Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Unread 03-06-2008, 06:47 AM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Day 6 today from TVH. (kept ovaries but lost cervix and uterous) No pain, but tired.

Did anyone get a weird itchy rash in the groin area around day 3 post op? At first I thought my undies were irritating, but it's not all the way around the leg. Could I be alergic to the stitches inside?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2008, 06:52 AM

Good Morning Ladies,
Last night was a good night. I slept uninterrupted from 2 to 6, heaven. I didn't take pain meds after midnight, just some advil when I got up this morning. I feel pretty darn good. I plan to still take my pain meds today (1/2) dose, as last time I thought I would stop them the pain came back with a vengeance. My husband comes home today from a business trip, Yea! He has been gone since Monday and I miss him so much. My parents have been here taking care of me, which has been absolutely wonderful. Have a great day ladies, this is the best morning for me so far
Unread 03-06-2008, 06:59 AM

It certainly seems our experiences are varied and different doesn't it? But, even though they are, we can certainly identify with each other, can't we? I wrote a thank you note to my hospital yesterday (I was actually treated to a room in the Family Birthing Center because they weren't full of moms in labors so I was treated like a queen) due to all the "not so good" experiences some of you have had.
Went to my dr yesterday for a 1 week checkup (no exam). He gave me the lab report - all good and wants to start me on a very low dosage of Premarin. He explained about all the bad press it receives but explained that due to a lot of things in my favor, I don't really carry a high risk for any of the bad things. I'm going for it - I trust my doctor who has over 30 years of experience. My mother (81) has been on Premarin for 40 years and it has kept her very healthy for all these years. What are your doctors saying?

Jane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-06-2008, 09:10 AM
Post Op

Had my first post op visit w/Dr... NEED MORE REST! TAKE IT EASY FOR A WHILE LONGER! Not good, started spotting yesterday, good thing my Dr visit was already scheduled for p.m.
Basically, trying to do too much too soon. I don't get it, I've read some of you have even climbed stairs & my DH brought a bed downstairs so I wouldn't have to be up & down. Do some walking but I think it is the bending to pick up stuff... How can u stand not picking them up!

Still constipated & having trouble sleeping!

Dr sd I should feel better in a couple of days... And here I thought maybe I could go back to work sooner!
Unread 03-06-2008, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear92
NEED MORE REST! TAKE IT EASY FOR A WHILE LONGER!
Hi, Bear:

Good advice from the doc. It's tough to heed it, though. Like you, I still have trouble bending, with stairs and the horrible constipation is making me crazy. Nothing is working for that. I see the doc for my 1st follow up early tomorrow morning. My surgery was Friday. I keep giving out advice about being patient and listening to your body. I should probably listen to myself a little better, shouldn't I? Hang in there and REST!
Unread 03-06-2008, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboto
Hi, Bear:

Good advice from the doc. It's tough to heed it, though. Like you, I still have trouble bending, with stairs and the horrible constipation is making me crazy. Nothing is working for that. I see the doc for my 1st follow up early tomorrow morning. My surgery was Friday. I keep giving out advice about being patient and listening to your body. I should probably listen to myself a little better, shouldn't I? Hang in there and REST!
I totally understand. I was discouraged yesterday because I was so tired, and because I thought I should be able to be off my pain meds. Today is a new day. I feel much better. Hang in there. Rest, and don't be too hard on yourselves
Unread 03-06-2008, 11:38 AM

I had also cut back on pain meds - down to 1/2 in am and 1/2 pm - but I don't have abdominal incisions like some of you. Today, nothing yet. I'm thinking I need to be a little uncomfortable to remind me not to do too much.

Jane
Unread 03-06-2008, 01:24 PM
Day 8 after LSH

Two cats fighting for space on my belly! Their warmth is comforting, but they haven't quite learned to walk gently on my belly or to share the space with my laptop.
After being sick to my stomach for the first 4 days and living on chocolate pudding, multi-grain cheerios and canned pears (odd diet, I know, but it's all I could keep down) my recovery seems to be zipping along. Some pain, but only with bending over (how does one wash her feet??) or getting up/down, first few steps after sitting. Little bit of discomfort when I pee.
I hate asking my DH to do my laundry, unload the dishes, do the cooking... especially when he's working super long hours and comes home tired. I think that's what upsets me the most: relying on someone to take care of me. He's good about it all, thankfully.
On another, somewhat random, note... I have a genetic blood clotting disorder that has complicated things a bit. Have had to manage the clotting disorder on top of the surgery: twice daily injections in the belly of Lovenox for the week leading up to the surgery and for almost a week after. Had to have a filter to catch any blood clots put in my inferior vena cava - the big vein that leads back to the heart. Thank heaven that the injections in the belly are over. Between the incisions from the surgery and the bruises from the shots my belly looks like a battlefield. Could be worse, I guess. Could have died from a pulmonary embolism after or during surgery had we not caught the blood clot in my leg during the first pre-op way back in November (which postponed my LSH until now) and diagnosed me with Factor V Leiden.
I'm sure your doctors have all spoken with you about the dangers of blood clots forming. Dangerous things, ladies. Best advice... get up and walk once an hour or so - even if you really don't feel like it. Just a few minutes will make all the difference.
Unread 03-06-2008, 01:41 PM

Hey starsharer,
Hang in there. Tomorrow the pain will be less. The day after even better. It sucks not being able to do the things we normally can do, huh? In a few more days you'll be thrilled by small improvements and will realize the worst is behind you. By the way, Gas-X (simithicone) really helped with my gas pains.
Unread 03-06-2008, 02:51 PM

DKE -

I didn't have a rash but one half of my groin area was super swollen 3 days post-op. The nurse that removed my staples said it was all the fluid pooling there, that pure gravity causes this after surgery and being off your feet. She said it could take up to a month to go away but it's almost gone already.

I do have a strange rash on the back of my neck - wondering if it's a reaction to one of my meds.....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register