Mad, Scared, Another Surgery - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Mad, Scared, Another Surgery Mad, Scared, Another Surgery

Unread 02-27-2008, 02:13 PM
Mad, Scared, Another Surgery

Tara,

Hugs to you. I just had my second big surgery due to complications so I completely empathize with what you are going through.

Please hang in there and I hope that what they find is a piece of cake (comparatively) to fix.

Starbgirl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2008, 06:28 PM

Wow Tara...what a story! I thought my having a grapefruit sized cyst instead of a 7.7 cm one was crazy. I would be so darned mad! But...you need to concentrate on you right now! Is there a chance he could look laparoscopically and perhaps see if what's going on can be handled that way? And just change over to a laparotomy if it can't? That's what they did with me. I came just a hair within having a laparatomy, but like you, I have an AWESOME doctor. :dr: I love him to death and wouldn't trade him for anything. This is my third surgery with him. He joked that he was dismantling me one piece at a time after my surgery last week. He's really great...I wish all women had doctors as good as ours!

Unread 03-03-2008, 07:44 PM

My primary physician is male and he called me at home after my surgery as he was away the day of my surgery and said I took off to soon the next day and was gone when he stopped in.

Its too bad that all doctors aren't as caring etc as others.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-05-2008, 05:25 PM

He is going to keep it (or at least try to keep it) laparoscopic. I've done my research though, and won't be surprised if he has to change it over. I'm just ready to know what's really going on in there, and get rid of it.

I'm glad I have a doctor that doesn't make me feel like it's all in my head. He was the one that mentioned scar tissue to me. From what I've read, a lot of doctors don't think scar tissue/adhesions cause the pain that they do. Well, I so beg to differ!

I wonder if he'd take some pics for me. Is there a way for them to do that from the monitor? That'd be kind of neat.

At this point, I don't really care what happens during the surgery, as long as the pain is found and taken care of. I was worried about time off. Used the majority of my sick pay with the hyst. Good think my work has a special program to where your coworkers can donate some of their time to you for your needs. I've done it, so I can only hope that the favor would be returned. If not, it won't be so bad. We'll just have to do some cut backs for a few weeks. Wouldn't really be hurting too bad.

Kind of nervous right now. My history and physical with my primary is tomorrow. Just means it's getting closer now. They're now going to try for the 12th or the 19th for the surgery.
Unread 03-05-2008, 05:51 PM

Tara,

Do you mean pictures on the ultrasound or of the surgery? I have pictures of my "grapefruit." My doctor proudly showed them to me in recovery...ick! I'm very glad that thing is out of me!
Unread 03-05-2008, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otessa
Tara,

Do you mean pictures on the ultrasound or of the surgery? I have pictures of my "grapefruit." My doctor proudly showed them to me in recovery...ick! I'm very glad that thing is out of me!
I'd like to see pictures of the actual surgery. I know it sounds gross, but to see what was actually going on, would be kind of neat. Things like that are kind of graphic, but from the stuff I've seen come thru the ER, I'm sure a picture is nothing. I watched a couple of laps on that one website, and it was kind of interesting.
Unread 03-06-2008, 10:17 AM

Quote:
I came just a hair within having a laparatomy, but like you, I have an AWESOME doctor. :dr: I love him to death and wouldn't trade him for anything. This is my third surgery with him. He joked that he was dismantling me one piece at a time after my surgery last week. He's really great...I wish all women had doctors as good as ours!
I had the same experience last May, Otessa. Once my doctor got in there, he found out the cyst was much larger than the ultrasound had said it was and that there was a lot of fluid. He told my husband that it was so large, he wasn't sure he could continue laparoscopically, but he decided he just couldn't bear to cut me open and leave me with a nasty incision (and later scar). Bless his heart, he did it!

Quote:
I have pictures of my "grapefruit." My doctor proudly showed them to me in recovery...ick! I'm very glad that thing is out of me!
My husband is still traumatized by those pictures. The doctor came out after surgery and presented the pictures to him and he just about passed out. I'm afraid he didn't share my doctor's enthusiasm for the gore. My doctor was pretty proud of those pics -- he must have shown them to me at every follow-up the first couple of months.

Quote:
I'm glad I have a doctor that doesn't make me feel like it's all in my head. He was the one that mentioned scar tissue to me. From what I've read, a lot of doctors don't think scar tissue/adhesions cause the pain that they do. Well, I so beg to differ!
That definitely is a blessing, sweetbeetle. My doctor thought I might have adhesions on the left too. Of course, an ultrasound just showed some other things going on, so now we are dealing with that as a cause of pain.

Best of luck to you, sweetbeetle. I hope that all goes well and you will be out of pain soon!
Unread 03-06-2008, 10:31 AM

I had a very elderly gentleman from church talk once about God takes care of babes and fools and I am too old to be a babe! True in my case as well I suppose because I just met my Gyn from a referral of my primary for the purpose of this procedure. But she has been very thorough and kind through all the ups and downs so I guess I am just blessed! Can't imagine how much worse this would have been if my doc had been a problem too. I am so sorry you had this problem with support personnel/information for your doc and hope you are on the right road now which is what is important in the end. Best wishes to you!
Unread 03-06-2008, 03:07 PM

I went and saw my primary today. He says (we'll just call him doc.) "Doc wants to scope you, and I have to say I agree with him. Whether minor or severe, we have to find out what is causing you all this pain." They are exactly alike! I have to say I'm glad to have such concerned physicians. He tried to call my gyn while talking with me so we'd all be on the same page, but he was with a patient. One of them is going to call me after they talk. Looks like we are definatly trying for the 12th. Primary also told me it won't be an outpatient. See I had that PE after my hyst, and he says he's old fashion and won't release me from the hospital until my blood levels are staying level. I'll be started on the lovenox injections, and "observed" until he feels ok about sending me home. Hmmm. Somebody better be buying me a laptop, or I'll go nuts!
Unread 03-06-2008, 03:20 PM

I'll keep you in my prayers Tara. Everything will work out just fine.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register