I just POOPED!!! ((shouting from rooftop)) - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I just POOPED!!! ((shouting from rooftop)) I just POOPED!!! ((shouting from rooftop))

Unread 03-03-2008, 08:26 AM
I just POOPED!!! ((shouting from rooftop))

ME TOO!!! After a week of playing chemist - I gave up and went the enema route and FINALLY!!!! Yesterday was a bad day that I spendt a lot of time in bed but at least I got that done.

And this morning, I actually did it without any fuss, no cramping, no straining, no bleeding and no pain. It's like I just needed that first uncomfortable one done.

However, I did start Milk of Magnesia last night, so maybe that's it? Nothing else was working, so there is a suggestion for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2008, 09:21 AM

WoooooHoooooo

We are just a bunch of happy poppin sisters.

I have went a few time since that first post but, each one was with pain & spotting. Till this morning. I actually went without much discomfort.

I know this may sound strange but, it feels like my bowels are still connected to all the parts that got worked on. they had removed some adheasions & stuff but, even if I have gas, it feels like it moves EVERYTHING else at the same time.

I am still doing the stool softeners though. Will probly do those for a while. Just to keep things moving smoothly!

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!!!
Unread 03-03-2008, 11:34 AM

I started bleeding after my third (and softest) BM. I thought that maybe I strained. When I was still bleeding the next morning I called the doctor.

We think the timing is just coincidence and that my bleeding is normal post-op discharge.

Its about a tablespoon or two every 6 hours, watery blood. I've been bleeding for 4 or 5 days now.

Bugs me that I have to wear pantiliners again, but I know the day when I can get rid of all these menstrual products is going to come soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2008, 01:22 PM

I know how you all feel! I had surgery on Feb. 6th and did not have a bowel movement on my own until March 3rd! I had to do the enema thing at 2 weeks because I was miserable! Went to the doctor at 2 weeks he gave me a prescription for something to help get the bowels moving again. I had several green bowel movements and then on March 3rd a normal bowel movement! I hope things continue normal on their own. I was getting really scare - every thing was coming out green!
Unread 03-04-2008, 03:40 PM

ROTFL...OMG, this is too funny...only because we all understand

Glad it all 'worked out' for you..
Unread 03-04-2008, 09:08 PM

JoAnn - I totally understand the frustration in needing the pantiliners again! I started [spotting to light bleeding enough for light pad some days] needing them again at 2.5 weeks and it kept up just enough to be annoying for 5-6 weeks! I had follow-up appts during this time and was told 'it is normal' but was cauterized trying to stop it at 8 weeks.

And we ALL do know the joy going gives post-op! You are among friends!
Unread 03-05-2008, 09:12 AM

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!
I swear thats the worst of my who surgery.........its like *****yes*******
know i cant quit.....its like my bowels work better than they ever did.....go figure....whats that all about...you will feel so much better as days to come also.......
Unread 03-05-2008, 01:10 PM

Congratulations! I love all the emoticons, they are hystersisterical!
Unread 03-05-2008, 02:30 PM

OK Yall,

still poopin but still HURTING, I am soooo gas-ey.

Have my first post-op appt. tomorrow morning and get to make sure things are movin right along.

Just having that strange ((LOWER RIGHT SIDE PAIN)) that I keep hearing about. it only really bothers me when I walk too much.

Oh well. It is getting better though!
Unread 03-05-2008, 08:42 PM
Suggestions for Going Potty!!

I of course had the same issue; I was told if I hadn't gone three days after surgery to use an enema. I did and it was the worst pain!! At least an 8-9 on the scale. After that I wanted to go, but couldnt' cause I was afraid of the pain. I went to the health food store and she said try Laci LeBeau Super Dieter's Tea. It's got senna in it and didn't cramp my stomach or anything!!

So liberating!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register