Yellowish colored discharge and urine odor? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Yellowish colored discharge and urine odor? Yellowish colored discharge and urine odor?

Unread 02-27-2008, 01:52 PM
Yellowish colored discharge and urine odor?

Well good news...it's just an infection. Doctor says that some women just have a reaction to the stitches during healing and that's what I'm dealing with. My discharge is not draining well enough, sitting in there and getting foul smelling. Hopefully antibiotics will clear up all the internal 'gunk'. I go back in another 2 weeks to check on it all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2008, 02:07 PM

Good for you Missmarie, glad you found out what it was. Hopefully it will clear up soon.
Unread 02-27-2008, 02:19 PM

So happy to hear that missmarie!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2008, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellacat
oh geesh!, I have the exact same thing going on.... I tend to actually leak anywhere from 1 -3 x a day/night, discharge is wet and strong odor!
last I asked the doc, after my 2 week appt. he said it was fluid draining from surgery.

I also have vaginal stitches and wonder if they would cause the leaking and stench as they dissolve.... hmm... guess we all kinda stink eh? (lol)

You got me thinking. I bet it IS the stitches dissolving. Earlier I paid more attention (I know TMI, but I have to tell) to the smell of my urine and it was the normal smell, so it's got to be the stitches dissolving and the draining process. I was smelling what was on my panty liners. The smell was so strong! Gosh this stinks!! (sorry no pun intended) *LOL* I didn't actually pay attention to what the urine alone smelled like. So I feel better now. I think I will call my doctor tomorrow to make sure though.

At my two week post-op appointment he did tell me that I might see things on my panty liners that look like ring worm and not to be alarmed. He said it's just the stitches. How gross is that? (Just thought I'd throw that in there in case this happens to anyone else).
Unread 02-27-2008, 02:45 PM

SassyCat...I was second guessing myself about what it was that I was actually smelling too. A hidden camera in my bathroom would have revealed a 'freak' trying to figure out what's going on with her own body. I have seen stitches or what I thought were stitches on my panty liners too. Today when being examined (poked and prodded) a stitch came out on the swab. It was larger than I thought. Wow. Doctor said it's such a moist area and I've just had a reaction to the stitches and the drainage. It's worth a call and quick visit if all you maybe need is some antibiotics. At least it would be good to know. I am also supposed to douche with a vinegar and water douche to clean things out a little and take warm baths.
Unread 02-27-2008, 03:03 PM

missmarie,

I thought myself that I was some kind of freak doing this too! But we have to know. I remember thinking "What the heck am I doing?" *LOL*

I will for sure call the doctor tomorrow. I am still a bit concerned and I really need to know if this is normal or not.
Unread 02-27-2008, 03:07 PM

SassyCat....
Let me know how it goes. Good luck!!
Unread 02-27-2008, 03:40 PM

Gosh yes.. i am 3 weeks post op tomorrow. And i ALWAYS have a yucky smell and wet liner. It is nasty -almost a sickening sweet smell. I passed two internal sutures last week (at 2 weeks) and then had bright red blood for 2 days. After i stayed in bed a day it all stopped -- the bright red. Now back to the yellowy watery smelly stuff. I wish it would stop!!!
Unread 02-29-2008, 06:48 AM

SassyCat...how are you doing?
I've not even been on antibiotics for 48 hours and the nasty smell is gone already. I still have discharge but it has slowed a little bit...that didn't bother me near as much as the smell.
It's amazing how long it takes all that internal stuff to heal.
Was feeling pretty good yesterday and did light housework for a bulk of the day...today I am sore...my arms, legs, butt...you'd think I ran a marathon. Boy am I out of shape!
Unread 02-29-2008, 05:04 PM

Well I'm slow to share this bit of information but I'm 6mths postop & every month like a cycle I cramp & spot for 2 days just like before surgery & the spotting is dark brown. At my 6 mth follow up the doc was surprised. Says it could be granulation tissue and spoke of possible cauterization. I feel alot better after surgery I have more energy. It's just those few days out the month that concern me and the possiblity of tampering with my "playground" again to put it nicely. I had a partial hysterectomy, fibroids & endometriosis removed, remaining ovary was drilled. Let me hear from you...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register