Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 - Page 62 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Unread 04-17-2008, 06:35 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Tomorrow will be two weeks back at work for me also also. I feel lots of improvement daily in stamina and general healing but the stuborn swelly belly still persists. Its sort of like a tired'O'meter, by the end of the day my belly and brain have both had enough and the first thing I do when I get home is lay down for an hour with a book or home reno show. Thats the only frustrating part for me right now, I'm very impatient to wear regular clothes again. Thats when I'll feel "normal" again, when I can get my jeans and snugger fitting clothing on again. Seems like a silly pointless benchmark to have, but hey I'm a girl, I just cant help it.

Thats my rant for the day. I want my jeans !!!

Good healing to all,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2008, 07:21 AM

Hi Lisa,
I hear you about the jeans objective! I finally put them on the day after my 6 week checkup just to see if I could get them on. I could but could only stand it for an hour. I promptly went out and bought two nice spring dresses on sale at Winners for getting back to work this week. I'm going to do the jeans experiment again this weekend - of course it's finally spring here in Southern Ontario so I hope to be trying on shorts soon
I find that walking outside every evening helps with getting past the energy slump and also improves my night time sleep.
Unread 04-18-2008, 07:29 AM

In general I think I've healed from the abdominal surgery very well. However, something in the anesthesia caused me to itch like crazy. 4 weeks post-op I was sent to the dermatolgist and put on a short course of steriods. Finished that last Wednesday. He also gave me little white pills to help with the itching to take as needed.

At the same time, I started Prempro. Started with the very lowest dosage, that didn't keep the hot flashes at bay so we increased the dosage the next week. Last week at my 6 week appointment my blood pressure was 180/90. I don't know if it was because the day started with my husband telling me my hot flashed were in my head (he's a pharmacist and should know better!) or because I'd spent several tense hours with my mother (that's another story for another time) or because I'd rushed to the doctor's office battling winds blowing hard enough to blow my vehicle off the road. Anyway, after much commotion at the dr's , they made an appointment for me to see my reg. MD. And we increased the dosage of the Prempro again. At home that night my husband tells me that maybe I have "white coat phobia" and that's why my pressure was up! UUUUUGGGhhhhh!!! Actually my gyn wears a blue coat!

Next day (Fri) my reg doctor puts me on a blood pressure med. My pressure was down from the 180/90 but still high.
By Sunday, my chest and neck are covered in hives and you guessed it .... I'm itching again! Took my little itch pills that I had left over. Toughed it out until yesterday. Called the reg dr. Explained it to her, she asked me to come in as soon as possible. My shop is 40 minuted away from the drs. Arranged for someone to watch my shop and off I go.

Get right in to see her, pressure is 137/79 which is better but still higher than it should be. show her the rash, she prescribes another round of steriods and changes my blood pressure meds.

I've been more tired this week than I have since my first week home. I don't have any pain but this itching is about to drive me crazy!!

thanks ladies for "listening"!
Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-18-2008, 01:25 PM

Hi everyone, I dont think i mentioned that at my post op i asked how the 'cutting through the muscles' thing work. Interested? You guys might know ... however, he drew me a picture and explained that all stomach muscles 'down there' run vertically. The idea was to cut under the muscle line (hair line) and then they part the muscles and clamp them open to get into do the op. This makes sense! because if i have any residual discomfort its been that bit down the centre of my swelly belly, yep still welly but continues to subside slowly. Hope this was useful, i found it was and has given me good info to help me work with a personal trainer ... soon!
Unread 04-18-2008, 04:58 PM

Sisterkris - yes that was useful I did not know that about the muscles being parted vertically even though the incision is horizontal. It explains the aching that also runs vertically, I kept thinking that was just a nerve thing, now I know. Thanks.

SLMD (Sandra) - let us know how your next jeans wearing adventure goes! You can be the test bunny,
Unread 04-18-2008, 10:28 PM
7 Weeks Post-Op

Hi girls:

I've been battling severe fatigue and bloating all week. I just figured out that I would have started my period tomorrow. I sure hope I don't have to contend with these symptoms every month. If so, I may consider more surgery to remove my ovaries.

My DS20 is an M.P. in the Marines, and he's been in Iraq since last September. I just got the final confirmation that he will be returning to his base in So. California this Sunday. Since DH has to work, my mom and I are making the 8 hour drive down next Tuesday to take him his vehicle and spend some time with him. This will also be a great opportunity for mother/daughter time, something we don't have a lot of. I am soooo excited to see him, and soooo grateful he'll be returning safe and sound. We'll spend Tuesday night in a motel on base and fly back Wednesday evening. As much as I'd like to spend more time with him, 20 year old young men returning to the states after being gone seven months really don't want to hang out with mom and grandma. They want to drive around and meet girls. It's OK, I understand. I was 20 once, even if it was quite a while ago. Anyway, he'll be driving home on May 3 for a 21 day leave, so we'll have more time to catch up. He's anxiously awaiting some of my home-cooked meals. I can't wait!!!! I sure miss him.

Hope you are all doing well. Enjoy your weekend.

s,
Unread 04-19-2008, 03:35 PM

Hi girls:

Please forgive me in advance if this is However, I asked you to share your experiences, so I feel obliged to share my own.

DH and I just had our first sexual experience since the surgery. It was rather uncomfortable for me due to what we believe is complete lack of lubrication. Although we used lubrication, my vaginal canal felt like rubber. It reminded me of one of those rubber fingers you wear to separate pieces of paper. Also, there was some slight burning. Afterwards, I saw a small amount of blood, and now I'm sore. I'm happy to report, though, that the BIG "O" was just as powerful as it was pre-op.

I'll probably contact my doctor and ask for her input. In addition, I believe I'll post this message to the Hyster Sisters community and see if anyone else has had a similar experience.

Hope you are all well.

s,
Unread 04-19-2008, 05:41 PM

Hi Karen, (sorry your're feeling worn out lately)

I have'nt tried intercourse yet (i'm still very apprehensive about interior swelling), but I'm sorry to hear you had any kind of discomfort, but also glad to hear that it paid off in the end?!!! It's not TMI for me, I am really interested in other girls experience and how this paritcular subject develops. I can only speak for myself, but this is just such an important part of the human experience, that I'm very willing to do whatever it takes to make my first try "back in the groove" a good, mutualy beneficial one. that's why I've been waiting as long as I have. (not so patiently, addmitedly) I feel like I'm ready now, but at the same time so nervous and anxious I could almost explode!!!! DH very sexual, but at the same time, soooooo patient, almost to a fault, so I feel enormous pressure not to dissapoint, which is so silly, I know.

I feel like an insecure kid again, which is very frustrating indeed for a 40 year old woman . I promise to relate my story when it gets that far, and very happy to hear from my sisters on this subject. Good, bad or indifferent, I think it helps to keep the perspective, for sure! I realize how personal this subject is for everyone and I've chosen to have no expextation that it will feel the same as before, in fact, that was a big delay in my descision to have the surgery. I know the risk, and am somewhat confident now that my girl parts feel pretty close to OK at this point. I'm on the wait and see plan as always......
Unread 04-19-2008, 07:09 PM

Alright Girls

TMI is just what we all need as I am also very apprehensive about getting up close and personal, myDH has also been an absolute gem but is getting a bit fidgety, so Gyno said 8 weeks seeing stitches were still in at the 6 week check up.

that is up this week, so I to be fair I will probably indulge next weekend. OMG, I also feel like a teenager having her first one. but even more so, very anxious that we don't become too clinical when we do do it, you know - is that okay for you!! What a turn off!!.

Not sure how to approach all of this but I think a glass of wine and lots of lube will do the trick.

Will be glad when it is over, isn't that awefull.

so girls it is really fab that you are all talking about it and I will also let you know how I go. Crickey's!!!

Now I am also finding that I tire as the day goes on, my Mojo just hits empty about 2.00pm and I have found that some days I end up being really chilled and have had to have a shower to warm up.

The weather is cooler now down under around 17 deg celcius each day but not cold enought to feel like I have been feeling.

It is like once I get tired the body heat function is just cutting out leaving me frozen.

I also have the Mammogram to look forward to tomorrow. Uuuuuggghh!!! Ouch!!

We have friends staying with us at the moment from Cairns and Margie is about to have a lumpectomy next week, when she had her mammogram last week it showed a lump and the test results were not good, I hope mine are better.

Wish me luck.

Will let you all know how it goes.

Also as for the JEANS, my swelly belly is still there but I can fit into some of my jeans hooooraay!!!

Must go about to go and get some veggies.

Take care

Kezza
Unread 04-20-2008, 01:45 AM

I too am very grateful for the information. I only got as far as a bit of fore play the other day and felt sickly on arousal. A bit of a turn off that time but maybe next time ...BF visits occassionally and has been supportive. I admit to being very upset at getting my bits to work again. Today is first day panadol free, i recon im feeling some withdrawals i.e. funny head but confident Ill get over that. i tryed on last winters skirt and was a bit loose. Good eh. Sleep is a bit odd ie wake up 3/4am and then give in and get up just to feel like going back to sleep again. Oh well, it has to get better. Am totally amused with the hot flushes, jersey on and off and on again. My girlfriend watched my face the other day. It went red and she said are you having a flush, i said no ... then it flooded me, and left as quickly. So interesting others can see it coming. I practiced some pelvic tilts and mini crunches before getting this morning just to see what the muscles did. Yeah, feel it but i reacon i can build up slowly. Shall do 10 each way each day this week and due back at the gym so shall just concentrate on walking, biking, cross trainer ... oooo why do i feel so nervous!!??? My worst fear was loosing confidence. Works ok, sex is nerve racking, i can walk up hills with better breath, and feel wobbly getting back to gym. I loved step class so that will be my test and the weight machines of course. Right thats my bleat!! thanks girls xx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register