Anyone else more feisty post-op? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone else more feisty post-op? Anyone else more feisty post-op?

Unread 03-04-2008, 08:41 AM
Anyone else more feisty post-op?

I too have noticed a difference. I am short on patience but yet not a raving loon. I have been very short and snappy. I like it a lot better. I have kept my ovaries and have had no symptoms of any hormone problems. I think maybe it is for the first time I am not totally miserable. I was always in so much pain before never really cared what was said and definitely did not have the energy to fight back.

Well, I am better now! Sunday was testament to that. Some friends of ours with tyrant children came over and once again their youngest child started tearing down the house. Of course they think it is cute that the 4 year old climbed on top of my refrigerator to get the bananas. Well, for the first time, I took control of that child and had him in time out and then told both of them that my family and house was to be treated with respect and if they did not know what that meant then they were excused from ever visiting again.

They left! Yea!!!! I have had very polite talks with them before this but never got through. DH was laughing and telling me he wished I would have waited until they had paid back the money they owe him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2008, 08:44 AM

More evidence that the uterus contains the effective filter, and censors the inner monologue...
Unread 03-04-2008, 09:03 AM

Definitely!! I turned into a different person after this surgery and if you've not had it done, you just don't get it. The littlest things annoy me too so it's nice to know I'm not alone!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-04-2008, 01:59 PM

I was so annoyed with my kids asking me where they put something yesterday. After the third, "Where can I find the....." I lost it and told them if my uterus was the family tracking device then I was glad mine was gone and they better find a new way to locate missing items. Do you think that was too much? I love them and thank goodness they love me or they might return me to the dr and ask for the uterus to be put back!!!

Guess we will laugh thru this and not worry too much.

Libby Lou
Unread 03-04-2008, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby Lou
I was so annoyed with my kids asking me where they put something yesterday. After the third, "Where can I find the....." I lost it and told them if my uterus was the family tracking device then I was glad mine was gone and they better find a new way to locate missing items. Do you think that was too much? I love them and thank goodness they love me or they might return me to the dr and ask for the uterus to be put back!!!

Guess we will laugh thru this and not worry too much.

Libby Lou
I love it!
Unread 03-04-2008, 08:46 PM

This is great!! I also have noticed some sort of change, for the better I do believe. My oldest DD 19 yrs is driving my crazy with just the littlest things. Other than that I think that boredom has a role in this. Also we are all starting to feel good and reinvent our lives. That is exciting. I also am known as feisty. Before I would hold my tongue and now I am actually finding somewhat of the correct words to handle the situation. It is almost like I am watching another person doing this, but it is me. Coool
Unread 03-05-2008, 04:23 AM

Yes, I think I have changed for the better. I'm much calmer and don't mind saying what I think (but never rude)........my kids are seeing a happier and more loving me (not constantly but more so than before.!) Also feel more loving towards my hubby who's been a rock to me...we havn't done it yet, waiting for the six weeks to be up...hope that hasn't been affected as I've been reading some sd stories on here....apparantly Royal Macca is supposed to be the answer??
To be honest I'm sort of enjoying the time off to myself! Especially now that my energy is returning and I'm slowly getting over the raw grief of losing my lovely Dad - 24th jan 08. Today I've got a friend from work coming up and I intend to make some cakes....watch out..... :
It's Spring here in good ol' Blighty and today is lovely and Sunny...all the Daffs are out....there's a nip in the air but it's good to get rosy cheeks.... Have a good day everyone!
Unread 03-05-2008, 04:43 AM

OMG! Here I thought it was me. I have always been one to speak my mind but my poor hubby is getting the brunt. He has worn on my last nerve. He had foot surgery in Nov. and just aggravates the he## out of me. I am two weeks post op and on Estratest and he already made a comment about me being on testosterone! Guess that will be the PMS replacement? He is being inconsiderate and a big baby and I just have had to tell him, he still doesn't get it. I better find a book for him to read about women and menopause because he isn't dealing with my emotional roller coaster to well.
Unread 03-05-2008, 07:18 AM

Sonshinesas: Are you on the Estratest HS or the FS? How long have you been on it? Is it working for the symptoms ?

I am on the Estratest FS and it works great. However I started on the HS and symptoms hit full force, everyone of them at the same time.
Unread 03-05-2008, 08:40 AM

kimchris.morris: What is royal maccha?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register