nearly 3 mos post op with incision bulge ? hernia (update) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

nearly 3 mos post op with incision bulge ? hernia (update) nearly 3 mos post op with incision bulge ? hernia (update)

Unread 03-01-2008, 06:51 PM
nearly 3 mos post op with incision bulge ? hernia (update)

I'm nearly 3 mos post op, i still have this bulge above my incision and it hurts esp. by the evening
I did get it checked once before.. but that was immediately after surgery.. like week 3 or something.
I hate to bother my doc with this, but i don't know, it's bothering me. Does anyone else have this?
I remember a post way back but... i can't remember what the problem was.

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2008, 09:05 PM

I had the same bulge from my belly button to my incision for about 4 months. When I went back to work and resumed most of my activities that is where most of my pain was. I asked my doc and he said probably scar tissues and that I was probably being too active. It is gone now but I have accepted that my belly will never be quite the same!
Unread 03-01-2008, 09:22 PM

[quote=itsme01]I'm nearly 3 mos post op, i still have this bulge above my incision and it hurts esp. by the evening

Am the same week as you - have the same thing. It's a roll between belly button and above incision. The skin is tender on the right hand side and still numb. Was thinking it was still swelly belly but am wondering if it is just fat and the nerves in the skin are still healing -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2008, 12:04 AM

It took a while, but I'm past all that now. When I first went back to work, a warm pack (or a cool pack) made it feel better.
Unread 03-02-2008, 01:44 AM

Im glad to see im not the only one who has a question about that im almost 2mos and i thought i had an infection bc it still hurts, not the incision but about 2in above the cut yet the skin has no feeling my scar is healing but theres a knot thats growing but i guess its normal?i just thought i should be feeling okay by now
Unread 03-02-2008, 02:06 AM

This is my first TAH and hopefully my last LoL, so I don't know much about long term healing on this one yet, but I do know from past laproscopies and lapendecomy that there are some little spots arought the incisions that take longer to heal as far as the numbness and such. For the long term, ice at the end of the day seemed to help with the swelling before.

If you try ice or something else and it still does not help call your dr even if it just to ease your mind. We do our best healing when our mind is at peace.

Good luck

Michelle
Unread 03-09-2008, 07:54 AM
the bump

I'm 3 mos post op tah/bso. I've had this lump/bump above my incision practically since my surgery. It's painful, especially at night after working all day.
I got it checked by my PCP and she said it's very "hernia-like" and I have to have an ultrasound.

Has anyone else had a hernia? What did they do for it? GOSH.. i cannot and do not want to have any more surgeries... i DO have to work, here and have enough issues to deal with. UGGGGHHH.. sorry for venting

Take care all

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register