Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 - Page 18 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Unread 03-18-2008, 08:19 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Day 14 post op!

Today was a wonderful day!! I was released to drive and I drove to get a smoothie it felt great to be independent again! I had no pain and made sure I did not go far. Hope everyone is doing good!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2008, 08:23 PM

Day 14 for me, too! It is hard to believe 2 weeks have gone by. I did some errands today and now feel a little achy in my lower belly but nothing bad. Probably getting in and out of the car. Trying to be super careful about how much I lift. But going into the library, just pulling open the door felt a lot heavier than I remember and I'm hoping it's not doing anything to my stitches. All in all, though, feel like I've turned another corner -bottom not so sore anymore, can almost walk normally and don't get so wiped out doing the slightest thing!
Unread 03-19-2008, 05:45 AM

Today is the 2 week anniversary of my TLH BSO with daVinci. I still need to behave and keep reading the "do not do" list. I think I feel pretty good except for the bladder infection...I got antibiotics etc from my primary doc yesterday. the trip to the surgeon is an hour one way so I got 'dispensation" to see my primary who is a mile down the road. For me still, the very sore pubic bone and panty line are the worst. It's still so tender that my underwear hurts so I go "commando" at home with a housecoat. omg, I'm turning into the cartoon character "Maxine"!
Tomorrow is my post op check up..finally decided that I needed my DH to drive me there. I think the 2 hour drive (round trip) and the exam itself if it's like sweetpea's will do me in. I also find out if I will need radiation so I think I'll need the support if that's the case...or a fellow celebrant if it's not. Wish me luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2008, 08:34 AM

Well, even though I'm still a day away from 2 weeks, couldn't wait and drove to the grocery store. It is a wonderful feeling. Good to get some exercise as well. Since it is often cold and icy outside, haven't gotten any really good walking in before today.

Wearing my swelly belly band more and I do find it helps with the "side" pain that I often experience.

Glad to hear most of you doing well (other than the really tough exam). Hang in there, and have a nice day.
Unread 03-19-2008, 08:57 AM
Day 16

It's great reading everyone's progress. Sounds as if most of us are out & about. I have been out & about but with unfavorable consequences. I've been hurting more & bleeding more. My incision looks fine but is still uncomfortable. Has anyone else been bleeding? It's not a lot but enough fresh blood to question what's going on.
Jean
Unread 03-19-2008, 09:56 AM
2 weeks

I'm happy to report that my 2-week post-op appointment was a wonderful experience. My doc has given me the all-clear to resume all of my normal activities, although I'm not sure she and I consider the same things normal. Heck, the woman runs marathons, of all things. And it sure was a trip running into her at the Houston Chevron Marathon in January while I was there supporting my school's 50+ student entries for the half marathon.

So, I guess this means I can mow the yard now. I'm sooo excited.

She put me on anti-biotics for a slight e. coli infection in one of my incisions, having taken a culture last Friday, but said it's not likely to be a major thing. At least it's not MSRA (staph). She also said nothing in the vagina for another 2 weeks, but since I've been celibate for almost 3 years I don't see that as a big deal. And it's not like I need tampons anymore.

I have one more post-op appt in 2 weeks and I'm actually going to miss my doctor. Seeing her once a year for annual exams just isn't going to be the same. She's the kind of person I'd love to have as a friend and if we'd met under different circumstances I'd probably feel better about inviting her out for coffee. I think I will anyway. Just as long as she doesn't expect me to go running with her. I much prefer doing my workouts in a pool. Which I've been cleared to do! Halleluja!!! Maybe I can get back to an almost flat tummy.

Thank the Lord for advances in medicine that allowed me to have a Laparoscopy procedure done! And for having friends who told me not to wait any longer. And for this website which gave me the courage and information I needed to get my head around the idea. Bless you all for being here!!!!! *great big huggies to all of you*
Unread 03-19-2008, 10:05 AM

Good morning ladies!
Well I had my 2 weeks check up yesterday & thought I would share a few things he said with you. I had told him I was up a bunch Saturday & spotted & he said that is normal-from the sutures may have a clot that is breaking away. Asked also about the pains on lower right side & upper left-he said that is where sutures are & is normal. Told me he wants me off my RX pain med's. Cleared me to drive but I am can barely sit up more than 30min at the time. I am going to try to run up to CVS on the corner this morning to see how it goes.
Getting better day by day! Can't wait until I feel normal again.
Thanks for being there to chat with! Have a great day!

Karen 36yrs old, TAH-kept ovaries
Unread 03-19-2008, 10:17 AM

It's been two weeks today and other than mind-numbing boredom, I am feeling great. I have been driving and running errands since day 6. Other than a few motrin, have been on no pain meds since about day 3, so I have been very lucky. I do get tired easier, but no big deal. I am so glad I didn't wait on my surgery. I have some bladder spasms due to a bladder complication, but I'm sure time will take care of that. I hope everyone is feeling as well as I do. I'm trying to take it easy, but it's hard.
TAH/BSO Bladder lift
Unread 03-19-2008, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannieeliane
It's great reading everyone's progress. Sounds as if most of us are out & about. I have been out & about but with unfavorable consequences. I've been hurting more & bleeding more. My incision looks fine but is still uncomfortable. Has anyone else been bleeding? It's not a lot but enough fresh blood to question what's going on.
Jean
(((ladies)))

Just a gentle reminder ~ these threads are intended for progress reports only. If you have any questions about your recovery, please start a new thread so that all our post-op members can have the opportunity to respond ~ particularly those who are further out in their recoveries and have more experience to share. This is the best way to get support ~ in the true tradition of HysterSisters! (Please check out Princess Bea Well's introductory post for further information on how to use this thread).

Sending all good wishes for your recoveries and thanks for your understanding!

Unread 03-19-2008, 11:21 AM

Hi all. Well last night I wound up in the urgent care! The night before my DS who is 5 crawled in bed with me, didnt even notice he was there, until I felt his foot in my stomach! Thats right, he kicked me with full force to move himself! I was up every hour after that to use the restroom and the bleeding started to worsen. (Jeannieleann- I still have bleeding too, my doc said it takes about 4-6 weeks sometimes for it to fully stop). Yesterday throughout the day I was having some urine leakage. And being that my bladder and uterus were stuck together prior to surgery I was concerned. So I went in to be checked last night, and my DS caused some bruising on my bladder, and you can feel the bump just by pushing on my swelly belly So now its back to bedrest for me. Which doesnt work too well with 2 kids home on spring break, and the hubby back to work. Im reading everyones posts and its great to see that everyone is doing so well. I cant wait til I am in that boat. I love reading everyone's posts. I dont feel so alone. You guys have all been a blessing!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register