Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 - Page 67 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Unread 05-02-2008, 01:43 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Hi Ladies:
I've been missing the posts so I'm glad some are still posting when you get a chance. I'm doing fairly well if they could just get my hormone levels balanced out. My headaches have been diagnosed as a chronic sinus infection. I'm on antibiotics and that seems to be helping relieve them some. I was getting to where I'd have pain every day and it was really wearing me out. So 3 weeks without the estrogen replacement because he thought that might be actually causing the headaches, and on came the hot flashes. Oh my gosh. I have been waking up soaking wet and then I would be cold. Absolutely miserable. And the moodiness (sp??) has been pretty bad as well. My GP told me if I didn't get back on the ERT, I was going to have a hard time. Since I'm only 43 and my ovaries are gone, it's just going to be necessary for a while for me to take it. He's trying me on the patch as of yesterday. I hope it calms everything down. Before surgery, everyone kept saying "you're going to feel so great when this is over". Well, the past few weeks have been almost been as bad as week 4 or 5 minus the incision pain. I have also been experiencing more fatigue than I was as well. So now I"m looking forward to having that "normal" feeling again like many of the rest of you.

Hope you have a good weekend. Pray for us in Arkansas. We've had terrible storms today and many were killed as a result of tornadoes. One of my son's classmates who he would be graduating with him next week was killed in a car wreck on her way to the last day of school this morning. Such a tragedy.

Hope to hear from more of you soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2008, 01:46 PM
Need to vent....regretting my decision

This is just how I'm feeling today--yesterday I felt
great, but I am wishing I didn't have the surgery,
that I just put up with all the bleeding & discomfort
til I got to menopause. I'm 50, so it couldn't have been
much longer...

At the time, though, I was thoroughly convinced I needed
it. It's just that my bladder was nicked and the repair at the time didn't work, leaking started 5 wks into recovery.
I've been wearing a catheter and a diaper for almost a month and I'm afraid it hasn't healed on its own (still leaking) and that when I see the urologist again next Weds he's gonna say I need another surgery to fix it, and I'm afraid that won't work either.

Just not having a good day so far.....

I just found out I should also be taking Progesterone
with my estrogen, so am gonna try that next, maybe that's why I can't sleep good and want to cry all the time.
Was on .1 Vivelle Dot, but it was too much--
made me feel awful the day after I put the patch on-
very shaky & nauseaus. Now I'm on .075, but just found out I need Progesterone too, so I'm gonna get some cream
after work and try it.

Thank you all for being here for me and letting me get this out--just not feeling hopeful today.

This site has helped me SO much.
Unread 05-02-2008, 04:12 PM

Hi Long time since I posted but have been keping up with everyones' progress. Am feeling very frustrated, my surgeon has left town, new job etc so I was put with another so my six week check was supposed to have been today, guess what it was cancelled, doctor sick!. I kept one ovary but have been having hot flashes sweats etc so had hope to chat to her about it also have had a lot of pain the last few days, was holding it altogether hoping to get some answers but now don't even have an appointment. Does anyone else feel as if the pit of their stomach is going to fall out it aches so much? Just find a little walk and I am pooped. Thanks for leting me vent.

Glad to hear of everyone's progress, we have all come a long way, sorry for those who have had a rough go of it, the best is yet to come.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-02-2008, 06:15 PM

Dear Girls,

My thoughts are with you, I hope they get the hormone doses perfected very soon, for all the ladies still dealing with the trial and error process.

Onwards, - I hope you put your feet up for a few days, just as soon as dear sister has left the building!!! Er, as much as that is possible with a small child of course....

June, - I hope you dont need more surgery, I hope more healing time will do the trick for you, but if you do need more surgery, I hope you can find it in your heart to be positive, after all, you've worked really hard to get this far, right?

Snowwhite, - sorry you're feeling pain and also so worn out, I dont know what all you had done but I hope you press the new Dr for an appt soon and get it sorted out. I can understand the appointment frustration, mine has canceled and re-booked me 4 times now. If I was still having major pain I would probably be pushing a bit harder to get in sooner, but I'm not so for now I keep giving in....
Unread 05-03-2008, 01:57 AM

Snowwhite586, yes I feel as you do. I hardly do anything and I've had it. I still feel the dragging achy sensation in my abdomen and have to go and lie down. Still feel discomfort around the rectum area. It is really getting me down as I thought I would be feeling better by now and having more energy. Fed up with taking painkillers. Most days I try not to, but if I have to get on and do something, I have no choice really.

Am feeling pretty miserable and on the verge of tears at the moment. Took it out on DH yesterday. He had a great afternoon playing tennis, which I used to play and love. He plays a lot and I haven't been able to play for ages cos of pain and then the op. I felt so ignored and left out yesterday that I could barely look at him, which was unfair, but after a tournament he went back on court yet again and played from 1pm until 6pm in all. Just feel fed up with not being able to exercise or do anything fun really. Everyone keeps asking when I will be playing again and I think they think I am lazy or something when i say I don't think it'll be for a while yet. Because they can't see there is anything wrong with me and I smile and make jokes, they can't see the pain I am feeling. If only they knew how much I yearn to be back to normal, but I haven't felt 'normal' for so long, I've nearly forgotten what it is like.

Also, not being able to exercise, I am finding it so hard to keep the weight off and feel flabby and horrible, despite being careful with my diet.

Hikerjune so sorry for all your problems. Makes me feel I am whingeing when things could be so much worse. I hope things are sorted out without further surgery.

Where's that light at the end of the tunnel? Sorry girls, for being a Moaning Minnie today!

Unread 05-03-2008, 10:31 AM

Hi Onwards good to know that I am not alone, I read some of the other replies and think what is wrong with me. I had a TAH on Feb 25th the plan was to remove right ovary because of cysts and leave left because of HRT issues, well the left ruptured during surgery so they cleaned the right and left that instead. I don't know if it has stopped working because of flashes etc and mood swings, I cry at everything. On top of this my son got married three weeks after surgery a very happy time but physically and emotionally draining, we are now empty nesters, (DH is wonderful and still helps a lot) now we have to return to England in six weeks for our daughters wedding and the way I feel at the moment I'm not sure how I will cope with travel etc. Sorry to blab but because the scar can't be seen and time has passed everyone thinks I should be fighting fit again.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Christine
Unread 05-03-2008, 07:53 PM

G'day Sisters

Boy!!!! maybe it is a full moon or the recovery space that we are at, but it sounds like we all had a downer of a week, ME TOO!!

Although a good week compared to a lot of you. You are right in saying that now it is 2 mths on most people outside the family think that you are fully recoverd, but we are not!!!

So chin up girls and be proud and happy at where we are!!!

Me - I did a bit too much during the week at work and now have a stinging ache on the LHS of my abdomin, hope it isn't the Endo or Adhesions coming back, bladder is a little achy also - so it may be the adhesions. Ugh!!!

Went for a walk to get the sunday paper with my dear doggie this morning it was just a nice stroll and the morning is sooo nice. I then took off to the shops to finish my mothers day shopping and one of the presents was quite heavy and the escaltor going down was out of order so I had to walk down it - am now even sorer. Ouch!!!

But hey it is a glorious day and am going to go and read a book outside for a while and then DH who is at old mens bowls this morning (he he he !!) will be home.

He just bought a new BBQ big 6 burner with a baking tray and will be setting it up this afternoon. He is so funny, loves to BBQ.

Girls, we are still healing and stil getting our hormones sorted out - so don't be too hard with yourselves and take time to heal. It is taking time and YES we can't do everything we want but it is but a small time out of our lives
so just kick back and enjoy.

Busycasper - I am so sorry for the loss of life - so young and needless.

Onwards - Cheer up - you are doing okay, and what are DH 's for if not to be vented at at times.

Hikerjune - you are having such a hard time of it, but maybe once they operate on your bladder all will be well - chin up!!

Well been using the new lube (replens) and it seems to be working so maybe DH will have a smile on his face tomorrow - LOL!!!

Onwards - how was your anniversary???

Time to go and read that book, then I am going to finally get into some scrapbooking.

Hope this week is a little easier on us all.

And YES this site has been wonderful and you girls are GEMS!!!

Luv ya all heaps

Kezza
Unread 05-04-2008, 11:25 AM

DNK, anniversary meal was lovely thank you, but had big problem with sister beforehand. She was still buying my son alcohol after I'd told her the doctor had said no, and made him late to babysit for us. All in all, ended up in a huge row the next day...

All is calm and peaceful now, well as much as possible with DS20 and DD5 in the house... I am getting the most wonderful hugs off DS20, instigated by him - I cannot tell you how that feels after all the problems we have all been through. It is more healing than anything.

Snowwhite 586, hang on in there. Perhaps we should compare numbers of painkillers each day...lol I mostly manage not to take them but, like you, I have to give in sometimes or I would never be able to get anything done. Today was one of those days. I had a great, slow morning with DD5, reading stories and having a bath together. Was early to take her to her friend's house so we decided to go to the bookshop first, then the Post office to collect our post. Got in the car. Zilch.

Having tried unsuccessfully to order a taxi due to language probs, DD5 and I ended up travelling halfway across Bahrain in the pick up truck that had come to pick up our broken car, with no air conditioning - not funny at 38 degrees. As we splatted damply onto the pavement at the other end to pick up a replacement car, I realised that DD5 had thought it all a great adventure and all was not lost, even though she ended up arriving two hours late at her little friends house...

Was hoping to get some studying done today, but oh well, tomorrow is another day.

Hope your day was good girls.
Unread 05-04-2008, 12:03 PM
Smile - Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 Happy Sunday!

Hi girls:

Boy have I missed you. Last week was absolutely insane, but I'm slowly recovering.

Last Tuesday was the beginning of an eight day craft show at our county hospital. There was a lot of drama, including where people were going to have their tables situated. There were a couple of women who do not play well with others. Needless to say, they will not be invited back next year. I'm happy to report that as of Friday, I sold over $500 worth of jewelry. The gruleling pace really took a toll on my fatigue. In addition, I was doing a lot of lifting (tables, plastic bins, etc.), and I felt some abdominal discomfort along the way. By the time I got home each night, I was so exhausted physically that all I could do was veg on the couch. I couldn't even think. However, my mind was so revved up, that I couldn't sleep. I also made the mistake of taking custom orders, which I felt obligated to complete by the following day. This had me up late at night several nights. I need to replenish some inventory before we start all over again this Tuesday. The fatigue has been unbearable at times. My husband keeps reminding me that this is why I no longer work. Between the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and still recovering from the surgery, it's been most challenging.

On a happier note, my son is home until May 22. He drove up from San Diego yesterday. My ex-husband arranged to have a large room in a Mexican restaurant and we all celebrated my son's safe return from Iraq. In addition, my oldest ex-stepson turns 25 today, so we celebrated that as well. It was really interesting -- my ex-husband was there with his fourth wife. His first ex-wife was there with her husband (she's the Mom of my ex-husband's first two sons), and one of her two daughters with her current husband. I'm there (second ex-wife) with my husband and my dad. Who would have thought this would ever be a possibility, but it all worked out beautifully. Go figure.

My son and his dad left today for a week trip up to Northern California and Oregon to visit my son's paternal grandparents. He'll be back on Mother's Day -- yeah!

I'm sorry to hear that so many of your are continuing to struggle. We need to remember that it takes anywhere from six months to a year before we are fully recovered.

Well, I'm off to a local bead shop to pick-up some things so I can replenish my inventory. I'm anticipating another difficult week, so I probably won't be checking in until next weekend.

You're all in my thoughts and prayers. Here's hoping you all have a fabulous week.

s,
Unread 05-04-2008, 03:18 PM

Hullo to the girls,

Sounds like you've all had very eventful weeks! Lots of ups and downs for sure. I'm always amazed and proud how resilient and tough we women are!! If the men had to go through half of it, they would be in rough shape indeed. Not that the menfolk aren't supportive, cause in my experience they are, but at the same time I don't think they quite understand this ongoing process either.

On another note, we finally tried it, DH and I,..... doona gymastics, jiggery pokery. VERY carefully, and am happy to say all went well, in fact no pain at all. There was one little drop of blood but I think that was just due to not having participated in so long, I felt a bit stretched, we probably should have used some lube, like you all recomended!

Have to say I am greatly relieved, and have been extra cheerful all weekend. (albeit slightly sore, but that's OK with me )

Have a super week girls,

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register