Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 - Page 52 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Unread 04-10-2008, 04:20 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by compaq
Doc also did not suggest HRT. I am 45 have 2 children and widowed. Night sweats and chills.
Compaq TAH BSO :
Hi Compaq,

Did you know there is a discussion area for woman without ovaries who are not going on HRT. It's under hormone issues – dessert oasis. I've found a lot of good information there.

Hope you feel better.

MMM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2008, 09:02 PM

I had my follow up appointment today. I'm pretty bummed. My doctor did the internal exam and said everything is healing nicely. (not bummed about that part.) Unfortunately, I still have stitches and can't take a bath, have sex, etc. for another 2 weeks. BOO HOO HOO! I was so looking forward to a bath. I guess some people just take longer for their stitches to dissolve than others.

Of course my hubby was looking forward to something else. I still am not quite ready for anything up in that area yet. I have to say that I have had an orgasm since my surgery, but nothing internal. I was very nervous about what it was gonna be like. I was pleasantly surprised. It felt different, but in a good way. It was more intense.

I guess it was from the internal check, but now I am so sore in my lower abdomen area. OUCH!

Also, I lost another 2 lbs. That makes a total of 6. I feel fatter though. Guess it is due to the swelly belly still.

I hope everyone is having a good week.

Theresa
Unread 04-11-2008, 07:11 AM
Back to the coalface next week and hoping I'll cope!!

Hi everyone
This is my first post for this thread as the spectre of returning to work has come around only too quickly and I need to be reassured that I'll get through the first week okay. This time last week I was dreading my first drive but that proved to be a breeze!!

Now that it's time to rise from the sickcouch and rejoin the real world, I'm really sad that my time at home is almost at an end, as I've enjoyed it thoroughly. And this is somebody who thought they'd go absolutely crazy by being cooped up at home, and was eager to get back to work as soon as possible. As it is I'm heading back a week earlier after swearing to my doctor that I wouldn't go lifting any heavy library books (I'm a medical librarian at a hospital library).

I had a TAH/BSO on 6/3/08 which is also 3/6/08 for the US sisters - I come from "the land downunder" so we do our dates the other way round!!

To continue the saga, I've had quite a pretty uncomplicated recovery - crap one day, on top of the world the next - the usual mix, until this week when I've felt really good all week, till today when I felt tired, sore and generally blah again. Maybe this is a relapse at the thought of going back to work next week, or very possibly the after-effects of spending a few hours at the hairdressers yesterday to get rejuvenated. And I'm thrilled to read in several posts that quite a few sisters have been visiting the beauty parlour at about the 5 week mark - I can remember how wonderful I felt a couple of weeks ago when I left the house with lipstick on!!!

Well, before I get too carried away, and it's getting way past my bedtime anyway - this is how I plan to get ready for next week! Tomorrow I'm taking a personal shopper (ie. my wonderful sister) to Woolies (Woolworths - Aussie version of Walmart perhaps!) to do a large grocery shop to get me stocked up for meals next week - she'll push the trolley and lug the bags. Then I'll motor sedately down to the mall in search of a large comfy elasticized pair of trousers to wear to work to accommodate the dreaded swelly belly - which no doubt will triple in size after a hard day at the library reference desk fending off medical students.

I'm feeling more optimistic already after writing all this down - I'm sure I'll be okay. My boss had this operation last year, so there is a very supportive atmosphere at work, as we can share symptoms and laugh at each other!! I'll have no problems having more time off or shortened hours if I do fall in a heap!

In the next exciting chapter - or when I've been back at work for a few weeks - I'll be outlining my adventures and how I get on avoiding heavy lifting and other pitfalls when our old library building gets demolished and we pack up and move to our new location!!!!! This is scheduled for the end of May.

Well, everyone, I hope you all continue to feel better and better each day, and take things easy along the way.

Take care
Ravioli
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2008, 10:29 AM

Hello J45
I just wish that I could have a normal BM and not feel sick. Everything was taken including some lymph glands, omendum and various biopsies. I have been getting plenty of walking in. Maybe the lack of ovaries (hormones) may be causing me to feel this way. I can deal with pain, but the feeling sick is just not good for me. I only took motrin 800 because pain meds make me ill, and that is just not worth it. Thanks for your reply and thought and prayers, back at you.
Unread 04-11-2008, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpea35
Hi,Ladies just a quick stopping by while i have the energy. Havent been feeling well with a low fever on and off..Finally made a docs appt and he keeps telling me the same thing "has nothing to due with the surgery" I came to the conclusion he knows nothing other than to perform surgery and deliver babies!! (he's young) Too make a long story short the following nite heres come the emt to take me to the hosp. I was in so pain i screameed my head off and have no voice..I had these pains shooting thru my ribs and under my breast bone where i couldnt breathe..After being poked 5 times 2 ivs..and pleading to just shoot me since i couldnt get pain meds..They came up with these few ideas...bateria infection thru my body-kidney infection possibly from catherder,kidney or goldbladder stones and my white t cells were over a 100,best of all they think my endo is back..So i got released with valium and a cipro!! what a joke. Meanwhile my discharge papers say pelvic pain and abdomnial pain (never was the case )I've been screaming and crying since friday cause i cant even take a breathe and just dont know what to do. I'm just soo tired and seriously losing all hope here..On top of my insurance cancelled me. I try and keep my thoughts hopefully but its not working. i havent even been able to see my new puppy cause i cant move. today is the first day i am struggling just to catch up on my email. Of course i'm panickiing as i am not on medical leave so havent had a paycheck in a month and my teenagers i guess are in their selfish stage..I've had black stools for over a week which again no answer to..I live in Port St Lucie which is more like port stupidity & ignorant county. I just know i cant keep going on like this any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I am a single parent with a roomate who can barely hold her own. I will be devasted if my endo is back!!...my last ct scan showed a lesion on my liver and this one didnt (impossible)makes me wonder what do they really do in these hospitals now adays. My docs words to me when i was there was he's not impressed!! what does that mean?I just want the pain in my back and ribs to go away, and has taken my mind off my belly other than its so sore from tightning my muscles due the spasms so now i feel like i've done 1000 crunches.. To all the new sisters welcome, to my other sisters glad to see all is doing well!!!, to those back to work high five to you..to those not feeling well my heart goes out to you. I can honestly say i cant wait for my life to be semi normal again, as i'm sure everyone wishes the same..Lotes of Hugges to you all, & a beautiful recovery. I do apoligize for my negativity, i hope you can understand.
How are you doing today??
Unread 04-11-2008, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttsmurphy81
How are you doing today??
Sweetpea35
I went through those same pains years ago. I did have gall stones. You may want to go in nad have them do a ultra sound of your gall baldder. Trust me I know what that pain feels like. It feels like you are going through labor. I had my gall bladder removed and I feel much better. As far as the hysterectomy, this recovery takes MUCH longer then the gall ballder recovery. E-mail me at [email protected] if you like. I can give you more info. Take care. Terri ( sadie1964)
Unread 04-11-2008, 03:19 PM

ttsmurphy81- wow my heart goes out to you, how are you feeling today? Sounds like something isn't quite right at all. Can you have endo if you have no uterus to line? Hopefully some doctor will listen to you. As for your teens, they will pitch in if you give them exact directions, I have 3!

as for me, well things are great after my TAH on March 7th, I am off to play soccer this weekend, hopefully I can get my fat a_ _ moving! Hope you all have a beautiful weekend!
Unread 04-11-2008, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanark
ttsmurphy81- wow my heart goes out to you, how are you feeling today? Sounds like something isn't quite right at all. Can you have endo if you have no uterus to line? Hopefully some doctor will listen to you. As for your teens, they will pitch in if you give them exact directions, I have 3!

as for me, well things are great after my TAH on March 7th, I am off to play soccer this weekend, hopefully I can get my fat a_ _ moving! Hope you all have a beautiful weekend!

think you have me confused with someone else. I was just asking about sweetpea. I am feeling great, though.
Unread 04-11-2008, 04:05 PM

oops sorry you are right I am asking after sweetpea
Unread 04-11-2008, 04:48 PM

Hello Sisters, I just finished my first week back to school, and I think I wish I had waited. This whole Wonder-woman thing just is not me! I dragged my sorry butt home today and grabbed the ice pack..again. I really don't know if it does any good ..I have 5 small incisions so the ice doesn't impact them. Is is for the swelly belly? See? I dont even know why I do it...esp when I think a hot pack would be more comforting but then it would also encourage swelling, right?
I have my 6 week check up coming on tues..the internal one. Bleah.
Right now I'm glad I have a week of spring vacation to rest up from this week back in school. Kids were mostly good..I have different ones every day so I got lots of "Glad you're backs" and that felt pretty good!
Happy Weekend! Joan

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register