Severe Nerve Pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Severe Nerve Pain Severe Nerve Pain

Unread 02-26-2008, 06:47 AM
Severe Nerve Pain

Good morning everyone... I had a TAH/BSO with lymph node removal on Jan. 31. I have been doing quite well with recovery, but in the last few days(just past my 3 wk. mark) I have been feeling more nerve pain... Enough to send me for more pain meds. Is this common? I have a vert. incision so don't know if that caused more nerve damage... I haven't done anything strenuous.. did do some walking around several stores yesterday so maybe it is related to back pain... IDEAS would be appreciated. Do I need more Quite often the aches are accompanied by a :burning: sensation both internal and external.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2008, 08:28 AM
Severe Nerve Pain

I'm having more nerve pain, too -- it started last night. I see my doc today for my post-op; maybe he'll have some answers.
Unread 02-26-2008, 08:32 AM
Severe Nerve Pain

tkdlibrarian:
Let me know what he/she says... mine seems to not be worried..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2008, 09:38 AM
Severe Nerve Pain

Ericka, yes, let us know what your doctor says. I have the same nerve pain, and we are all about the same stage post-op. Maybe this is normal?
Unread 02-26-2008, 10:17 AM
Severe Nerve Pain

Yes..same pain here too. Really bad on my right side. Please keep us all posted on what dr. says.

Thank you :-)
Unread 02-26-2008, 01:55 PM
Severe Nerve Pain

I woke up at 5 a.m. and had this aching type pain on my lower right side just like the pain I had before my TAH. I took 800mg ibuprofen & it finally eased off but it's back again. I'm totally discouraged feeling like I had the hysterectomy for nothing if that pain was not from the fibroids. Is this the kind of pain you're talking about or is different?
Unread 02-26-2008, 02:28 PM
Severe Nerve Pain

GJE:
Yes, sometimes it feels like an ache, sometimes like a stabbing burning pain and sometimes like someone is pulling strings inside your body... You are still fairly new from surgery, so make sure you stay on your scheduled pain meds every 6 hours.. .. Your nerves are waking up from surgery and it will hurt for a while.
Unread 02-26-2008, 02:44 PM
Severe Nerve Pain

I was assured that these pains where very normal so I hunkered down with Ibuprofen/Tylenol 3 as needed, ice packs on my belly, and the TMC channel. I did no driving, no shopping, no nothing. My third and fifth weeks were the worst for me and this is when I really pampered myself because I was getting depressed and exhausted from the pain. It does get better. Week ten you will work an eight-hour shilf, go grocery shopping for two hours, get it all into your car and it will dawn on you that just a few weeks ago, there was NO WAY you could have done it all. I did it yesterday and was truly shocked at how good I felt.

I am hoping the best for each of you,

bitterpill
Unread 02-26-2008, 11:07 PM
Severe Nerve Pain

So, my dr certainly has a sense of humor! He's very satisfied with my progress so far, and has this to say about the pain on the surface of my tummy (after he poked me right below my belly button to indicate where I should feel pain):

That's the spot where I bunched up your muscles so your guts wouldn't fall out.

Was he joking? Could be. But he reassured me that it was normal and would go away. My pain right now is around 1 on a scale of 1-10, so it's not a bother. I'm glad i saw the dr today, though, so soon after this pain first appeared. Now I'm not so worried. Even tho he's a jokester, he's a really fine GYN -- y'all should see my incision, it's beautiful!

PattieO, guess we're in the same boat for now.

Thanks ladies!
Unread 02-27-2008, 05:25 PM
Severe Nerve Pain

I have been putting in a lot of hours at work recently. Today, there was so much lifting that I think I over did it (no time to rest today). By the time I left work I had the hot poker, burning pain in my side where my ovary would be and in my pubic mound into my upper thigh. Not near as bad as when I was recovering or how you ladies are feeling at this point in your recovery. I came home, put my feet up and I feel much better.

God bless,

bitterpill

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register