Adhesion Advice Wanted | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Adhesion Advice Wanted Adhesion Advice Wanted

Unread 03-02-2008, 05:37 AM
Adhesion Advice Wanted

Friday I had a meeting with my oncologist.. The assistant came in and took vitals, etc. and I asked about adhesions.
How would we know if we did something that would cause them... She said they occur anytime we do surgery and it was more "individualistic" as to whether they would be severe or not... Not based on activity but on healing aspects of the individual... This is contrary to everything I have heard here...
Please tell me your experiences...and give me your Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2008, 05:48 AM
Adhesion Advice Wanted

I'm going through this right now. Last night I was in soooo much pain, I called my gyn crying. My doc said it is different for everyone, and the extent of the previous surgery. He said I couldn't have prevented them. We won't know how bad it is until I go in for my lap to have it cleaned out. All I know, is that I really didn't think the pain could get as bad as it got last night, but I guess if their tangled up in everything, then it's going to be painful. GL to you.
Unread 03-02-2008, 11:53 AM
Adhesion Advice Wanted

I had my LSH because of adheasions. I had pain from C-sections the last two years and it really got bad (severe)after Thankgiving. My ultra-sound showed that my uterus was pushed out of place, my ovaries were encased and I had some bladder damage as well. I'm 4 1/2 weeks out and I still have pelvic pain. I'm so worried that this surgery didn't end all that bad stuff. I go to see the Dr. this week. I'm anxious to see what she has to say.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2008, 01:08 PM
Adhesion Advice Wanted

menoherone:
Please post again when you get done with your appt. How fast can they develop? My left side feels drastically different from my right.
Unread 03-02-2008, 01:38 PM
Adhesion Advice Wanted

I had 3 C-sections. In between each one the Dr. would tell me how much "scar tissue" my body made. It took longer to deliver each baby. My youngest is 11 1/2. My pain first started about 5 yrs ago. My OB just told me I was "getting older" and that the pain was normal. He gave me meds to mask it. About 2 yrs ago I decided to visit a female mid-wife and she felt my pain was due to the adhesions. We tried a lot of different things (Evening Primrose Oil, Birth Control, herbal supplements...) nothing really seemed to help. I use to get pain whenever I ovulated and the week before my period. The last couple of months the pain-free days got further and fewer. Around Thanksgiving the bottom dropped out and I was in severe pain all the time. I was referred to the Dr. She suggested the LSH and had me on percocet until the surgery. Like I said before, I'm 4 1/2 wks out and I still have pain. Some is surgery pain but some is the "old pain". I'm hoping it will all go away soon. I'm still taking over the counter pain meds around the clock. I really can't get by without them.
Unread 03-02-2008, 01:55 PM
the thing that scares me the most...

...Is the adhesions. I have had two csections, fibriods removed and twice had endometriosis burned off. With my last c-section I had my tubes tied and the doc said I had many problems with scar tissue attaching things. It makes me nervous that it will happen now. I am having a really hard time not picking up my one year old who is used to me being his main caregiver. My six year old understands, but it is making me sad and crazy, not helping more. But I am afraid I will do too much and get adhesions. Good luck to you.

LAVH two weeks ago.
Unread 03-02-2008, 02:21 PM
Adhesion Advice Wanted

I'm going through this now also. My doctor thinks I have adhesions. I'm having a lot of pain on the left. I think that the assistant is probably correct in saying that the individual's past medical history and healing can figure into their formation. I know that when I saw my doctor last week, he named off at least 5 different past medical procedures and diagnoses from my chart that could contribute to adhesions. I'm going for an ultrasound and a follow-up this week and will know more then.
Unread 03-02-2008, 02:27 PM
Adhesion Advice Wanted

I read where one women had adhesions that were pressing on the nerves in her back and one that was having problems with her colon because of them. They can really cause some damage as well as the pain. It scares me also. I've been really, really careful and taking my time with my healing process. I know I rushed into things a lot faster after having my c-sections. If I only knew than what I know now.
Unread 03-02-2008, 02:49 PM
Adhesion Advice Wanted

I had a ovarian torsion on my right ovary 7 years ago and had to have emergency surgery to untangle it (they did save it) but it has hurt on and off ever since and my dr. did a second surgery on it 5 years ago and said that it had adhesions and that it why I always feel it but that the adhesions had spread to my fallium tube and that was why it was worse. Now I have had this TAH with the Oophectomy of both tubes and the left Ovary they once again have saved the right Ovary, in order to try and avoid early menopause. This poor Ovary must look so sad after everything it has been through. Since the surgery I have not felt anything specific pain wise from the right side so I think they have been able to do something to relieve the adhesions, Nitrate on the Ovary or something but we will see. I will ask my Dr. when I see him on the 11th and post back.

Michelle

TAH, Oophectomy left Ovary
Unread 03-02-2008, 02:53 PM
Adhesion Advice Wanted

Back again!

As soon as I entered that last post above I felt a twinge of pain where My right Ovary is, You know I did!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is what happens and I double cross myself.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register