Severe Nerve Pain - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Severe Nerve Pain Severe Nerve Pain

Unread 02-27-2008, 07:35 PM
Severe Nerve Pain

Bitterpill:
How you explained your pain above, "hot poker, burning pain in my side where my ovary would be and in my pubic mound into my upper thigh" is exactly what I feel at times and I thought I was the only one feeling that (couldn't explain it better). However, it has gotten better to the point that I can walk for miles and do my exercises. Hope that one day I wake up and its gone...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2008, 09:18 PM
Severe Nerve Pain

My TVH was on Jan 21. I think my worst week was my third week and YES I did have the burning, stabbing pains too. My Dr said it was normal and that it would get better. And i'm in my 5th Post Op week and it has gotten a lot better.
Ladies just hang in there as every day and every week makes a big difference in recovery.
God Bless You ALL!!
Katrina
Unread 02-27-2008, 09:53 PM
Severe Nerve Pain

hey girls are we talking about nerve pain like in back? from surgery?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2008, 06:29 AM
Severe Nerve Pain

kitty cat 47:
I started this thread and I was referring to burning stabbing pains and nerve pain in the front by the incision area... However, I am sure many of us, myself included, have back pain also.. I refer to them as back spasms and I think they are from the back having to do the stomach muscle work as well as its own.
Unread 02-28-2008, 06:46 AM
Severe Nerve Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattieO
kitty cat 47:
I started this thread and I was referring to burning stabbing pains and nerve pain in the front by the incision area... However, I am sure many of us, myself included, have back pain also.. I refer to them as back spasms and I think they are from the back having to do the stomach muscle work as well as its own.
Hi...I had a DaVinci lap surgery...my doctor had warned me that starting about the 2nd or 3rd week I would feel, burning, stabbing, almost like sandpaper rubbing on skin, feeling as this is when the nerve endings are healing and reawakening...it made sense, and I was grateful she warned me as I was not surprised when I experienced them...sometimes they stopped me dead in my tracks, but would taper off quickly...they came and went for a few weeks......now almost 6 months later I still have tender spots right above bladder??..tender to touch, but nothing so uncomfortable that I need meds....hopefully this is what you are experiencing....hope you feel better soon
Unread 02-28-2008, 03:05 PM
Severe Nerve Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi883
Bitterpill:
How you explained your pain above, "hot poker, burning pain in my side where my ovary would be and in my pubic mound into my upper thigh" is exactly what I feel at times and I thought I was the only one feeling that (couldn't explain it better). However, it has gotten better to the point that I can walk for miles and do my exercises. Hope that one day I wake up and its gone...
I thought my pains were gone I was doing so well. But, I'm putting in about 52hrs a week at work and yesterday I just lifted too much too often, today was much better.

God bless,

bitterpill
Unread 03-01-2008, 10:02 PM
Severe Nerve Pain

I had that pain also and even sometimes get a sharp pinching pain. It does subside but it takes awhile for your body to heal. Hang in there.

Michelle
tah

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register