Rectocele frustrations | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Rectocele frustrations Rectocele frustrations

Unread 02-27-2008, 11:21 AM
Unhappy - Rectocele frustrations Rectocele frustrations

I had rectocele repair and TVH on 1-08-08 and am so frustrated over the last few days! I still have lots of rectal discomfort, lower back discomfort and a "crampy type feeling that seems to get worse unpredictably and never completely goes away. I am 7 weeks post op and am just wondering if anyone else was still feeling this way this long after the repair. I saw my MD at 6 weeks post op and she said all was fine and call if things aren't better in 1 mth but I am really staring to worry I will never feel "right again".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2008, 08:02 PM
Rectocele frustrations

smileeone--

Recovery from posterior repairs seems to take longer than we expect. If you look at the thread just below this one on this forum's main page, you will see that it took up to a year for one Hyster Sister to fullly recover from her rectocele and perineal repair. Please be patient with yourself and keep asking your Dr. questions if things do not feel right to you. There are things such as pelvic floor therapy and other things like medications that can be taken when pain is still a problem.

Sending a and extra good vibes.......
Unread 02-28-2008, 03:12 PM
Rectocele frustrations

Hi, Smileeone. I am the one Deb is referring to and it took me a really long time to feel good again. Don't rush yourself! There will be a day when you feel like yourself again , only better. I am so glad I had it done. It just took awhile for all the tissue to heal.

Hang in there!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2008, 06:14 AM
Rectocele frustrations

I agree with Deb and Kathie. I've had several rectocele repairs and found that it certainly takes much longer than the Dr's standard six week recovery prediction. I found that even once I started feeling better if I did too much, was on my feet too much or lifted anything I had increasing discomfort/pain. It's still early for you to expect complete recovery, give yourself somemore time.
Michelle

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register