Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 - Page 87 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008 Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Unread 08-27-2008, 10:49 PM
Hysterectomy dates Feb 25-Mar 03,2008

Hello to the girls,

Wow, 6 months?, crazy talk. Does not seem like 6 months already, thats for sure.

I'm still feeling realy good, no recurances or issues thus far. I do still get tired faster than before but nothing drastic. I get crazy itching along the scar line now once in a while. I remember some of you talking about getting the itches way back at the start of recovery, but I'm just getting them now. i think it has something to do with the fact that the skin around my scar is less numb now than it was a few months ago.

I'm still a snacking maniac, so consequently cannot fit into my pre surgery jeans quite yet. Apparently I weigh almost the same as before surgery but it is just distributed differently now? I dont have a scale at home so I found this out when I went for my pelvic exam last week. Yes I know, get my butt out and exercise!! I need someone to chase me, then maybe I'll take up running. snicker.

Sorry to hear some of you are still suffering so much. That's the pits!!!

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2008, 02:47 AM

Nice to see a few others popping in! Must be the six month post op email that has done it. Welcome back!
Unread 08-28-2008, 11:27 PM

Hi Everyone,

Oceanluvr 5- WOW you are still with us - good to see you are going great guns - although the back ache is a worry.

Lisaleeanne, great to hear from you alos and everyone else, good stuff.

I am definately one of the lucky ones, feel physically great, no problems except if I really overdo it and then I get a very slight ache - nothing to write home for though.

DH and I are getting on the straight and narrow and I have been having hypnotherapy the last 2 weeks to help alleviate the fear I was feeling about him straying again. Feel so much happier now.

Good to see some of you are wrinkling those doonas - he he he!!!

Little Ayva is doing well and mum and dad are like to kids with a new toy. Poppy (DH) is smitten and I admit SO is Grandma. Don't feel anyway old enough to be a Granny but it is so good.

Have a great weekend everyone and wrinkle those doonas.

Luv to you all
Kezza
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2008, 12:15 AM

CONGRATULATIONS Kezza. GRANDMA! How wonderful is that. I'm so glad all went well for mom and baby.
Unread 09-06-2008, 12:07 PM

Where is everyone? It is so quiet around here these days.

How are you all?

Christine
Unread 09-06-2008, 12:20 PM

Wow, it is isn't it? I'm still in pain daily. am about to try prostap to see if it is purely endo causing the problems. I do seem to have a partially dislocated coccyx so that may be contributing, but might have more idea if the injections work.

I'm just finishing my Social Science Open University course and starting my Creative Writing one, which I love. I am a fiction writer, so that is so up my street! lol

How is everyone else?
Unread 09-13-2008, 07:49 PM

Just checking in to let everyone know that my blood tests came back. I don't have aldosteronism. My muscle enzyme tests were inconclusive. They will repeat those in another week or so. Still have the deep aches in my thighs.

Been fairly busy at the flower shop for the last 4 weeks. Our high school homecoming is next weekend so next week should be busy too. Hopefully things will continue to improve.

My Dr's nurse and her husband are coming over for dinner tomorrow night. She's a lot of fun. So we are looking forward to it.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Kim
Unread 09-14-2008, 12:39 AM

Hi Kim, good to hear from you!

Good to hear about your test results and hope the enzyme ones are conclusive one way or another next week so you don't have to wait around any longer.

Sounds like you're gonna have a good night in store - nothing like a good laugh for helping to batter the pain, I think. Sorry to hear you are still in pain - me too. Oh well, c'est la vie. Take care and look after yourself.

Hi all, to anyone else logging in to read this...

Julie
Unread 09-15-2008, 02:12 PM
Just wanna say hi & I made it through...........

Hi everybody,
June here. Haven't posted for a long time, but wanted to let everyone know I survived my second bladder repair surgery and 5 months of wearing a catheter.

It was removed August 22nd, and I celebrated for 2 weeks.

I am recovering well, and am even able to go back Thursday to my 2nd job taking care of horses that I have missed SO much. I almost got teary just typing that.

I think I finally found the right dose of Vivelle Dot (.75)
and have been able to get back on my St. John's Wort for depression (had to get off it for surgery again) so my life is
FINALLY getting back to normal after a long miserable haul.

Bye for now,
June
Unread 09-17-2008, 11:26 AM

June!! That is FANTASTIC news!!!!!!

You have been through such a lot and done so well. No wonder you have been celebrating for two weeks!

Now you won't look back. Go for it girl!!!!!!!!!!

Julie
xxx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register