help knock some sense into me!! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

help knock some sense into me!! help knock some sense into me!!

Unread 03-03-2008, 08:12 AM
help knock some sense into me!!

<knocks some sense into LTR>

LOL Did it work??

~Sass
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-03-2008, 11:25 AM

I think we all are different and everryone at work seems suprised at how well I am doing at 6 weeks. So did my regular Dr ven though I am fighting something unknown infection he said I looked very good for being this close to surgury but I tell you I had to go back to work or go crazy! all I can do is listen to my body and do what I can I drive a school bus so dispatch is being relly nice if I feel tired I just have to let them know but the walk from my car to my bus is awful! So dont rush the walking it took me til 5 weeks to walk upright and I had a LAVH.
Unread 03-03-2008, 02:06 PM

Thanks everyone for your words of wisdom!

I feel like I definitely have had a lot of sense knocked back into me. :-)

I feel good about how I'm handling my recovery after all that you said. I do feel like I'm improving as time goes on, and so I know that is a sign that I'm doing something right.

Thanks for all your encouragement!! This surgery experience has helped me learn a lot about patients!

Take care everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2008, 11:17 AM
Knock some sense into me!!!

Hi Ladies:

I had my surgery almost 4 months ago. I realize that at 3 weeks you are getting very restless and you want to do things for yourself and start getting active.

I know at this point somedays it was one step forward and 2 steps back as well. You need to HEAL. I have heard stories about some of the things that have happened to women who don't allow themselves the time to do this properly. Including needing more surgery!

The next 3 weeks will start to go faster and enjoy your time. I know you are worried about walking for a long period of time but start at 10 minutes a few minutes a day and if you are worried about over doing it...Set a timer and stick to the timer! The doctor gives everyone the same guidelines but it is better to err on the side of caution then to do something to cause more problems.

Good Luck with your healing.
Unread 03-09-2008, 11:58 AM

Hi,

I am only 5 days post-op and can relate to LTR. I have always been active and now, doing only have the activities i did before is driving me crazy. I had a LAVH and my external stitches have already dissolved and by looking, you wouldn't even know that I have had surgery. I need to listen to my body and only do what feels right for ME.

I put sticky notes on my mirrors (upstairs bedroom and bathrooms) that reads 'even though you don't see it, your healing inside'. At least that way, I remind myself that I am far from being recovered.

Only you know what your body can handle and don't worry about anyone else...........I have read and heard to many stories about setbacks because they pushed themselves. Just pace yourself and you'll be back in full swing before you know it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register