Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 - Page 77 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Unread 06-15-2008, 05:30 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Howdy

I am actually feeling a little bit more like my old self today - DH and I have had a lot of long talks and he is realising (painfully) how selfish he has been over the years. I also feel a little sorry for Dorothy (other woman) as DH also used her - he has explained how he was only interested in his own sexual needs and used her to satisy them - NOT NICE!!

He has a lot of soul searching to do and lots of therapy to work out why!! BUT we ourselves are in a better place - last week was very emotional for me whilst I tried to grapple with the affair.

Found myself in Borders (book shop) and a book called "after the affair" jumped out at me and when I started reading it I went to tears - it explained how you feel emotionally after you have found out about the affair - whilst I was standing there in tears a girfriend rang to see how I was and I just cracked up laughing with tears coming down my face - I am usually such a control freak that to be so emotional is way too foriegn for me.

DH and I are reading this together and it has been very theraputic and we have counselling tonight.

You know what the worst part is - DH is a great man - we get on so well and really enjoy each other - but there is this side of him that I don't like - he is now confronting it and is very emotional about it - so maybe some good will come out of all this pain.

Onwards (Julie) nice name - you must be so scared - I can only guess what you are going through - I will ask the Angels (now don't laugh) to be with you. LOL!!

Hang in there kiddo - it is all going to work out - just trust your instincts and keep going until you get the answers.

Do some retail therapy whilst you are there - that always works!!!

Lisaleeanne - WOW so many shoes - I am jealous LOL!!!

Onwards how many do you have - you may have to add to your stash whilst you are away. I only have 26 pairs lots of catching up to do yeh!!

As for the swellie bellie - mine is also going down - but I have been drowning my sorrows in a glass of scotch each night and I think any gain is LOST LOL!!!

Pekingeselover - nice to hear from you and yes we are a weird lot - lots of stuff going on with us but it is so nice to be able to talk to each other - often it is about things that you wouldn't talk about to others - GO THE GIRLS!!!

Well time to hit the frog and toad (road) meeting DH for a coffee and then into the office.

GOOD LUCK ONWARDS!!!!!!!!!

Luv
Kezza
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2008, 05:30 PM

Onwards - my thoughts are with you, hope all goes well with the Lap Op. Also hoping that your Lap recovery is a lot easier than your Hyst surgery was. Hang in there girl, we know you're tough, all the repairs you've had prove that!!! Question... what can the osteopath do for you, I have no experience with them so I'm not sure what they do? Is that the same as a chiropracter or massage therapist ???
Unread 06-18-2008, 04:53 PM

Hi girls, how many pairs of shoes have I got?? Not enough!! Hardly any. Nobody can believe it when they come to stay!! lol

Well, here I am, back in the land of the living (just). Thank you so much for your kind thoughts and wishes. I had the op on Monday and the consultant said he hadn't seen such aggressive endometriosis for years. He could think of only one other woman with it so bad, from about five years ago, and was amazed it could come back so badly, so soon. It was all over the top of the vaginal vault, which he had created after the hysterectomy (which is why sex was so painful), my bowel was stuck to my ovary, and various other things were going on. So, he did loads more diathermy, plus something else which I have forgotten, plus he has put in lots of this gel stuff which should help stop things sticking together if it comes back (pray that it doesn't!!!!!).

I now don't feel I was being an idiot by my keeping on complaining that the pain was as before. I began to think I was going insane at one point. It all seemed so ridiculous that I didn't seem to be getting any better after the op. Instead, things were progressively getting worse.

I will be seeing the osteopath because everything in my back and pelvic area is sort of seized up muscle-wise. He is hoping to ease it for me, but I can't see him until 27th when I've had the all clear from the consultant. My sacrum is a bit tilted apparently and impacted slightly into the vertebrae above - don't know if that is a cause of pain yet or not.

So, all in all, I am taking it one day at a time. Don't know yet when I am returning to Bahrain and DH and DD5. She is being very good without me again, bless her little heart.

Am staying with a friend, came out of hospital today, and will move on to stay with my aunt on saturday.

Hope all is well with you girls. Keep up the good work Kezza. You're doing a **** fine job of dealing with stuff!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-18-2008, 05:23 PM

G'day girls

Onwards (Julie)- I feel for you, exactly the same thing happened to me last year when the Gyno did the first Lap to see if a small cyst was causing me the pain, turned out very similair to you, burst ovary, PID, endo everywhere, uterus adhered to bowel and bladder - so he went into panic mode and what should have been a 1/2hr op turned into over 2 hrs.

BUT I was in worse pain afterwards - hence the Hyster and YES the endo was worse and organs had started to shut down due to lack of blood supply. IT IS SO NICE to not have any PAIN and to feel human again.

So go girl reclaim yourself. WELL DONE!!! and be easy on your self this time - we do know our bodies well - so listen LOL!!

And BUY some shoes girl and some handbags to match - you deserve them!!!

DH & I graduated from Marriage Counselling school with flying colours - well in a better place - so now it is the long haul forward - feel really good about it as I now KNOW it was just SEX - poor women didn't stand a chance - still LOATH her though. BUT that is normal

As for DH he is still talking heaps about what he felt and why and we are working to make changes on both sides - the old 80/20 rule.

Actually it is quite exciting opening up to each other and really talking - mind blowing - but the counsellor taught us some good talking and listening techniques which we are finding really helpful - like useing "I" words instead of "You"

e.g I feel, I think, I thought - instead of you didn't, you never, you should have - very good stuff. Maybe I should become a counsellor now - what a hoot LOL!!!

It will take a long time to forgive but I need to use that energy positively and we should never totally forgive or forget. He has to earn the forgiveness - now how many shoes do I need LOL!!

The big engagement party is this weekend - about 80 people at our place - should be fun and bubby is only 10 weeks away.

Actually one of the things that really impacted on DH was when I told him I felt nothing for the coming bubby (I do now) he was in tears. I felt so diconnected, so emotionless, but that has now abated - thankgod - was a bit scary!!!

Heres to the power of us girls - and PLEASE Please all keep in contact.

Ocean!!!! where are you - Sisterkris - come on girls!!!!

Luv you all heaps and thank so much for all you support.

Luv
Kezza
Unread 06-18-2008, 06:36 PM

Onwards, hopefully you will have relief from your pain. I can't believe the endo came back that aggressively and so quickly! I wish you a speedy recovery and no more endo!

DNK, glad to hear you and hubby are working things out. Hope the party goes smoothly and you can relax and enjoy it!

I think I am over my major hurdles... no weird pains lately, blood pressure is somewhat under control, only itching occassionaly so all except the ever present swelly belly is under control!
Kim
Unread 06-18-2008, 08:01 PM

Hi everyone, I haven't got the links sent this week so thought everyone was quiet, have now caught up with all the news.

Onwards hope you are feeling better soon.

DNK so glad things are working out.

I am strangely lacking in the shoe department, I like old faithfuls and hate having to but new ones.

We leave here on Sunday for the UK, might see you Onwards, we are in the SW. DD26's wedding is on the 28th and there is still so much to do. Am busy making the programs but with the time difference, 8 hours, it isn't easy. Really looking forwar to a hoiday afterwards, have booked Eurostar to Paris for the day with DS and his wife and then taking other DD28 and her children to the Isle of Wight for a few days, my grandson 4 can't understand how the car can go in the boat and it not sink. They are really cute. Thanks for all the kind words regarding the rest of my family, we are not involving them at all.

Take care

Christine
Unread 06-18-2008, 10:37 PM

G'Day

Thyme4me - so good to hear that you are finally feeling much better - gee us women go through the mills at times.

Yeh and that swelly belly is a bit annoying, mine isn't too bad except when I have a drink or 2 or by the end of the day - after the big party this weekend I will be on a health kick with DH - he has already lost 6.5 kgs in the past few weeks and already his blood pressure has fallen by 10 points.

Snowwhite - you must be so excited about the wedding - daughters are so beautiful on their wedding day - our daughter was married 4 years ago and it was so special. Our little angels just grow up so fast!!!

Good to hear that you are leaving the horrid family out - good for you - now go and enjoy your special day as Mother of the Bride - Have fun and let us know how it all goes.

Luv to you all

Kezza
Unread 06-25-2008, 07:47 AM

Like all you ladies, I am 4 months post op. At first I lost a little weight and my stomach while swollen seemed smaller than pre op. Now, my belly seems to be as big as it was pre op if not maybe bigger, yikes!!! also, when I went to the GP two weeks ago I had gained 10 lbs. Double yikes! I don't think I've gained that much... I can still get my jeans on but what is going on! I don't really exercise but I own a flower shop and am almost always moving, bending, carrying, toting.... you get the picture.

Also having some gastro issues so I broke down and called the Dr. Told the nurse my litany of complaints... when I got to the weight she said "that's a big increase for you" so I am going to see him on Friday. She ordered a urine test 'cause I'm having urinating issues similar to Pre-op.

I'm on HRT 'cause they took my ovaries. I'v been on thyroid medication since Dec. had a blood test last night to check the thyroid level and my potassium.. it's been out of whack since the operation.

I am scared that either the endo is back or I have adhesions. I feel like an idiot because I totally ignored all my symptoms for years and now every since the operation every little twinge and I'm sure I've got some serious issues.

And this is really stupid.... can't decide if my stomach is swollen or bloated. How do you tell the difference? I decided to give up Diet Pepsi/COke yesterday and drink water and decaf ice tea and see if that makes any difference. I usually drink almost a 2 liter a day so that could have something to do with the bloating!

Help!!
Unread 06-25-2008, 07:57 AM

Wow, thyme4me, don't feel alone. I'm having similiar problems myself. Began hurting really bad in the left side of my abdomen last week and went to my GP. He's treating me for diverticulitis with antibiotics and it has helped but there is still some pain. He told me he's concerned about adhesions because I've had 6 abdominal surgeries. I also had endometriosis so it's a concern for me too. I don't feel bad, it just hurts at times. I go back tomorrow for a follow-up. I hope he can determine it's just gastric problems and not adhesions. I just don't think I could stand being cut on again to clean them up.

I've also had a 10#weight gain. I have to admit though that I was on a really strict diet before surgery and haven't stuck to it exactly right since but I'm trying again to get it back off and then some. Trying to lose weight is so hard. Due to family situation, it's really hard for me to make time to get out and exercise but I know that's what it's going to take.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!!!!
Unread 06-25-2008, 08:24 AM

Hi...I know exactly what you are saying...I have had a swollen stomach (not normal for me) since about week two after my surgery. I wake up in the morning now and it almost seems normal, but always way more extended at the end of the day. I too have to do alot of physical lifting and bending during the day at my job...but I don't hurt any more...I have the odd twinge but wonder if that isn't related to my cycle, as I still have my ovaries. I know that I have gained at least 10 lbs and it has been really hard to work it off because I still don;t feel I have the stamina I had before all this started...don't give up...but I think that the word should be out there for others that this is not a 6 - 8 week deal!!! More like 6-8 months....boy was I uneducated!

Take care......hope that you are all feeling much better real soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register