Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 - Page 25 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Unread 03-23-2008, 05:02 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Jemrey..we must truly be hyster sisters..I'm feeling all those same things as you are and I had the robot too. Also essentially the same lab results so we're in great shape! The docs all love the technology and it does speed up healing, but at the same time I guess we need to remind ourselves that we DID have MAJOR surgery. I try to get out every day..mostly to see my horse who lives 7 miles away...and then we often go out for dinner. That seems to be too much and I don't want to have to choose between those two great options! I was past menopause so I'm not having the emotional ups and downs that are suffered by the younger women, but the whole cancer thing was pretty emotional. As soon as we can see the light at the ned of the tunnel I"m sure we'll all fell much better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2008, 09:36 AM

Thanks so much for the post, Equinox. And, you're so right - it IS major surgery, so patience is important. I'm so happy to hear that you had a good report as well. I am 44 years old -- felt like I was in peri menopause before the surgery, so I didn't expect the mood swings to be as heavy duty. But then again, you're right - a cancer scare can stir up some major emotions, so I'm taking that into account. I can say that this is definitely a learning experience. Take care!
Unread 03-23-2008, 11:30 AM

Hang in there the best thing for you is total bed rest. I had the same problem but they did not reopen me. I was the exact same story you wrote. I did not keep anything I had a TAH but my fever and the Hemotoma was the same way. I am now on day 23 and my abd is purple and green. Hang in there and it will get better.
L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2008, 04:29 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know that my best friend starting the day after my TAH on 3/5 was a rice pack. I'm at 18 days and still use it every night for the achiness I still have at bedtime. It is like instant relaxation for theat area.
Be careful not to have it too hot though for skin that is still numb.
Unread 03-23-2008, 04:56 PM

Dear L and everyone.
They haven't reopened me thank goodness and to look at me you wouldn't know I had the haematoma, no bruising externally at all...just all internal!!! Its like a bladder of blood resting on all my "bits". I am home now, but the pain is still fairly difficult. I try to keep on top of it but it seems to get ahead of me at times. My emotions are just awful, look at me and I will cry, or bite your face off...one or the other...and the night sweats are just horrid! Right now I am beginning to wonder what the blazes I did to myself. I wasn't even peri menopausal before and now I feel old and frumpy, in pain and not nice to be around. I know it will get better but right now its pretty awful. Fortunately my husband is very supportive but I have to feel sorry for the poor guy!! I am getting lots of bed rest but also go for small walks. My doctor wants me to call him today to bring him up to speed, so I will let you know how it goes.

T
Unread 03-23-2008, 05:11 PM

Glad to hear you are home. I know it must be tough but keep reminding yourself of all the women that said it was the best thing they ever did. It is what keeps me going. And the emotions, well I have no way of dealing with those, i just seem to isolate myself and then feel lonely and sorry for myself, it is a double edged sword. Keep sleeping and reading and watching sad sappy movies. I am thinking about you
Unread 03-23-2008, 05:43 PM

I'm having some of the same issues of feeling isolated (sometimes by choice because it's tiring to have other than family around) but then I get upset and depressed because no one calls or comes to visit! Go figure! I was post meno before surgery (56) but am still having some mood swings. I wonder how much of it is the type of surgery (losing our "womanhood" as it were) and just the effects of major surgery in general. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who swings back and forth emotionally.
Unread 03-23-2008, 07:14 PM
Was singing from the rooftops - now down in the doldrums

I was sailing high, acting like I was invincible and pushing the limits - despite all good advice and cautionary warnings . I threw a huge dinner party - shopped till I dropped and went for long walks and in fact forgot I had surgery. Yesterday it all caught up with me. Could not sleep - and huge hot flashes, bad dreams and slight nausea. Today I am quiet as a mouse - creeping around the house, feeling sadly human and vulnerable. It has been a deeply humbling experience.
Unread 03-23-2008, 08:22 PM

"I'm having some of the same issues of feeling isolated (sometimes by choice because it's tiring to have other than family around) but then I get upset and depressed because no one calls or comes to visit! Go figure!"

I can totally relate to this! I've been feeling this way all day...
Unread 03-23-2008, 10:33 PM

Hi! I'm new to this board. I didn't find this site til after my surgery. Sure wish I had've found it before! I had a TVH on 03/06. I'm doing good. No pain unless I over do it. I have my first Drs appt on 03/27. Can't wait to hear what he has to say. My family has been taking really good care of me, and cleaning the house, cooking, doing laundry, and my 2nd born still drives me every where even though I can drive myself.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register