should probably do it in the morning, as by evening I'm completely wiped out.

I took my first post-op bath last night and it was heavenly. Although my doctor told me I could take one two weeks post-op, I wanted to wait and be sure everything was healed.

Well, off for another heavenly bath.

s,
Unread 04-17-2008, 01:11 AM

Crikey! I started baths four days after my op as the info I was given said I could, provided I didn't use bubble bath initially...
Unread 04-17-2008, 03:58 AM

Nothing much to report from me. Tomorrow will mark 2 full wks back at work. people and me have been amazed at my just getting back into it. I have seen the improvement daily but still i last the distance. I tend to get headaches when testing how long i can go without panadol. I recon its not just the tummy that gets sore but an all over body ache that might materialise in the brain lol ... had one today and figured, aaah well, time for a coupla painkillers. Even the pain is different now and can tell im well on my way. Right enough chit chat, off to beddy-bies.... ciao ladies!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register