Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 - Page 50 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Unread 04-08-2008, 07:54 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Good morning ladies ~ I just walked for 45 min. It felt great. I can't believe what a difference a week makes. I give credit to all you teachers back to work. I only have a week and a half left at home until I face my kindergarten students. I am getting my hair cut and highlighted today-I am so excited! I can't believe how long I let it go. Oh well, I guess during the recovery period, I really didn't care or I was just too tired and sore to care! Everyone's talking about their path. reports. I had my TAH, kept ovaries, on 3-6. I was in the hospital from Thurs. morning (surgery day) until Sunday early afternoon. I had a great hospital experience and enjoyed the extra time in. My doctor just wanted to make sure I was healing okay and that my systems were all working. He actually had my path. report while I was still in the hospital. I was surprised they were back so quick. Everything was all good-benign fibroids. Well, enjoy your day, ladies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2008, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J45
Everyone's talking about their path. reports. He actually had my path. report while I was still in the hospital. I was surprised they were back so quick. Everything was all good-benign fibroids. Well, enjoy your day, ladies.

My doc had my path report when I went to get my staples removed on day 6. Told me the size of my uterus, all was benign, gave me some other details. Although I ended up with a TAH, I started out with a LAVH, so I have color photos of my uterus, tubes/ovaries, liver and gall bladder. Would have had more, but an artery got nicked then there was too much blood to see anything. The photos are very cool. Plus it's good to see that everything else was healthy.
Unread 04-08-2008, 03:12 PM

Good afternoon, everyone. I just got back from day 2 of back to work. You will notice that I did not post after day 1. The couch was calling my name! I was too tired to write, too tired to cook, too tired to finish my grandson's sweater. This morning I was still tired, & the thought crossed my mind to stay in bed. However, I hauled my sorry behind into the kitchen for my one & only cup of coffee I am allowed. OMG, it is sooooo good! Then into the shower & I felt human enough to get on with my day. The days are long and tiring but also rejuvenating. Some pains through the day, but I just took a few motrin & that helped. I can see a light at the end of the tunnel and I now believe I will be able to start golfing when the snow melts and the run-off from the snow leaves the course (late May?). For everyone getting ready to return to work, don't stress over the thought that you can't make it through the day. You can, but you'll be worn out. Plan ahead with pre-cooked meals or simple soup & sandwiches nights. Give your fam a heads up that you will be tired when you get home so they don't expect too much. They may think that if you are well enough to work that you must be totally recovered. Let them know this is not so & you still need pampering.
I was glad to get some help deciphering those medical terms. Until I got my records (my doctor is moving so he gave me my whole file), I didn't know what a train wreck I was. Jeez, I must have been in some pretty bad shape. Ignorance is bliss.
Ugh, listening to the weather report. They are calling for more snow. Enough already! I am ready for warm weather!
Mizfish
TAH/BSO Bladder repair
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2008, 05:21 PM

I'm back from Day 2 of work too..egads..shoulda stayed home! my swelly belly is swelly and it really feels heavy. I grabbed the ice pack and sat like that until the ice wasn't so icy. now I"m fixing dinner while the DH is at the gym...grrr...I hope it hurts! I'm not so comfy and I'm pretty crabby right about now.
Sorry about the snow Mizfish..I know we're going to get some lousy stuff but haven't heard that it's snow. yuck..I still ahve some in my back yard and I'm pretty tired of it! Tomorrow will be better, right? Joan
Unread 04-08-2008, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizfish
Ugh, listening to the weather report. They are calling for more snow. Enough already! I am ready for warm weather!
Mizfish
TAH/BSO Bladder repair
MizFish

I know how you feel. We lived at KI Sawyer for 3 years back in the 80's. For me the UP is a GREAT place to visit, but.... We haven't been back, but I would love to go back for a long vacation!
Unread 04-08-2008, 07:54 PM
Ice Pack

Equinox,

How was your eval. from the principal? And yes the ice pack is still my best friend. I do not have to use it at school anymore, but sometimes I use it in the evening. It does help the swelling.

J45 Keep up the walking because it will help you when you face those students. I think if I had built up some walking time before I went back to work I would not have been so tired but now it is better. Just plan on resting every evening for the first week.

We had formal testing today at my school and let me tell you. The funny thing about testing. When the whole room is quiet, you can really here the rumblings in the tummy. I had to ask for a relief person to come to my room. It was kind of embarassing to use the help sign and then have to explain it was for gas. When my boss saw me he wanted to know if there was some kind of test irregularity. I just said no and then told him I was irregular and I really could not stop to talk but had to go to the bathroom. I could hear him laughing while I promptly walked/ran to the potty. And yes I passed gas all the way.
Unread 04-09-2008, 01:28 AM

I have found that doing to much is a NO NO... and wish that I had taken all the advise I see on here and take advantage of the "princess" routine. Not ever being a real princess it's hard to tell yourself your not being lazy. I got my Crown in the mail.. yes a little box and when I opened it.. I put it on right away. Lifted my spirits immediately!! Now my 4 yr old and I wear our crowns while watching TV... so instead of cleaning your house, I recommend you enjoy those episodes of "little house on the prarie" or some other show with a good message.

Still on some pain med's as the Swelly Belly keeps reminding me I should be resting more. The best thing is my swelly belly band and i use it to tie a little pillow around me. THose little infant pillows are a miracle.. just the right size so when I go back to work next week it's coming with me.

Thinking I might only be able to work half day's to start.... I'm going to have my doctor visit soon but right now I'm feeling so much better but listen to your body and REST.. that's my best advise I need to take myself.

Good luck princesses!
Unread 04-09-2008, 05:27 AM

Callie...you are wonder woman!!! I cannot imagine having been back to work all this time.
Ski Tahoe..I wish I had taken this week off as well as the first 5..and I guess I'd better go the Crown routine.
Thank you for "listening" to my rant last night. I had words with the DH last night ..he claimed that when he tried to be supportive pre-op, that i bit his head off..well of course!!! I was scared to death and his saying things like"The doc has done a million of those surgeries..don't worry about it" were good ways to get one's head bitten off! men..bleah. Joan
Unread 04-09-2008, 08:59 AM

Hey there sisters,

Well I returned yesterday from my 2-day mini vacation/getaway to see my friend in Cincinnati. It was just supposed to be me & her & the baby but her DH came back from his trip a day early. Not really a problem since he's pretty likeable but he makes me mad b/c he is gone from home too much.

Anyway, we had a great time. Most of the time we were just sitting around talking and playing with the baby. Since my friend is nursing we had to be on the baby's schedule and not ours. We were able to get out and do some running around. I cooked for them and cleaned up quite a bit, which she fussed at me for, but I would be doing the same thing here. I didn't sleep great there but then again we didn't do that much. As bad as I felt when I left for my trip, I felt just elated when I came home. DH had done several things around the house that I had been bugging him to do, including cleaning the bathrooms. He also changed the bed from flannel to regular sheets, which helped a lot with my night-time temperature. He was happy to see me but when I asked him he admitted that we was glad I was gone for a few days - we both needed the break. Like others have said, I think I was just getting depressed and frustrated with being at home without being able to be too productive. I have mixed feelings about being back to work and though physically I think I will do okay, being able to wrap my brain around the details of my job will be a challenge.

I now have another problem - I have a strained muscle in my upper shoulder/neck. It is getting worse and is interrupting my sleep more than my other musculoskeletal issues and my incision. I tried to ice it down last night but it didn't seem to help much. I may try the other route and use a heating pad tonight.

So now that I am back to reality I have lots of things to do. I went to the grocery this morning. I still have to file our taxes, work on stamp club projects, get a card made for a baby shower this weekend, and begin working on my presentation for the 28th. I need to empty the dishwasher, put the rest of the groceries away, make the bed, take a shower, do some laundry. Good lord!! Good thing is, I don't have to go anywhere else today until DS gets off work.

My 4-week post-op appointment is tomorrow at 11:30. My incision looks better every day but still having some pain and twinges, plus the late-day swelly belly. And even that is determined by what/how much I do during the day.

My GI tract is working fine. Even when I have some gas it is not painful, and have been pretty regular. I have decreased my dose of stool softener, which I may stay on just on general principle. Need to step up on the fruits & veggies. Weight is steady. Need to get back to the gym now so I can increase my stamina and get back to losing weight.

Sounds like most of you are getting back into a regular routine and back to life as usual. I am SO hoping that by September I will feel the way everyone said I would once the healing is done.

I wish you continued happy healing!!
Unread 04-09-2008, 10:47 AM

Hi,Ladies just a quick stopping by while i have the energy. Havent been feeling well with a low fever on and off..Finally made a docs appt and he keeps telling me the same thing "has nothing to due with the surgery" I came to the conclusion he knows nothing other than to perform surgery and deliver babies!! (he's young) Too make a long story short the following nite heres come the emt to take me to the hosp. I was in so pain i screameed my head off and have no voice..I had these pains shooting thru my ribs and under my breast bone where i couldnt breathe..After being poked 5 times 2 ivs..and pleading to just shoot me since i couldnt get pain meds..They came up with these few ideas...bateria infection thru my body-kidney infection possibly from catherder,kidney or goldbladder stones and my white t cells were over a 100,best of all they think my endo is back..So i got released with valium and a cipro!! what a joke. Meanwhile my discharge papers say pelvic pain and abdomnial pain (never was the case )I've been screaming and crying since friday cause i cant even take a breathe and just dont know what to do. I'm just soo tired and seriously losing all hope here..On top of my insurance cancelled me. I try and keep my thoughts hopefully but its not working. i havent even been able to see my new puppy cause i cant move. today is the first day i am struggling just to catch up on my email. Of course i'm panickiing as i am not on medical leave so havent had a paycheck in a month and my teenagers i guess are in their selfish stage..I've had black stools for over a week which again no answer to..I live in Port St Lucie which is more like port stupidity & ignorant county. I just know i cant keep going on like this any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I am a single parent with a roomate who can barely hold her own. I will be devasted if my endo is back!!...my last ct scan showed a lesion on my liver and this one didnt (impossible)makes me wonder what do they really do in these hospitals now adays. My docs words to me when i was there was he's not impressed!! what does that mean?I just want the pain in my back and ribs to go away, and has taken my mind off my belly other than its so sore from tightning my muscles due the spasms so now i feel like i've done 1000 crunches.. To all the new sisters welcome, to my other sisters glad to see all is doing well!!!, to those back to work high five to you..to those not feeling well my heart goes out to you. I can honestly say i cant wait for my life to be semi normal again, as i'm sure everyone wishes the same..Lotes of Hugges to you all, & a beautiful recovery. I do apoligize for my negativity, i hope you can understand.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register