Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 - Page 29 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Unread 03-25-2008, 07:30 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Sexyladybuc,

Glad to hear your trying but try less... less is more for us. I have been setting a chore every couple hours and it seems to work for me. Glad to hear your hem is draining. Mine is almost gone according to the CT scan from last friday. I hear you about the dogs, but mine are little kids... I have a 20mth and 5yr old boys who keep me on my toes. They are mommy's little helpers. Hang in there sorry to hear about your accident. I am not shopping out I do it online or have someone else do it. Gotta go the guys are at each other.

SMZ, glad to hear that you had a great experience. I had a great surgeon and I have a positive outlook also, but turning 30 in 5 days with 2 little ones and being 25 days post op from a TAH complete is a little tough on the body. I hope that you have continued success and your lucky to not have had any problems.

L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2008, 07:46 AM

Oh, you've been through so much, Cygnet, but it sounds like you have incredible support... coupled with great news from the pathology report! Excellent news. Take good care of yourself and as Equinox suggested, remember to just take your time - be patient with yourself during your recovery. I am feeling so much better, but feel like it's a good time for me to heal both physically and emotionally - without feeling guilty about staying at home from work another week, and the fact that my floors really need a good vacuuming! The pain is minimal for me now, but I still feel a need to just rest and let my mind catch up with what I have been through.
I wish you and all of the sisters the best!
Jeannie
Unread 03-25-2008, 08:08 AM

lh0330

I'm glad your hematoma has resolved itself too! That was the worst pain I think I have ever had and I had natural childbirth 4 times!

I couldn't imagine having a toddler right now. It must be very hard for you not being able to pick them up. Mine are older now. I have a son who will be 16 next week, a 13 year old daughter, a 9 year old daughter and a 7 year old son. I think that is why it has not bothered me to have my uterus removed at the ripe old age of 33. I'm still young, but I have no desire to have any more children. I have been very blessed with the 4 wonderful monkeys I have!

I am having to fight off the cleaning urge VERY HARD this morning. I cleaned my sliding class doors and had to chase my 3 lb. yorkie out of the neighbors yard already. As soon as I started up the stairs to my room, I felt a lovely flow of blood. I have decided to make lists for the kids for when they get home from school instead. Plus, the hubby is off of work tomorrow and I know he will help. It is just driving me CRAZY. The kids have managed to leave popcorn kernels all under the table and the rest of the kitchen quite a mess. Rarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Oh well, I am still actually kinda pooped out from yesterday and think my next activity of the day will be a shower.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2008, 08:26 AM

Saggin',
Glad to hear you had a nice day with your family and that you were ok after the trip to the mall. I know when my daughter (my "baby") flew in to stay for a few days last week, I tried to be sociable & almost overdid it one day. She came to help me, knowing my husband was going back to work, but being "mom", I just wanted a nice visit with her. We didn't get to the mall (I knew I couldn't handle that), but we did go to a shopping plaza. After 1 store, I needed to rest and had some discomfort all that evening, with a bit more than usual of discharge. That was a good lesson for me not to push it too much. My husband has been great! He gently reminds me to sit down, rest and take care of myself. He's also said more than once how much he appreciates me and all that I do normally. This is from a man who helps considerably, to begin with, even when I'm healthy. All in all, you are so right when you say that this has been major surgery and it's not as easy to recover as some women have told me it is. It's as my daughter said, we've lost whole organs in our bodies, for heavens sake! The body needs gentle care and time to adjust. I know she's correct in that. It simply took me by surprise at how long I seem to be taking in getting my energy back; must be my age, which is the same as yours, btw (although a birthday is coming soon, making me another year older). I can't imagine what some women go through who have this done when they're in their 60's or 70's! The one thing I am grateful for is that I was post menopausal, so I didn't go through a surgical menopause. I've had no mood swings and the hot flashes aren't any different than what I experienced for about the last 12 years. In fact, they are actually less now. Maybe, it's just that I'm so used to them. My heart goes out to the sisters who are going through a tough time with this. It's the physical recovery that seems to be taking longer for me. I've just made up my mind to try to be patient, even though it's hard some days. The good days give me a glimpse of how wonderful it will feel when I'm healed. I hold onto that. Plus, there's the fact that I know I won't have any of the pain and bleeding or complications I had before the surgery. That's a real positive thought! Wishing you, and all the sisters, a terrific day!

LAVH, BSO
Unread 03-25-2008, 08:58 AM
Post-op Day 16

Hey Princesses - I have enjoyed reading everyone's posts and before I get to my progress...

EQUINOX - oh girl my heart goes out to YOU!! What a horrible ordeal, I am SO sorry to hear about those complications and a second surgery. You sound like you are in good spirits, and I hope you will continue. Just take it easy. Let DH pamper you and wait on you hand and foot... you deserve it after what you have been thru. It's not like we haven't been pampering them for years, let someone else take a turn!! You will require some additional rest and time to heal. Take every single day to which you are entitled.

SEXYLADYBUC - what in the WORLD are you thinking????? Get your butt on the couch and stay there for a while!! I thought I was the epitome of hard-headeness and over-achieving but... You also deserve to be pampered b/c of your complications and you have lots of stuff going on internally that needs to heal. I know you don't want to suffer thru another setback so PLEASE. Do the right thing. Yes your family needs you but let them fend for themselves for the most part until you can gradually get back to your awesome self. They can handle it.

I am doing good today. I did a bunch of running around yesterday, including going to give a specimen to check for a UTI. My symptoms seem to be a bit better but I'd rather have it checked out for sure. I also picked up a few groceries, did some laundry, changed the bed, and laundered the comforter at the laundromat. I also made dinner. Two friends came by last night to visit with me, we chatted for about 45 minutes, and we laughed a lot. Which doesn't hurt any more, nor does it hurt to blow my nose or sneeze, I just feel some pressure. Much different from when I had my c-section, seems like it was weeks and weeks before I could cough without pain. My incision feels pretty good, just some surface tenderness and of course the bottom is still pretty sensitive. All but one of the steri strips has fallen off.

DH, good guy that he is, got up at 5:00 to go to the gym. Even though he didn't sleep to well b/c he said "somebody" was tossing and turning all night. Still going thru the covers on-covers off drama at night and whenever I need to move I wake up and it takes a few minutes to get comfy again. So I laid in bed for another 30 minutes then got up and had breakfast ready for him when he got home. I have had breakfast myself, showered, and made the bed. A friend from work called (he is home sick today) and we chatted for about an hour about our respective experiences in the hospital like a couple of old people!! And he's only in his 30s (he has back problems). He and another friend from work are going to bring me lunch on Monday. I have to pretend like I am in worse shape than I am or they will expect me back early. Not going to happen!

Today I will start the onerous task of starting to work on our taxes. My goal is to have them done by Friday. I also plan to do some laundry, straighten up a bit, balace the checkbook. I may get in a little stamping or upload some cards I made recently. It's supposed to be a nice day, sunny and in the upper 50s, so I may go for a short walk outside.

For those of you who are still not feeling great, please don't compare your progress to that of others. The only thing you can compare is how you feel today versus yesterday. We all had different reasons for having whatever procedures we did, and had different levels of health before we went in. Those things have a huge impact on our recovery. Posting here is a good way to journal your progress and how you feel, so go back and read your past posts and see how you're coming along. You may feel better today than yesterday or not. But always keep that ultimate goal in mind - which is to feel well enough to truly put that SuperWoman cape back on and take back the world that we had to let go of for just a little while.

*HUGS* and Happy Healing Tuesday to all of you!!
Unread 03-25-2008, 10:12 AM

Little Stamper

You are right about me getting my booty on the couch and staying there for awhile. YOU TOO THOUGH!!! It makes me tired just reading about all you have done and still plan to do today. REST REST REST!!! Before we know it, we will be wishing we could. Even though it is getting old real fast right now.

My hubby just called from work and I told him how I am struggling with the disaster downstairs. He told me NOT to attempt to do it myself and that he will do most of it when he gets home tonight and tomorrow. The kids are to clean up their mess in the kitchen when they get home. That's that!

I STILL haven't gotten in the shower yet today. I did, however, manage to get my nails mostly done. I just need to paint them. They were starting to get a little out of hand. This weather is drying out my cuticles and skin. I am a lotionaholic, but I am still dry, dry, dry!

It is so beautiful outside today. The UV index is a 7 already, but it is only 59 degrees. I am dying to layout and get some sun, but I don't want to freeze my butt off. Plus, I don't think my pad will go so well in my thong bikini. Nice visual, huh?
Unread 03-25-2008, 10:50 AM

Sexyladybuc- yes I love the visual, thanks!
Sounds beautiful in FL. It is sunny but we had frost last night. Little Stamper your list of things you have accomplished are more than me on a good day lol !
I plan to putter, tidying up some, do the dishes, drive my 12 year old to the mall, force them in to tidying their t.v. room (17,15,12 years old) shower, design my next home and sit around! I may watch my team at soccer practice tonight. All in a days work!
I am not napping anymore and I go to bed at my regular time which is exciting. I haven't had a post-op check up other than having my staples out. It sounds like most of you have been going weekly, I wonder if I am missing out on something. I guess that is U.S. health care vs. Canadian. Maybe I will call my surgeon today- another thing on the list...
Have a fantastic day ladies.
Unread 03-25-2008, 10:57 AM

I am absolutely amazed at all of you who have kids at home. All three of mine are adults now (which is still a very weird concept for me...) and I seriously give you all so much credit for going through this recovery while still maintaining a certain amount of order in your household with the kids... KUDOS!
J
Unread 03-25-2008, 11:36 AM

ah thanks Jemrey, mine can look after themselves and talk back too! They are pretty good kids though! I can't imagine little ones. KUDOS to those moms.
Unread 03-25-2008, 12:36 PM

Cygnet - I also wanted to congratulate you on the cancer-free report! What a relief that must be!

I should get my pathology report when I go for my post-op report on 4/10. But cancer was not suspected so I am assuming if there was a problem they would have contacted me by now (but I know what happens when you assume).

I also forgot to report - my driver's license and insurance card have been FOUND. They were in a basket I was using for my meds when I first got home. DH took them when he picked up my scripts in case he needed them - of course he swore he hadn't seen them after we were home. I discovered them when I was emptying out the basket. So yesterday I didn't have to put on makeup and snazz up my hair. Yahoo!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register