Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 - Page 11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Unread 03-14-2008, 12:36 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Mary, if you go back to the home page, I think there's a link there for those who have or may have cancer ... good luck to you!! XO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2008, 02:59 PM

Had my TAH on 3/7 got home 3/9. All went very well, used the morhine self administered drip for 5 hours and decided it made me dizzy and sleepy. Opted for the pain relieving suppositiry and it was fantastic. Slept through the night when they weren't waking me to see if I was still alive! Got up the next morning after they took the catheter out and spent the day snoozing walking and peeing! Had a shower the next morning before heading home. I have since remained on the suppositiry until 3/13 day 6 when I had the 19 staples removed with only minor pinching. I was surprised to see my 3" incision is actually 9" but healing well, none the less. Yesterday and today I have been pain med free, feel great, just like being bruised and swollen. I and my body are sick of lying around, so my husband took me to the grocery store on day 5 and for a Starbuck's whoa! Life is good!
Unread 03-14-2008, 03:22 PM
day10

Hello all. Hope everyone is doing well today. I'm not sure if I have been writing in the write place or responding to someone. Anyway, I'm having an awful day. I hurt. I have a pinched nerve just below my staple line on the left side all the way down my pelvic bone. It hurts so bad! I also have a bladder infection. I want to cry... Everyone keeps say get outside & get some air & walk. Unfortunately, I have been that's what lead to where I am now. Has anyone ever had a pinched nerve on one side of their front pelvic bone??? I've had 4 babies(one c-section), total reconstruction of the pelvic vault, ablation, kidney stones removed & this. It may hurt more then any of them. I can't forget being hot all the time! I get night sweats and I'm totally sopping wet. I do get my meds adjusted but not till the 25th. Have I complained enough??? Thank you all for letting me have a place to vent... My hubby is in Kuwait & will be moving up to Baghdad soon. I've been through deployments to Iraq several other times but this time I'm tired & hurting. It makes me even more emotional. I'm trying so hard to handle everything & semi take care of 4 kids. My Mother & her husband are here helping. It's been a godsend. They just don't seem to understand & I can't really expect them to. I need to rest. Please take everyone...
Jean
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2008, 04:10 PM
Dear Jean

Hi Jean,
Things will get better. I also ended up with a bladder infection. I guess it is commomn due to having a cath. I was also miserable and on the verg to tears. I know what you are going through. As far as the pinching goes, I think we all get that due to the stiches pulling and healing. I know it is not fun. I did not get staples though. Because I had lapo vaginal assisted hysterectomy. I find also putting an ice pack on my tummy helped. Then after a few days a little heat. But what ever makes you feel comfortable. I even slept with an ice pack day in and day out. Well Jean I hope things will get better soon for you. Take care and let your mom help out as much as she can. You may be feeling better, then thye next day tired as heck agin. So take it easy. I am also trying. My surgery was on March 6th. Today is the first day that I am wearing regular clothes, but still loose at the waist. Take care. God bless you and your family. My prayers are with you to see that you recover fast and your husband comes home safely. Sadie1964
Unread 03-14-2008, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laakea
Hi 3toogetready:
Thanks for your empathy. I really appreciate it, and would love to know more about your story--how you came to have your hysterectomy and of course, how you are doing!

I'm still having a good day today--crossing fingers.

Hi Mary, I still have my fingers crossed too, waiting for the big hormone fall apart! Yikes! I watched a movie this afternoon and cryed, my kids thought I had lost it, because it wasnt really a cryer. Oh well felt good. Take care
Unread 03-14-2008, 04:22 PM

Hi all, Im glad to see everyones doing so good. My doc called me today to check and see how I was doing since I had called her yesterday, and she asked me to come on in. I am glad I did because she gave me a little more insight on why Im feeling like this. She says that it took her almost 2 hours just to get through the scar tissue just to get to my uterus, and when she got there my uterus was fused to my bladder with scar tissue. She said some surgeons would have taken one look at my uterus and left it there and sewed me back up! She said I didnt have a normal surgery so I wasnt going to have a normal recovery, and she may have to extend my recovery time beyond the normal 6 weeks. On one hand I was happy to hear that I wasnt crazy and there was a reason behind the way Im feeling. But on the other hand it upset me because I wanted to feel better by now. My DH is trying to be understanding, but to be honest I know hes dying to go back to work. He goes back on Monday- and the kids will be home on spring break! EEK-- hope Im feeling better by then. Well, Im going to go lay back down. Thank you so much sisters for letting me vent. I hope everyone is on the path to a quick recovery!!
Unread 03-14-2008, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannieeliane
Hello all. Hope everyone is doing well today. I'm not sure if I have been writing in the write place or responding to someone. Anyway, I'm having an awful day. I hurt. I have a pinched nerve just below my staple line on the left side all the way down my pelvic bone. It hurts so bad! I also have a bladder infection. I want to cry... Everyone keeps say get outside & get some air & walk. Unfortunately, I have been that's what lead to where I am now. Has anyone ever had a pinched nerve on one side of their front pelvic bone??? I've had 4 babies(one c-section), total reconstruction of the pelvic vault, ablation, kidney stones removed & this. It may hurt more then any of them. I can't forget being hot all the time! I get night sweats and I'm totally sopping wet. I do get my meds adjusted but not till the 25th. Have I complained enough??? Thank you all for letting me have a place to vent... My hubby is in Kuwait & will be moving up to Baghdad soon. I've been through deployments to Iraq several other times but this time I'm tired & hurting. It makes me even more emotional. I'm trying so hard to handle everything & semi take care of 4 kids. My Mother & her husband are here helping. It's been a godsend. They just don't seem to understand & I can't really expect them to. I need to rest. Please take everyone...
Jean

Hi Jean, hugs and prayers for you. Can you call your Dr. and have him adjust your meds? Hang in there. My hubby had no time off work, I had to call him at work and tell him to come and get me from the hospital, it is hard to do it without them....thank heavens for moms! Kids make it tough, my daughter woke up in the night with the stomach flu, so I have been taking care of her today, and pray we dont all get it. I was walking out of the room and she says since your up mom can you get me a drink, I had to stop and laugh, gees I lost my place in the bed in a hurry! Take care Jean.
Unread 03-14-2008, 05:06 PM

Hello everyone! Day 10 post op
Today went really well. I walked today outside it was 82 degrees today and so nice outside. I took my steri strips off and my incision looks really good it just really itches. I find wearing a binder helps with my swelling and actually makes sitting more comfortable. Hope everyone is doing good and have a great weekend!
Unread 03-14-2008, 06:36 PM
lonely for no reason

Hello girls,
Well, I must say that things are oh so much better now that I am at home. My husband takes wonderful care of me and is constantly checking on me... maybe too often. My son, he's four in May, however can't seem to stop waking me by putting our boxer puppy on my swelly belly! So, I don't wake up very happily. lol. Oh well, things could be worse I suppose. My husband was looking at my little profile on here and since I had to explain my member name to him, I figured I should go ahead and do that for all of you also. My member name is nsgstudturnedpt which if you know any nursing lingo is nursing student turned patient. I am a second semester nursing student... although with the complications my doctor caused, I am now taking an eight week vacation setting my grad date from dec to next may. I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I was supposed to have a LAVH/BSO, but woke up from a TAH/BSO. In turn I have a half inch incision under my belly button and an eight inch incision above the pubic hair line instead of four half inch incisions. I changed doctors and am set to meet my new one on Tues, 18th. Hopefully things will go more smoothly now. Sorry for the long post... I just don't really have someone to talk to that understands. Thanks for the support.
Megan
Unread 03-14-2008, 08:32 PM
Day 9 (I think)

Well ladies, I have been reading your post and they do lift my spirits. I went to Kohl's yesterday and now I am on house arrest so to speak. I had a funny bleeding spell again today. I called the doctor's office and was given an appointment at 3:30. When I got there the doctor was not in and I was told that he was coming back just to see me because he had left a noon to start his vacation. I felt special for a little while until he decided to do a check up. Everything looked good but he couldn't figure out why I would keep bleeding. My hematoma on the outside is healing just fine. But leave it to me to goof up. I guess I have a hematoma on the inside also. He had to do a vaginal sonogram. It was kind of funny. He would pause and say does this hurt........no ......no...... He then said he did not know what could be the problem, that was when I decided to crawl up the table. I am now back on ice, then heat, and an antibiotic.
But on the bright side, I know that sex should not hurt too much because it can't be much different that the sonogram. So I had to ask how long. A normal laproscopy could resume in 2 weeks. Me, well I now have to wait for at least 6weeks. My poor DH. He did well with the news. Well I have probably given too much information. I feel great though and the weather is beautiful. (almost 100) I am going to play cards with the kids.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register