2nd thoughts due to too much research - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2nd thoughts due to too much research 2nd thoughts due to too much research

Unread 02-29-2008, 11:57 AM
2nd thoughts due to too much research

Dear Tara,
It sounds like your doctors are being very thorough and you are in excellent hands! I think that is a good thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-29-2008, 12:26 PM

Sweetbeetle-- I TOTALLY understand your feelings. I had six surgeries years ago prior to my TAH/BSO. In some they found endo and in others they found scar tissue as well as extensive other things. However, my biggest fear with the hysterectomy was that they would go to the waiting room after the surgery and tell my family, "Gosh, we don't know what she was complaining about. We looked around and didn't find anything wrong with her. It must be in her head!" I even told my doctor that the day before the surgery and he assured me he would never say that. The surgery came and the doctor found a lot of things causing the pain and assures me it will all be a distant memory in a few months.

Go with your gut feeling (no pun intended!) on this one and don't let the internet stories scare you. You know your body better than anyone else and you know your pain.
Unread 02-29-2008, 07:55 PM

I'm feeling so much better. (mentally that is!) I did a search on here for adhesions, and came across a post from one of the hostesses that had a link with all this wonderful information. Now I just wish I could find it again.

I am so sure that it is adhesions causing my pain now. I'm not so worried about anyone telling me that it's all in my head. (If I know my gyn, he'd NEVER tell a patient that anyway.) There was soooo much good information on there, I'm hoping that someone will post the link again so others can find it.

My symptoms are pulling, pinching, aching, stabbing, cramping, etc. You name it, I feel it. From what I've read, they all could be from adhesions. Now I'm getting anxious to get some relief! Just wanted to let you all know.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-29-2008, 10:26 PM

Dear Sweetbeetle
Would the site be one of the articles down toward the bottom?? in the PreOP category?? Hope you find it again and will be praying for you!

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/view_pre.htm
Unread 03-01-2008, 03:21 PM

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/showthread.php?t=19427

Could it be this one? This is an article on adhesions I read yesterday.
Unread 03-01-2008, 09:00 PM

Ok, I found it.

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/lin...o=browse&cid=5

Let me tell you what I've learned tonight. I have learned that it does not pay to be stubborn, hard headed, and thinking that I don't need help.

I work 12 hour days. Today a new girl was training and I did most of the running around while the boss trained her at the desk. (I do registrations in ER, chasing ambulances and such.) As stubborn as I am, as I felt pain I would just sit for a minute, then get a new patient, do more running, a never ending cycle. I thought I could keep the pain under control if I just sat every so often. Well, as you would expect, you don't get to sit much in the ER. After doing this for six hours, and not telling my boss, I got to the point where I doubled over in pain and started crying. I had seen my gyn's car outside, so I was just going to wait for him to walk by on his way out. My boss ended up calling OB and asking for him, and wouldn't you know it, I missed him.

Well, my boss was pretty mad that I didn't mention how much pain I was in, and made me go out to my car to have a cigarette. (yes, I'm a smoker) She said that while I was out there, I needed to page him, and if I didn't, she was going to. Well, at this point, there was no way I wasn't going to page him. His PA was on call, and she called me back and said she was going to call me in a prescription, then she called me back again and said "Did you say you were having surgery?" I told her yes, and she said never mind she was going to page him and have him talk to me. So, he called and I asked if he was going to say I told you so, and he says "Why? Are you having pain?" LOL Here I am, bawling in my car, smoking, and regretting ever turning down the pain meds to begin with. He called in some Vicodin. I've taken two, and am going to bed in a few.

I've decided, I will never try to be "hard" and not take what is offered to me. It doesn't pay to suffer through this. He knew this, but I didn't listen.

I called my mom, and she was aggrivated with me. I could tell in her voice. I don't know why I am the way I am, but I'm not doubting my doctors anymore. They do know what's best for me, and I'm kicking myself for letting it get this bad. I have the best, and I mean best, doctors, yet I sill refuse the help that "they" know I need.

Anyway, that's my story for tonight. My advice is to not be like me. Take the help when it's offered.
Unread 03-03-2008, 07:28 AM

sweetbeetle -

I also learned not to be a toughie through this. I sure hope you have a more pain free day today. I hope your next surgery fixes things for you.

Hugs,

Starbgirl
Unread 03-03-2008, 03:06 PM

Tara
I'm so sorry that you were in such pain. I can relate to trying to be strong and trying to just work thru it. It is not worth it. I have been there, done that, way toooo many times. Lessons are sometimes learned the hard way. I finally wised up and realized my mind may be stronger than my body is. I have learned to listen to what my body is trying to tell me. Do take care and take it easy. Sounds like you are in good hands and have lots of people around you who care and are looking out for you.
Unread 03-03-2008, 03:37 PM

My suggestion to you is to trust your intuition or gut feelings on this. You know your body better then you realize. I had laporscopic when I was only 20 years old..21 years ago to look for endometriosis. Today, I am 2 weeks post op TAH.
This hysterectomy came at me with very little warning signs. I had severe abdominal pains and went to ER, where a tumor was discovered. 2 weeks later I am having TAH. My female organ health history supported this decision as I have suffered from this issue or that issue since I was 14. The info you find on the internet can be overwhelming, I know. I had 2 weeks to discover what to expect with a TAH and HRT. A solid relationship with your Dr is just as important as trusting yourself. I send you prayers that you find your way and trust your decision and your Dr's advice & guidance. They say it is better to be informed and uncomfortable rather then uninformed and comfortable. You can & will find your way through this~I wish you all the best on your journey, whatever you decide may you feel at peace with your decisions.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register