New and have questions . . . - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New and have questions . . . New and have questions . . .

Unread 07-27-2001, 04:47 AM
New and have questions . . .

Hi, Mary Beth!

Well, you sound great! I'm so glad you had your questions answered and that you are feeling more comfortable. It's SO important to feel comfortable with your doctor.

So sorry to hear of your brother's recent procedures. Watching someone close to you go through that really puts the cancer scare into you, and I can understand why you would say that you really, really, really don't want to go through that. Well, just three weeks away for you and you'll have your crown and you'll be rid of those bad cells! Godd luck in your preparations and keep letting us know how you are doing!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-27-2001, 05:17 AM

G'day Marybeth, as they say down here in Australia

It is good to hear that the doctor is doing all he can to get those nasty cells. Cancer is the pits, I HATE IT.... but somehow when you are diagnosed you seem to get the strength to cope. Sometimes it is hard but it can be beat. Just look at all of us.

Best of luck and I am glad that you are posting here as well as pre- op, there is a wealth of support on both forums. We are with you Marybeth, every step of the way, much love x x x
Unread 07-27-2001, 11:16 PM

Thank you Cyd, Jeanine and Robyn! Still have my ups and downs, but I started taking a walk every morning and that has really helped. I have been seeing some really beautiful things each day and that really lifts my spirits. While it is certainly hot (upper 90's F) each day, Texas truly is a beautiful part of the country to live. And, in the early morning, it's still in the mid-70's F.

I am trying to get myself in better shape before I go through this. I know it's only three weeks away, but I figured every little bit helps. I am even going to start the post-op exercises now so I can get the feel for them without the pain. I am trying to strengthen everything ahead of time. I hope it won't be a case of too little, too late.

Thanks again -- Anyone think "flip-flops" are OK for the hospital or will they be hard to keep on? I am taking socks too, just in case. Take care and appreciate y'all being there!

And, just for laughs:

A reporter was interviewing a 104 year-old woman: "And what
do you think is the best thing about being 104?"

She simply replied, "No peer pressure."

HA - HA - HA - HA!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-28-2001, 06:40 AM

Mary Beth,
You sound so much better now. A lot of us have heard the cancer word and it is very scary. But like Robyn said, we find strength to cope. I am glad you have a very conservative doctor. Mine is too, and I bless her everyday for that. Take care of yourself, and you will be in my prayers.
Jean
Unread 07-28-2001, 08:04 PM

Jean,

Thanks for the reply and encouragement. But especially, thanks for the prayers. I am originally from Cleveland, Ohio. We moved last year to Texas. In fact, I had family in Huber Hts., Ohio.

Dayton is beautiful. You don't get near the bad winters we did in Cleveland.

I'm encouraged by each one of our sisters at this site.

Thanks again and God Bless!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register