Steri-Strips (12 days post op) When will they "fall off" - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Steri-Strips (12 days post op) When will they "fall off" Steri-Strips (12 days post op) When will they "fall off"

Unread 03-11-2008, 06:56 PM
Steri-Strips (12 days post op) When will they "fall off"

How funny. I am 6 days post op- and starting to wonder why there were still so stuck! I guess I have a way to go!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2008, 08:37 PM

My dr pulled mine off today and I am 12 post-op.
Unread 03-13-2008, 10:43 AM

my post-op instructions were to remove at 5 days, and gently wash incisions daily with soap and water, and add neosporin. I removed it at 6 days just in case, using the neosporin and still put a little band-aid over it - I don't like leaving it all exposed. Post-op appt is next wednesday, so I haven't seen doc since the day of surgery. Incisions look to be healing nicely, FYI - it's been 8 days since my surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2008, 07:03 PM

hi
i am three weeks post op and i just had a few that started falling off this week. i still have a couple that won't move at all. the others loosened up in the shower. i washed my incision with mild soap every time i take a shower and then i blow dry my incision. some of mine were curling before they came off and i did kind of play with them when they got loose in the shower. but i would not pull on them when they were still securely attached to the actual incision. i was afraid to pull out stitches or something. my incision looks pretty good. i do have a couple of bumps that i will massage.
blessings
Unread 03-13-2008, 09:01 PM

I am about 16 days post op. Mine were starting to curl on the edges. I had my post op appt today and she took them off. I was terrified that it would hurt so bad, but it wasn't bad at all. I had taken a shower prior to my appt as per posts here, so I think that may have loosened them up a bit. It does feel better with them off.

Thanks to those that posted to take them off after a shower!
Unread 03-13-2008, 09:35 PM

I had a LAVH/BSO & the 1st of the steri strips on my belly button started to lift about 5 days after surgery. The other 2 were stuck on firmly, but I am too much of a curious cat & lifted them gently (over a couple of days) while in the shower so they were off completely before my 1st post op check 14 days after surgery.
There were no problems with pulling on the scar line etc, but the stickiness of the steri strips was hooking on my jeans etc - better off !!
Lyn
Unread 03-14-2008, 06:44 AM

Mine are starting to curl, but I'm afraid to pull them off. I have my two week post op appointment today; I'm hoping that the doctor will remove them.
Unread 03-14-2008, 09:23 AM

My doc told me to take mine off if they hadn't started falling off by day 10. So I did. Between the smell and the shock of dealing with my incision, I almost passed out and was down for two days. But considering how well I recovered in general (I didn't even throw up), that's not the worse thing that could have happened to me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register