Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 - Page 63 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Unread 04-20-2008, 07:42 PM
After the lovin'

Well, alright then ladies,
DH and I FINALLY did the deed this weekend. How shall we say this.... he's a big boy and we had absolutely no problems. Just made sure that I got to be the one in control of it all. Now, mind you, I had a laproscopic removal of my uterus so the only 'thing' done to/in my vagina was a probe to manipulate the cervix in order to better remove the uterus. According to my gyn. the cervix helps with lubrication so I'm glad I still have mine, but there's no reason not to use a little KY jelly if 'things' are feeling a bit dry.

The issue that we are having is that starting at about age 40 (I'm 45 now) my libido crashed. I have no problems with the Big-Ohhh-Ohhh-Ooooooh, but the urge just never strikes me on its own. Thought maybe once I got over the anemia and was rid of my fibroids that maybe my libido would creep back up - especially as my 30's were a goldmine in that department, but no such luck so far.

Anybody else experience a drastic decline in the desire department?

Hope you've all had a lovely weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2008, 08:03 PM
Helpin' the lovin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr45
there's no reason not to use a little KY jelly if 'things' are feeling a bit dry.
Hi, all:

Friday was 7 weeks post-op for me. I'm feeling absolutely great! Way better than before the surgery, actually.

Yep, we're back to "doin' the deed" as well, and it doesn't HURT a bit. Wow! Because of the fibroids, I'd had pain with intercourse for such a long time and now it's totally gone. I guess we'll be doing this a lot more often now that it isn't painful. Woo hoo!

Also, I can recommend an excellent lubricant called Firefly. It's hypoallergenic. It won't burn, sting or break you out. The website is www.fireflylubricant.com. It's awesome stuff and you won't be sorry you bought it. Your gynecologist will approve, too. Take care and have a great week!
Unread 04-21-2008, 11:30 PM
Follow-up to my sexual experience post

Hi girls:

Got to make this short, as my mom and I are heading out early tomorrow to take my son his vehicle. Yesterday, he arrived in San Diego from Kuwait safe and sound. He actually called me from Kansas to let me know he'd arrived back on U.S. soil. Unfortunately, he just had to tell me that they leave again on August 19, and he'll be much closer to Baghdad than before. Now my stomach is in knots and we haven't even seen him since returning from this tour or duty. So much for staying in today, and taking it a day at a time.

Emailed my doctor about the vaginal dryness, and she recommended and OTC lubricant like Replens or said I could try an estrogen cream. I opted for the Replens, so DH and I will put it to the test tonight. I'll let you know how it goes.

Hope everyone is well.

s,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2008, 12:17 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Oceanluv5, good luck with your son - great that he is back safe and sound. Have a lovely time.

Thyme4me I hope things settle down for you soon. You have been through a rough time and deserve a break.

I am happy to report that my pain has been less the last couple of days. I had a busy day yesterday and I thought I was going to die of exhaustion by the time I got my five year old daughter into bed. I just fell into mine at 8.30pm, having got nothing ready for the next day (unheard of!). But the pain today is not so much inside as an aching body.

My sister is staying and wants to do all sorts, so I am going to have to be strong and tell her when i know something is going to be too much. It is hard because she wants to make the most of her holiday, which I understand, but yesterday nearly killed me! lol

On the intimate front, it seems that once a month after what I think is ovulation, my hormones get rampant and I can't even sleep if I don't have an orgasm. I even wake up in the night desperate for another one! It's weird and quite disconcerting as i spend the whole time feeling that if I give in and do something about it, I'll have one straight away. (Which I often do ). They are very powerful and rather nice, I must say (lol), but I still haven't been brave enough to try intercourse yet. I am still worried cos of all that went on in there, and there is a little masochistic part of me that is rather enjoying torturing myself with putting it off (ok girls, anyone else like that, or am I just plain weird??). Yes, I know...poor DH!

Hope you all have a good day. I am waited with baited breath to hear how oceanluv5 gets on with her lubricant. This is turning into a bit of a sex site, isn't it? How reassuring because it is obviously something we are all worried about or relieved about because it has all be ok. Not something you can really share with the neighbours!

Till later.
Unread 04-22-2008, 02:47 AM

"turning into a bit of a sex site", LOL Ocean, i put it down to 'the standard of conversation' and in our recent experience its based on the stage we;re at. Remember when all we could talk about was BM's and pain, meds and laxatives? ... then for me it was Dr Phil and Ophra show, trashy mags ... then it was activities and when is too much, too much ... so NOW, of course ..... 'lets talk about sex baby' hehehehehe, gotta be done! its all about recovery eh girls
Unread 04-22-2008, 02:49 AM

Dam, sorry did it again Onwards, getting my sisters mixed up!! :P
Unread 04-22-2008, 09:19 PM

G'day girlfriends

LOL LOL LOL - you girls have me laughing none stop, not a good thing in the office. Yes SEX is the main thing on our minds and our DH, mine reckons I am in trouble this weekend (meaning he is hoping to score) i guess he probably will at that, actually starting to look forward to it myself, OMG is this really me!!!

Dr has given me a script for Vaginal creme which I will use tonight - it is to help with dryness, so I figure if I use it tonight and then again in a couple of days and of course some sort of LUBE then all might just go well.

did a bit of a check and the stitches are stillin the vaginal cuff, so not sure how that will go - might make for some interesting times, like ribbed condoms LOL TMI

Am planning a romantic night for our first one, just so we really enjoy it - mood music the works

Went for the dreaded MAMMOGRAM on Monday, god it hurt - felt like my boobs were going to burst they were squashed so much, anyway all is okay it was a sizeable cyst that had haemorraged and was slightly infected but otherwise no nasties. Off to the breast surgeon in 2 weeks to have it asperated.

Onwards - you little tart you - go girl, love your style - although I bet your DH is just hanging for the big day - but this is your moment.

Sisterkris - yes your are right, we are WAY past Ophra and Dr Phil now, made me LOL as even downunder that is what I watched each day.

It is just so nice to be finally part of the real world again. Am looking forward to really doing some stuff around athe house this weekend. it is our Anzac weekend so I have 3 days off. Hooray.

So hope to do some gardening, yeh!!, some scrapbooking and just some things that need doing in our new home. Even housework is looking good.

At work I am now so motivated - bit scary - haven't felt like this is a very long time. Still ache when I have done toooo much, but that is okay.

Well girls go have a hot weekend under the doona and let us know how it all goes.

Luv you all heaps

Kezza
Unread 04-23-2008, 06:55 AM

My doctor released me for all "normal" activity at my six week appointment 2 weeks ago. I told my husband this at that point. He didn't pick up on that hint I guess so this past Sunday evening I made a move... he says... "did the doctor say this was ok?" What? you want to call him at 10:00 PM and ask him!!!???? It was kind of funny! Anyway, everything progressed as normal after that and things went well! Men.. they're so funny sometimes!
Unread 04-23-2008, 11:27 AM

"under The Doona"???
Unread 04-23-2008, 02:59 PM
It's a blankie, I think...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nei Taean
"under The Doona"???
Methinks it's a quilt or a "blankie". I checked Wikipedia. LOL!

I'm not just having sex under the blanket anymore. I'm doin' the jiggery pockery under the doona. That just sounds way cooler! Not only did I have a hysterectomy, I am learnin' a whole new vocabulary. You gals are soooo much fun!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register