Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Unread 03-09-2008, 09:40 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Hi everyone! I had my TAH/LSO on Thursday morning at 9:00a.m.

Wednesday evening I showered at home, washed hair and shaved legs and under arms. Left at 11:30 p.m. and arrived at my castle at 12:01a.m. After getting to my room the nurses shaved me and then I got the bowel prep. I washed my belly real good and then waited for my IV. (Yuck) Never really slept that night at all. They came to get me at 8:00 a.m. and waited in the holding area until 10:00 a.m. for my surgery. Everything went well. Doctor said I lost very little blood but gave birth to a set of twins. Huge fibroids! I don't remember much from that day but a little pain when they moved me to my hospital room bed. Ooooh that hurt! After that I just pressed the button when I had pain and it was fine. The next morning felt better. They took the Cathetered out and I urinated fine. Got up and walked a little. They took the IV out at noon. At 6:00 p.m. I was headed home. Everything is going well, thank God! I had my first BM this morning after 2 cups of coffee.

The waiting was the hardest part! I will write again later.

God is good! Jill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2008, 09:40 AM
Tvh 3-3-08

Hey there, it's been interesting to read about how everyone else is recovering from their surgery. I had a TVH (was able to keep my ovaries) on March 3rd, came home after lunch on March 4th. So far my recovery has been really smooth - I'm not taking pain pills any longer, bowels are working great. What's been frustrating about the recovery is my mental state. I feel so blue and depressed and the hard part is I cannot figure out why I am feeling this way. I am currently on medication for depression (actually have been since the birth of my twins 15 years ago) but it's been under control for a long time. What's happening now is something different and I'm totally mystified as to why I feel this way. I should be feeling great but instead I'm feeling sad. Anyone else experience this?
Unread 03-09-2008, 11:27 AM

I'm on day 5 and so far so good. Apart from having unnecessary percocet (shudder) at the castle, I've only been taking 400 mg ibuprofen. I've been able to lengthen the time between doses a bit. I was so swollen at first - had baby wrists and pig eyes and literally peed away 9 1/2 lb of fluid! My bowels are slowly starting to function. It seems like every day is a huge improvement but it doesn't take much to feel dizzy and wiped out - I scrambled myself some eggs this a.m. and then had to go lie down until the protein kicked in! I see the dr. tomorrow for my 1 week(!!) checkup. Best wishes to all you awesome ladies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2008, 01:42 PM

Hello there! Had a TVH on Friday, March 7. Everything went well and according to plan. My doc first used a laparascope to check my ovaries to see if there was anything that needed to be cleaned. Everything looked good so he took my uterus and cervix only. I was in the hospital for one night and I came home yesterday, Saturday, in the afternoon. I walked quite a bit at the hospital. I slept like a baby last night ... so good to be in my own bed. Woke up this a.m. feeling much better. I'm only taking ibuprofen at this point. I'm wearing support briefs that have helped so much plus I use a heat pad as needed. Otherwise, I'm resting well, drinking fluids, go up to eat at the table but laying down to rest and read.

I have to go back to my doctor in two weeks. Otherwise, I really feel good!
Thanks for all your support! This place rocks.
Unread 03-09-2008, 04:21 PM

had my tah on 5th marrch all went well except i didnt come round properley till 6th and was very sick when they took all my drips off so they hhad too put them back was ok till morning of the 7th when all i could do was cry like a baby i wanted to go home they let me .after came home had loads of visitors then had a nap today im in bit more pain but was up and about making coffee all day yesterday prob done too much have my 23 staples out tomorrow will let u know how it goes
hope everyone ellse is doing good
luv
jewjew
Unread 03-09-2008, 05:02 PM

Hello to all of you!

I had my surgery (TAH) on March 5th and I am so glad that it's over with.
I feel really weak and sleepy- but I haven't taken any pain medication in 15 hours. More than anything, I have gas pains. My cramps were sometimes worse than this pain.

I spend 4 days in the hospital, and I am SOOO glad to be home. I had good nurses and not so good nurses.

I am off to the couch, and to take some pain meds- I'll be back when I have more energy!

Tami
Unread 03-09-2008, 06:24 PM
Post Op - Day 3

Greetings sisters! After two myomectomies, several invitro fertilizations and one 9lb baby, my womb and its cohorts have done enough! I said farewell Thursday March 6 and after a brief pity party, was secure in the decision and am on my way to healing! Great surgical experience with wonderful doctors, staff and nursing care. I hate to brag, but after 10 hours on morphine drip, that was enough and have had no further meds other than antibiotic injection 18 hours post op. Really. I tingle, but not bad enough to warrant drug induced dilerium. My old 53-year old body appreciates not having to rid itself of more narcotics and will heal with gentle care, good food, water and meditative music. Sometimes you just need to get on with life and that's what I'm doing. Post menopausal already, but managed to cultivate a fibroid farm despite the lack of estrogen. Ah, next decision is to patch or not to patch...Peace and hugs to all! Be well.
Unread 03-09-2008, 06:45 PM

Day 5 progress

So far so good I am down to only taking Darvocet at night before bed and taking Advil during the day. Today I did not have much gas pains as before but I am going to continue taking Gas X but still not able to eat much but smoothies are doing the trick for strength. I took a nice walk outside today not overdoing it. I am wearing a binder that really helps with the swelling on my tummy and covers my incision. I was able to wear a sweat suit today and feel comfortable. Hope all is well with everyone.
Unread 03-09-2008, 07:01 PM
6th day

Well, my hubby left today for 15m to Iraq. I'm feeling ok about everything. I just wished I was able to get around a little more before he left. I think I was more worried about how he felt leaving me then anything. He was so sad. Thank you Navy wife for your letter...
I'm still on pain killers for every 4-6 hours. My incision site is starting to get a little feeling back. I think I may have a couple of infected staple areas. I am supposed to get them out in the morning. I'm still very tired & my stomach hurts really bad when I have a runny bm. I'm worried that something is wrong. I'm going to get my kids to bed & off to bed for me! Hope everyone has a good night...
Jean
Unread 03-09-2008, 11:42 PM

Today was a really bad day it started off good, but I screwed up and overdid it. Ended up hurting and pulling my incision in the shower, no permanent damage, but it was enough ro have me scream out in pain and start crying like a baby. Thhe rest of the day all I could really do was go to the potty and back to lie down. I did start feeling much better towards the night tho. So a word of advice to all of you,DONT overdo it like silly me lol. I am just so darn anxious to feel good lol.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register