Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 - Page 65 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Unread 04-25-2008, 08:14 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Hi everyone,

WOW we are all getting better, isn't that just great...
have been in the garden again all morning and where as I was a bit sore yesterday, today was great, NO TUMMY ACHES!!!

Have some Gluten Free bread in the oven baking and once we have lunch DH and I are off to my preggie daughters to pick up a double bed that she is giving us to free up one of her bedrooms so that she can turn it into a nursery. Can't wait for that baby!!!

Can't believe how good I feel and the difference between last week and this week. Unbelieveable!!!

It is so good to feel normal, ACTUALLY to feel motivated and full of that MOJO stuff I keep speaking about.

No jiggery pokery for us until I see the Dr during the week, but hey you never know for next weekend.

DH is taking me out for dinner tonight - can't wait.

Let me know if you girls are suddenly feeling great also.

What a blast!!!

See ya

Kezza
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-26-2008, 11:41 PM

Hi girls, how's everyone today? I do admire all you ladies back at work. I don't know how you do it, without being able to flop every now and again.

I did seven minutes on the treadmill yesterday, walking (lol) - watch out Zola Budd!) - and was in a bit of pain later. Had a rest and felt better. Looks like it's gonna be a while before I can do much of anything.

Those of you using the gym, I was wondering if you are able to lift weights to tone up your arms if you are lying down, or does that still constitute lifting? My sister is staying and keeps trying to get me to do this and that without any thought to the fact I am not supposed to be lifting or overstraining my abdomen. She is suggesting I do these dumbell exercises for my arms standing up, but seems to have completely forgotten I am not supposed to lift things! If I listened to her,I'd be back in hospital by now...!

Well, better go and be sociable. Have a good day girls and take it easy...

Unread 04-27-2008, 04:54 PM

G'day

It is Monday morning and I am about to take off to work, bit cold in Sydney today, Winter is trying to come early (shiver)
YUK!!

Well after all that gardening and stuff, I feel really good, no aching - no pain killers YEH!!!

Of course DH was watching over me all weekend, and made sure I didn't do anything silly, but it was so nice to finally be able to play around in my new garden instead of looking at it.

Just find that since my Dr increased the HRT to 100mg patch I am a bit sookie - not showing it to anyone, just when I am in the shower etc I feel a bit emotional - so have a tear or to over such silly stuff - then walk out as if nothing is bothering me - I am so silly!!

Onwards - you always make me laugh - you should tell that sister of yours to "go take a hike" - just kidding.

But hey we are still healing - although I have found that if I do use the muscles then they initially complain but then seem to have settled down, so maybe some easy stuff might help.

BUT NOT WEIGHT LIFTING!!!

How are those DD's of yours going - my preggie one is a bit cranky of late, but she is the Director of 2 childcare centres and still having morning sickness so I don't blame her.

DH is still being really great - which is a bit scary - but I am starting to love it. Hope he keeps it up.

time to head off to the real world.

bye for now

Kezza
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2008, 12:30 AM

This better be quick as I am desperate for a wee...

Ha ha DNK you make me laugh too. I took my sister to the Bahrain Fort yesterday and it was all climbing and steps. My thighs hurt so much when I got in the car I didn't think I would be able to get out of bed today, but all seems fine, thank goodness. A bit sore inside but nothing dire.

Seem to be very tired at the moment but maybe because my sister talks constantly and I am aware of having to keep someone happy and arrange things etc. It is DH's and my 24th wedding anniversary today so we are going out for a nice meal on our own tonight. DD17 is ok, back in the UK and has rejoined the college course she quit, so that is good. DD5 was a bit poorly the other night with very high temp but has shaken that off quickly. Is a bit unsettled at night, so maybe that's also why I am tired. DS20 is still here with us, slowly improving day by day, and feeling more like part of the family than he has done for a long time.

Went to see Bucket List last night. Great film. Go see it if you haven't already. But take plenty of tissues...!

Have a great day girls.
Unread 04-28-2008, 02:24 PM
Do I dare get my hopes up?

June here again, reporting in.
TAH 2-28-08, bladder nicked during surgery
had to go back in as soon as I was coming out
of anesthesia for bladder repair.

Got through almost 6 wks of recovery, feeling
pretty good, ready to have my life back, then
bladder starting leaking into vagina, had to get
into diapers and on leg catheter (2 1/2 weeks so far,
giving it a full month to HOPEFULLY heal, so I won't
need another surgery )

Needless to say, I was NOT a happy camper the first week I was having to accept the whole thing, but I finally did, and now am feeling hopeful that it has healed, or is healing.

I can't say exactly how I know, I just feel like it is!

I won't know for sure til catheter comes out (Dr. appt on May 7) and I find out if it's healed or not.......
Unread 04-28-2008, 03:18 PM

hikerjune: hope all goes well at your checkup next week! hang in there - you've been through a lot, but hopefully everything is finally healing
Unread 04-28-2008, 03:54 PM

Thanks Marley G.
I decided what the h---, I'll just go ahead and GET my hopes
up, why not, they've been down too long already...

This is the best & most hopeful I've felt for a long time,
and I'm going to enjoy it.
Unread 04-28-2008, 05:55 PM

Hi Girls,

Hikerjune - Hoping all goes smooth with the check up and catheter removal. Sounds like your healing and feeling positive which is always a good sign!!!

I just noticed the other night that I can now sleep on my stomach for a bit and it even feels good to put pressure on the lower tummy. Maybe its just wishfull thinking but it seems like a bit of tummy sleeping is helping somewhat with the swelling reduction??? yayyyy!!!

I went through my closet (again) on the weekend and got rid of yet more clothes I'll never wear again. I dug out some skirts and dresses that will fit over "miss bellylisious" for once it warms up outside.

My Dr. changed my 6 week check up yet again, this is about the 4rth time now. I think if he does it again, there wont be any point...by then I would be 10 - 11 weeks out and the nurse told me he would'nt be doing an internal at all. I dont really have any questions for him, in fact most of my questions have been answered here or online research. I realize I'll just have to be patient with the swelly belly, and that was the only question I had left for him.

On another note, DH and I still have not maybe this weekend when we will have the house all to ourselves. I hope so. I'm ready now. C'mon baby light my fire..... lets go, lets go, lets go......

Cheers to the girls,
Unread 04-28-2008, 06:56 PM

Ladies,

Now that your surgery was over 8 weeks ago, your thread has been moved to our "date club" forum for you to continue your friendships.

Please remember:

1. If you have a question about your recovery, please start a thread in post-op to get support for your particular issue.

2. To visit the pre-op and post-op forum to answer questions for our other members. Give back as you received from others!

Thanks for making HysterSisters the best support website on the internet! You are wonderful!
Unread 04-29-2008, 12:18 AM

OOh looks like we've moved house...

hikerjune so sorry to hear of your bladder problems. That's all you need. I hope when the catheter comes out all is well.

I am having a very stressful time of it at the moment. I won't bore you with it but my pain has returned now and I don't know if it is because it would have been 'that time of the month' and the endo hasn't gone, or that things have got on top of me.

Will post again when things are calmer. Take it easy girls. Hope all are ok.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register