vaginal burning postop of lavh | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

vaginal burning postop of lavh vaginal burning postop of lavh

Unread 02-27-2008, 03:16 PM
vaginal burning postop of lavh

I had a lavh on june 21, 2007. I have had this vaginal burning for 7 months and have been to 3 doctors. First it was a yeast infection, then they put me on vagifem which works for a couple days but the burning returns. Then i was on estrogen cream. I can't do HRT cause of my breast cancer. I am 42 yrs old i had a mastectomy in 2003 and a complete lavh in 2007. I am at my wits end. Can anybody shed light or give me any direction. PLEASE HELP!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2008, 04:17 PM

did the dr do a vaginal swab and check for bacterial vaginitis? i had a lot of burning with that...and ended up using metrogel a few times and flagyl. its finally cleared up but the burning was terrible.
also, if the burning is from dryness, you can try an over the counter product like replens.
hope you feel better really soon.
Unread 02-27-2008, 07:36 PM

Thank you! My dr. did not check for bacterial vaginitis but i am going to ask him to. I have never experienced anything like this in my life. It actually stops your world and everything revolves around this burning. It feels like a "sunburn" in my vagina! Isn't that crazy! Thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-28-2008, 12:37 PM

Hello,
I had my surgery oct 07. I developed a uti after I got home and the pain and burning hasn't stopped. I took many doctor visits and er visits to finally diagnose me with vulvar vestibulitis. I am currently taking neurontin,elavil along with my vagifem and vivelle dot patch. I use lidocaine jelly and premarin cream for the outside to ease the pain. I was told to quit wearing blue jeans, which I always wear to work as I sit down all day. It has made a difference wearing knit pants and loose sweat pants. I am still inflammed and I still have some pain, but not as severe. I am scheduled for pelvic physical therapy soon. My doctor said my pelvic muscles are very tight up inside and that has a lot to do with the pain cycle. I blame my situation on the catheter used in the hospital. I kept telling the nurses that I was in a lot of pain with the catheter. After about 8hrs they finally took it out. I feel it was put in me wrong and the bacteria that set in caused my situation. Check the websites for vulvar pain and you will see that a lot of women suffer from this and that it takes months to years for it to go away. I am praying my situation will go away very soon. I am glad to say my hot flashes have stopped and I am not crying everyday like I was doing before I got on the hormones. Hope everyone feels better soon. thanks.
Unread 02-28-2008, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christay08
Thank you! My dr. did not check for bacterial vaginitis but i am going to ask him to. I have never experienced anything like this in my life. It actually stops your world and everything revolves around this burning. It feels like a "sunburn" in my vagina! Isn't that crazy! Thanks again
good luck..i had mine for quite awhile before i had him check. i kept using over the counter products..what a mistake. just 7 days of meds and i was all cleared up. it even burned with i peed...not like a uti, my urine burned the irritated area. i really hope you get some answers soon. you can also ask the dr to check your vaginal ph to see if that is off. that can cause infections.
Unread 03-04-2008, 07:46 PM

I just thank god that I found some else with these problems now i have some hope of what might be going on with me I have had many doc visits because of this Ive explained that it burns really bad as tho I was being burned down there and my doc just gives me a look like Iam dumb or something Iam going in for a second opinion the end of march and Iam going to ask my doc about this Iam not going to stop till I get a answer and treament that will help ... Since before LAVH It was fine and Sex life was great. Just very upset with doc at this point
Unread 03-06-2008, 05:56 PM

God bless ya. I am going on Tuesday to the dr. and i am not leaving until i know what is wrong with me. I had this burning for 9 LONG GRUELING months and i can't take it anymore. I can not even have sex. i will let you know how i made out. Keep your fingers crossed. Thanks

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register