Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 - Page 68 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Unread 05-04-2008, 07:19 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

HI Ladies! I think I have been more tired the last two weeks than I was at 2- 3 weeks out. Finally have the itching under control but still dealing with the blood pressure issues. Saw the cardiolist on Friday. Scheduled a stress test for two weeks from tomorrow. He's been my mom's doctor for almost 19 years so I feel comfortable with him. Hopefully I will be able to solve my blood pressure issues with lifestyle adjustments and possibly stronger medicine. I'm hoping I don't have to have a heart catherization. And late last week I developed a cyst at the top of my inner thigh! That hurts! It's just been one minor irritation after another! I am sure the receptionist at the doctor's office just rolls her eyes when she hears my voice!

The busy season at my flower shop has started. Did an outdoor market yesterday.... lots of loading, unloading, lugging, etc. The weather was crap so sales were down. Of course, today was a gorgeous day! this week we'll be preping for Mother's Day! I am praying for a wonderful week. Hope my energy stays up and I don't hurt myself while lugging and toting stuff!

Have a great week everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2008, 12:36 AM

G'day everyone

WOW what busy lives we lead... It is really great to hear about what we are all up too, I am constantly laughing at what you are all doing and saying, it is great therapy.

Onwards - what a time you have had with your Sister, that was really mean of her to give your DS the achohol. I have been through it all with my DS30 and it is not something I would wish on anyone, it was a very very stressful time and not one I would like to repeat anytime soon NEVER!! and yes the hugs are wonderful, you know Brett and I are so close now - it makes up for all the horrible years on drugs.

Oceanluvr - What a hectic time you have had, how do you do it..... do you have a website so we can all see your olvely beads.

Lisaleeanne -Sounds like you had fun under the doona this week (chuckle), but you made me laugh...DH and I will probably have a romp in the cot tonight - he doesn't know yet he he he!!! have been using the Replens lube and it has worked it's wonder and my foufnay is no longer tender on the outside - apparently it was caused by severe dryness (TMI) ouch!!! and the replens moisturises the vagina and brings it back to normal health. what would I do without this site to educate me.

On the downside Dr increased my HRT to Climara 100mg and I am just starting to bloat up. will be back to see him in the morning so will see if there is a 75mg patch.

Time to leave work now

Luv to you all
Kezza
Unread 05-05-2008, 01:18 AM

Oceanluv5, good grief, you wear me out just reading about what you are upto! Be careful with your lifting and well done for all your sales...!

Lisaleeane, good for you with your jiggery pokery! lol Still not indulged yet here...maybe after son has gone back to UK. Can put something 'stimulating' on the TV hehehe. Hopefully no need for lube. lol Mind you, I might be being optimistic here as keep waiting until I am no longer in pain before I 'do it' and that hasn't happened yet.

DNK good luck with your HRT. Hope they sort the levels out for you.

Thyme4me, you are still having so many problems, you poor thing. I know what you mean about the receptionist hearing your voice again. It feels so embarrassing, doesn't it, but it's not our fault. It is not like we choose to be ill and not get on with our lives in the way that we want to. Oh to be fully functional again (of course I mean physically - I'm not saying I was ever fully functional in the upstairs sense...hahaha.)

Busy day ahead so better get on girls. Have a great day. Look forward to hearing your updates.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-06-2008, 08:28 PM

Hi everyone

Finally went to the Breast surgeon yesterday and everything is okay. Apparently the cyst was caused through a hormone imbalance after the hyster and it will go away when the hormones (little buggers) settle down.

Phew!!!

DH and I had a romp under the doona again and it was much better this time, although it did still sting a little but no problems from the inside. Phew!!!

So that is 2 big mountains that have been climbed this week, no wonder I am tired.

DS32 has told us the engagement party could be as big as 120+ - oh boy!!! thank god we don't need to do any cleaning up around the place and have a huge carport to hold it in as it will be very cold in June down under.

Hope you are all doing okay this week.

cheers

Kezza
Unread 05-07-2008, 12:00 AM

Good news DNK about your breast cyst. What a relief!!

Also your Doona action - good for you! Still haven't been brave enough to try the inside stuff yet. It all feels so sore inside, esp bowel/rectum area, I just can't face it. But I know I'll have to try it sooner or later. Fortunately for me, DH is as worried about trying it as I am, so we are being imaginative instead.

Must get down to some studying. Did about half an hour yesterday, when I should really have done about two hours. Ooops. Still using DH's laptop - will get the good or bad news this morning as to whether mine needs a new motherboard. Keep your fingers crossed. It's cost me a fortune already - I wish I had just gone and bought another one now. The guy has had it for at least three weeks - longer I think. I need to get my assignment finished and get it sent to the OU, so am feeling a bit stressed about that. Cant' do it on hubby's laptop as Word has frozen.

Have a good day girls. Let us know how things are.
Unread 05-07-2008, 05:02 PM

Hi Everyone,

Onwards - I know how you feel about the big SEX thing, even the second time I was very anxious, fortunately it was pretty spontaneous so just woke up and well the rest is history.

Was kinda holding my breath but it was much better, no pain on the inside, although I have noticed (did a check (TMI)) that the stitches are still in the vaginal cuff, but DH hasn't noticed.

The replens creme is excellent if you can get your hands on it.

I am a bit sore on the LHS in the groin area more of a stinging sensation then an ache, but I have been told that the internal stitches can take up to 12 weeks to dissolve so could just be I have pulled on them.

I am looking forward to Mothers Day we are having all the family over about 16 - and even my DS30 will be there - now that is the best Mothers Day Pressie. DH is doing a mixed roast and everyone will make roast rolls with gravy YUM!!

DD Preggie - will have her DVD of the baby so all us mums will be clucking over it with a drink or 2.

Are you celebrating Mothers Day over there?

Being a Scrapbooker I will be making some cards up for the mums - well I am kinda a Scrapbooker I have all the stuff and a great room, now I just have to get out there and do it.

I also have my mum coming to stay for about 10 days - now that is a challenge in its self. So wish me luck

Love to you all

Kezza
Unread 05-08-2008, 02:05 AM

Wow, DNK, how do you know that you still have stitches in the vaginal cuff? Can you see or feel them? I would have no idea!

Well, I suppose I shall have to give it a go soon as it is 9 and a half weeks since op. We shall have forgotten what to do before long...lol It is the bowel/rectum area that worries me as that is where I get a lot of discomfort, although the lower abdomen too. Sometimes the heavy dragging ache is so bad I find it hard to believe my uterus really has gone and I'm not having a period!!

Think I'm off for a kip. Should be studying but am so tired I won't be able to concentrate. I can do some when I wake up.

Oh yes, mother's day here was in line with the Uk back in March. Seems like a distant memory now!

Have a great day girls.

Unread 05-08-2008, 07:14 AM

I think I may be overdoing it a tad... my swelly belly is pretty "swelly" and I am starting to notice stinging pains on my RHS. I'm really tired at the end of the day and my legs feel like they are going to fall off. I hope its just related to being on my feet all day and not resting at all. Its Mothers Day week here in the US and hopefully we will only get busier at the shop! I originally told my gyn I had to be 100% by Mothers Day or I couldn't have the operation! Guess I'm probably 90% or so.

Have a great day everyone!
Kim
Unread 05-08-2008, 07:43 PM
Smile - Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Hi Everyone

Onwards - Yes I did have a feel for the stitches TMI LOL!!!

all gone now Phew!!!

You poor thing - I still get that achey feeling every now and again but not much.

A kip sounds like a great idea.

Thyme4me - I am also experiencing that stinging sensation on both lower sides of the groin after I have been sitting at the desk or in the car for too long. Am also very swollen by the end of the day not just in the bellie but also around the pubic area.

Most annoying and not a good look. Was actually uncomfortable with the stining yesterday nearly drove me crazy. So took some MEDS. Not good.

Not sure if it is caused bythe swelling or maybe some internal stitches who knows but it is sure sore by the end of the day.

Looking forward to mothers day - have a great one everyone.

cheers

Kezza
Unread 05-09-2008, 03:51 AM

Well girls, last night, we...wait for it...did IT! I guess we did the pokery!lol Was out for a meal with DH's work colleagues, someone bought two bottles of champagne and say no more. haha I suppose we didn't go quite 'all the way' as DH was worried about hurting me, so no 'finishing off' (sorry TMI) but quite a lot went on. I don't think the pain today is any worse than it usually is, so that's good news.

Bless him, he lit a candle - obviously knew his luck was in as the champagne was doing down.

Looking forward to doing it again now...

Back to the real world - need to go shopping. Have a good day girls and don't overdo it. BTW when you all talk about your swelly bellies, is it cos you have had abdominal hysterectomies and the swelling is at/around the scar? I had a vaginal hysterectomy, but appear to look like a telly tubby due to lack of exercise for so long!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register