Spotting after TVH - Endo/adeno | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Spotting after TVH - Endo/adeno Spotting after TVH - Endo/adeno

Unread 02-25-2008, 01:51 AM
Spotting after TVH - Endo/adeno

Hi

I had a vaginal hysterectomy on 6th February 08. 2 weeks and 5 days later I am trying to take it easy but I'm finding it sooo difficult with an 8 year old daughter and 12 year old son and a hubby that works all hours. I had a little red bleeding a few days ago. My ovaries are preserved and I was told I had endometriosis and adenomyosis. I wonder when it is time for your monthly period would the endometriosis still cause a monthly period? Or is this because I have been over doing it??? PS My Dad died on24th Jan of this year so this whole thing has been emotional for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2008, 06:40 AM
hello dont over do yourself.

i was told i would spot for awile...its sounds like you are over doing it to me..remember that if you over do it that it can affect you down the road..i know its hard with children and a husband that works alot...just try to explain to the kids its like a game..or let them earn stars or points and who ever help you the most gets a surprise at the end of the game...(like if you need something picked up) have them pick it up and give them a star that gives you one less thing to bend over for....just change there way of thinking..they may just want your attention and they know you dont feel good so they want you more because they dont understand.just devent there attention in another way..like laundry have them put it in piece by piece. might take a while...then see if hubby will put in dryer...
things will be ok if there not right in order.... do what you can do....if its soup and sandwith instead of meatloaf it will be ok ......they have to understand that it will all be ok and you have to recover..it depends on your health down the line also...i hope i helped you.....honey....
Unread 02-25-2008, 08:06 AM

Hi Kim
I want to echo what BattyBlue said, that you really can have problems down the road if you over do it now. My mom ended up with emergency bowel surgery from adhesions from overdoing it. :-(
I have a 10 and a 16 year old, and they really can do a lot. You don' tneed them to do everything, but for example, my kids take out the pots and put them on the stove (lifting things at odd angles is not good); carry laundry up and down stairs (the older one can put it in but even if you just have them carry it its important--then if they put it on something up high you can sort and do the laundry--they can move it into dryer, into basket--all the heavystuff. And you can fold.) The house can get dirty, or you can decide that this is the time for them to practice vacuumng and whatever it lookslike is fine, don't redo it. Don't carry groceries--that is something you probably really need your DH to do, or a friend--one option if he's not around is to do the shopping, have the kids put heavy items in the cart, put perishibles in separate bags from non perishables, have the grocery guys put your stuff in the car, and leave the non-perishables in the car for DH to bring in, have kids bring in the perishables, even if its only a few a t a time. And DH can clean up from cooking whenever he gets home.
My 16 yo actually does the cooking some nights, and she does the laundry, but even my 10 yo carries baskets of laundry up and down, takes out pots, takes stuff out of fridge for me, sweeps kitchen and vacuums (he had to show his sister how to run the vacuum, never underestimate the power of a gadget on a male.)
Hang in there, only a few more weeks...
Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2008, 02:37 AM

Thanks for your advice. My kids are pretty helpful and yes just another 2 or 3 weeks and hopefully all will be almost back to normal. Take care of yourselves and hope your recovery goes well. Love Chris xxxxx
Unread 02-26-2008, 06:51 AM

Hi Chris
To answer your question about when it's time for your period, this can happen, but only if you have your cervix and your ovaries. I don't believe you have your cervix if you had a TVH, so this is probably not what you're experiencing here.

At 3 wks post op I don't find it unusual for you to be having some spotting on and off. As the stitches begin to dissolve there can be some light bleeding and often is. You're correct though, that it can also happen in response to you doing too much. The ladies above have given you a lot of good advice. I totally agree. You need to be very careful about lifting things, especially laundry, but bending over can also cause pulling of tissue that's still trying to heal. Please try to only do what is absolutely necessary and a lot of what needs done around the house needs to be left for your dh, especially if it involves lifting, pushing and pulling.

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. This is emotional anyway and I'm sure dealing with the added grief is very difficult. Try to get your rest and don't push yourself to do things around the house. If there's anyone you can call on for help, please do. Sometimes a teenage neighbor can be hired to vacuum or help clean up the kitchen so you can rest and not feel like you have to be up doing something.

Keep us posted on your progress. I hope you feel better soon.
's, Rita
Unread 02-26-2008, 07:25 AM

Hi Rita

Thank you for your message and that has cleared any questions about whether I will have an ongoing small monthly bleed. No more tampons for me....yahoo!!! The bleeding has stopped and I am doing as I am told...trying to do not much....have got stuck into a good book(P.S. I Love You) love the romantic stuff. Thank you for your good wishes and take care. Love Chris xx
Unread 02-26-2008, 04:41 PM

yeah i find if i do too much i bleed a bit more than other times.
Unread 02-26-2008, 05:54 PM

Chris,

Two weeks post-op I decided I'd wash the sheets on my bed. DH yelled at me for doing it by myself. Anyway, washing them did no harm, but I figured I was ok to put the clean sheets back on the bed - BIG MISTAKE! After I did the tucking and a little lifting I started to spot blood again. Listen to the other ladies and don't over do it! I was fine after I laid down for the rest of the day.

PS - So sorry to hear about your father. I hope you feel better soon.
Unread 02-27-2008, 01:51 PM

Thank you every one. This site has been so helpful and a good support after a harrowing few weeks. Wishing you all a speedy recovery.
Unread 02-27-2008, 02:14 PM

Kimchris.morris
So sorry you lost your Dad. Its a very traumatic time for you, so be very kind to yourself. I lost my mother 3 years ago and lost my dad 14 years ago and when you go through something like this, you still feel you need your parents to fuss over you, so its sad when they are not there. I had my surgery the day before you and feel I have turned a corner today. I only bled a little after surgery and have a little pink watery discharge occasionally so it seems everyone is different, which makes sense, as we all have had different sorts of rummaging going on during surgery.
Hope you feeling well now and you are not alone. Take care
Poochieprincess

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register