Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 - Page 69 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Unread 05-09-2008, 06:13 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Hi All,

Congrats to Onwards!!!, a roll under the doona does wonders for the self confidence no?

DH and I tried again this morning, and were less careful than before, but everything was fine and dandy. I did not notice any new pain or blood this time. (goofy smile)

Thyme4me, I also feel the stinging sensation you girls mentioned, especially towards the end of the day if I am extra swollen from lots of activity. Mine is more in the area just below the belly button exactly where my pants always feel too tight . I still seem to get very exhausted at the end of the day when I am swollen and kinda sore.

DNk glad the cyst situation is OK. I am going back and doing some catch up reading as I write...

Well must go get ready, my boys are taking me to see "Iron Man" tonight, should be good for a laugh. I love action type special effects movies...especially on the big screen.

Have a lovely weekend ladies,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-09-2008, 08:43 PM
IVC Filter Retreived

Hi ladies,
Sounds like most everyone is doing much better than the last time I got caught up on everyone's lives. Even a few of us going for a roll in the hay or two.

I had the filter removed from the big vein the leads back to the heart on Monday. The **** thing had shifted a bit so the part the doc needed to grab with a cathedar was pushing against the wall of the vein. What should have taken 10 minutes or so took an hour. At least they doped me up good on sedatives. My neck is a bit sore from the cathedar I guess. Kinda sucks. The incision is a bit ugly and bigger than the incision from when they put the filter in. Oh well...

The other good news is that the clots in my leg seem to be either gone or on their way out. I have a doc appointment early in the week to determine if I can stop taking coumadin.

On the LSH front, other than the scars, I seem to be back to normal and feeling better than I did in at least a year. I don't miss my uterus at all, but it is odd to have premenstrual symptoms without a period. I do seem to still get a mild form of cramping when I should be having my period. Can't for the life of me figure out what could possibly be cramping. Anyone know?

Hope y'all are doing well and celebrating motherhood whether it be your own or as a daughter. Or... maybe you're like me - childless and parentless. I don't regret being childless, but as much as my mom drove me up the wall - there are certainly times when I sure do miss her.

Karen (the other one)
Unread 05-09-2008, 11:41 PM

LisaLeeane, I hope you enjoyed Iron Man. I saw it last week and thought it was great.

Nobody has told me yet, are your swelly bellies from your abdominal scars? Or just generally from the op? (in other words does a vaginal hysterectomy give you a swelly belly? I do still look like a telly tubby but had a tvh).

Zephyr45, you poor thing. I don't envy all you are going through. You are so brave. It seems odd for everyone to be talking about mother's day when we celebrated it two months ago! I know what you mean about missing your mum. Mine died when I was 17 and there are times when I so need some 'mummy TLC'!! I have to admit that going through this surgery was one of them. Dad died when I was 7, so no daddy TLC either

Time for breakfast. Tummy is complaining. Have a good day girls. Take care and no lifting!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-10-2008, 04:02 AM

Hi everyone

Onwards - go girl!!! amazing what a little bit of romance and a bit of the old bubbly will do for a girls confidence.

As to the swelly bellie I also had the LAVH and YES I have a swelly bellie - ugh!!! and also swell up around the Map of Tassie (Pubic Area) by the end of the day and that horrible stinging sensation if I have been either driving or sitting at my desk for too long.

It is really uncomfortable and I hope it doesn't last too much longer.

but at least I don't get any other type of aching.

Other then that all is okay I wonder how long we will have swelly bellies for

Zephyr45 - Boy!!! have you been through the wringer - about time you had an easier time of it. Hope you start to feel much better now.

Lisaleeanne - How good are your boys to take you to the movies - good stuff - not sure about Iron Man though more into the chick flicks - love a good cry or laugh.

Mothers day is tomorrow and I spent the afternoon making my first Mothers Day Cards (scrapbooking) and they are fabulous - if I say so myself.

Can't wait to hand them out. All the fam will be here. Mum arrived earlier today for a week - and yes I am so lucky - we get on really well over the phone - but she does drive me crazy face to face - but that is only because she gets lonely and must tell you all the news and doesn't stop talking.

She thinks her way is the best and always has an opinion - but she is a dear. DD preggie will have her DVD to show everyone tomorrow, it is mums first Great Grand Child so she is very excited. Only 16 weeks to go!!!

I hope you all have a wonderful day

Have A GREAT WEEKEND.

kEZZA
Unread 05-10-2008, 06:02 AM

DNK if you like girlie flicks, you must see Definitely Maybe. There is no Maybe about it, it is Definitely one to see (lol do you think I should write headlines for The Sun?)

I thought my belly was just FAT cos I haven't been able to exercise for so long!! Perhaps it is a bit of both but I shall now go around telling everyone that is due to the op...nothing to do with lolling around on the laptop writing to you lot!

Watched Atonement recently and enjoyed that, but was intrigued as to how Ian McEwan structured it when writing the book (the bores of being a writer I suppose...lol) so have just bought the novel. Can't wait to get started.

Have a chill out day girls.
Unread 05-11-2008, 08:15 PM

Hi finally got a doctors appointment on Friday, late cancellation. She thinks some of the aching I have is trying to do too much too soon, told me it is still early days!!! Wants to keep a check on remaining ovary though thinks it is shutting down and maybe be cystic again, if so more surgery, great!!! I wasn't sure about leaving it in the first place because of the cysts. Anyway have to wait and see. Have been very uncomfortable ever sincd internal exam though and had to take more painkillers than usual.

I am off on a business trip to Calgary on Monday with DH and a few days holiday at the end, REALLY looking forward to it.

Hope everyone had a nice Mothers Day, I get two a year, my two daughters still live in the UK so celebrated on March 2nd, so didn't really appreciate much this year, my son, newly married lives here in Canada, him and his wife had us over for supper and really spoilt us both.

Have a great week.

Christine
Unread 05-12-2008, 12:12 AM

Snowwhite, you poor thing with your ovary problems. I hope it settles down for you. Not nice to be possibly facing more surgery. Might be the same for me if my problems don't sort themselves out. I swam around the compound pool here two days ago, just once, and am still feeling it now. Just once around, which is probably equivalent of one and a half lengths of a normal pool, and my legs ache like mad and my insides, well, like you, have been taking pills ever since. It just aches so much, that horrible dragging sort of pain, tummy seems more swollen, and some sharp pains too. I don't know how I am ever going to get this weight off at this rate. I am feeling so flabby.

What sort of pain is it that you get when you overdo it?

Oh to be well again! I used to be so active, exercising every day. Haven't done that for months and months and months due to pain. Makes you realise, doesn't it, that if you don't have your health, everything else is rather b...g...d up. I seem to be eating like a horse too, which doesn't help!

I hope you have a good time away, snowwhite, and that all you girls are happy and healthy out there. I still have my request in to come back as a bloke when I pop my clogs eventually...
Unread 05-12-2008, 09:10 PM

Hi girls

Onwards - it is Swelly Bellie not fat!! LOL - I think we are all moaning and groaning when we look in the mirror ugh!!!

Can't wait for IT to go!!! As for exercise DH and I went for a walk for about 20 mins this morning and that stinging in the groin is back. Pain the @#se LOL!!!

But I need to exercise so am going to walk again in the morning and see what happens, if it hurts too much then I will stop for a couple of days and try again, would love to do some sit ups but don't dare!! and my bike is sitting there looking very sad

DD gave me "PS I Love you" for Mothers day so I am hoping to find time on the weekend to watch it. I will have a box of tissues handy LOL!!! and Defineatly Maybe" sounds great - might buy that for myself.

Snowwhite - Boy are you in the wars - But the op to take out the remaining ovary is only a minor one in comparison - so go girl and get rid of them.

You know I never figured that it would take so long to heal, like most of you when the Dr said 4-6 weeks, well that is what I thought it would be and that I would be back doing EVERYTHING by about 8 weeks. Well here it is 11 weeks and there re still things that I just can't do or if I do I pay big time.

Oh well... Have a big trip out west on Thursday with the Boss. We are visiting 2 major clients and it is a 6hr drive out to see them. Will be leaving home around 4.30am in the morning and hope to talk the BOSS into staying somehwere for the night. Not looking forward to the long drive ugh!!!

And Onwards I agree - blokes have it made - I would just love to have their libido for a week just to see what it is all about - an orgasm for them must be incredible!!!LOL

Okay enough of the dirty talk, must get back to work.

Luv to you all
Kezza
Unread 05-13-2008, 01:04 AM

So I'm not the only one turning into a blob?? That's ok then... lol

Yes, DNK, I know what you mean about when the doctor says 4-6 weeks. Whenever I've asked anything, mine has said 'Go and live a normal life'. Yeah, right!

I am having a bad day today, mood wise. Feel pretty dire. Why do we get swelly bellies anyway? Is it cos everything inside is still swollen? Is it really, after 11 weeks??

UUrggh got on the scales this morning and wished I hadn't! How depressing!

Off to do some studying - best I achieve something!

Have a good day girls.
Unread 05-13-2008, 03:04 AM

Ladies ladies ..... come on now, remember we are women ... you know, determined, focused, can do anything human beings! Well, I can talk. Its just that last May i joined the gym and got side tracked when i ran out of puff, found i was anemic (bad spelling) and yea, had to have a hysto. WELL ... now im back and have done the step class 3 days in a row. More than that, at 54 (nearly 55) Ive decided to finally 'do the math' with my calories. Yup i bought a calerie book and have allocated 1500 per day for over 2 weeks now. ive lost a coupla kgs already and I feel great, energised and much better. I feel for the ladies whose bodies still arent workin right, but c'mon now ladies who have a 'warrent of fitness'. Maybe its time to set some goals, walks and so on and get cracking .... is it ok to say that? The op has given me a new lease on life, especially as a very dear friend has sudden been taken ill and is in hosp for some serious reasons. I am soooooo grateful that my problem was able to be fixed and now im trying to be grateful for my life ....... Hugs to all ladies still healing their bodies .... yet it cant go on for ever so hang in there, be strong and keep hold of your goals.

I appreciate you all!!! (even though i havent dropped in for at least 2 pages lol!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register