Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 - Page 61 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Unread 04-21-2008, 05:27 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Well, back to work and Day 1 is complete. And I'm just about "done" myself! I guess I have to admit that I have a relatively desk job, but it was still exhausting. My supervisor was very understanding (the company itself is not) when I told her that if she needed me and I wasn't at my desk, to check the restroom (which is luckily very nearby!) Except for the getting up at 5 a.m. instead of the 7-7:30 which I've been getting used to, it wasn't as bad as I expected. And the diahrrea that I was worried about is finally (I pray!) over. I started taking a good quality probiotic from GNC that someone on another thread had recommended, and I believe it's working!

I am going to miss checking in here every few hours, but I guess most of us from this group are probably beginning to get back to our "normal" life too and the threads will probably become less active. I will miss alot of you! But I do still intend to check in at least daily when I can. Take care all of you!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2008, 02:51 PM

Since my doc cleared me last week to resume my life, I finally got a chance to get back to lifting some weights on Monday. It felt SO good! Of course, I am a little stiff today. I was able to do everything with ease (with a little less weight) except for those crunches. It was really wierd feeling so great everywhere except for there! I know it will come with time. I have ridden my bike twice this week and it feels so much easier than two weeks ago.

Still passing a stitch here and there.

DH finally got home last Saturday from his business trip. We did the deed. Everything worked and there was no pain then or the next day. We did take it easy and it was a little scary, but it all went well. I still have my ovaries and I am in the part of my cylce where my libido is low. I told my husband that was probably a good thing because I didn't feel like "letting loose!" I don't think the "O" was as intense, but that may change with time and a different time in my cycle.

It seems that about 10 days ago, I turned a huge corner as far as healing. Almost like I hadn't had the surgery--except for the numb line across my lower abdomen. I had that same sensation today after I got finished giving the dog a bath and doing some gardening. No struggles. It's a wonderful feeling.

Hope everyone is moving in the right direction!
Unread 04-22-2008, 07:14 PM

Wow Theresa..lifting weights? biking? you put me to shame! congrats on such a great recovery. I went to the barn to see my horse tonight..cleaned his stall and visited. I am really eager ro ride again but I just think it's going to hurt as he's got a very bumpy trot..and when he canters, he thinks it's cool to buck. I guess I"ll ahve to get back in riding shape with someone else!
Anne mentioned that she's goint to miss checking in every few hours...i must admit that I did check in from two different schools this week. my bad! Joan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2008, 07:18 PM
Didn't pass 6week check

I have been so far behind in reading the post because I am not supposed to take stairs for 3 weeks. I am still working but because the bruising had red streaks, I am on ice (I feel like a fish or something). I have to keep ice on for 20 minutes and then off. All day long. I keep it tied to my waist with a baby blanket. The kids have nicknamed the ice pack bubba. I will have to use it for another 3 weeks. If the bruising is still there, then I am out of work because the doctor thinks the bruising is new bleeding caused from swelling. The leg pain is still there but they assured me it wasn't a blood clot.

My three weeks of ice will take me to the state TAKS test for my subject. After that date, I can rest with ease and if I need to take off I will. I love reading the post but I cannot check it at work and I am not supposed to even be up here now, but I had to sneak a peak. So to all you new ladies, welcome and to my other sisters.... I have missed you. Take care and until next time. On ice and chillin
Unread 04-22-2008, 07:21 PM

Well, I was released to live my life this week. Went into the office and worked 4 to 7 hours the last couple of days. All I can say, is swelly belly and tired when I get home. Also went for a 30 minute motorcycle ride (on the back) and did pretty well. It was not as ouchy as I expected. If the weather holds out, I will probably ride my own bike in the next week. I have to find some time to go back to work out, as this extra weight has got to go. But overall, I feel great. Did a bit of yard work over the weekend and didn't feel it at all.

Hope all are feeling well and easing into thier new lives.
Unread 04-22-2008, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizfish
It's Monday & I didn't do much over the week end. Shopped, went for a few walks, etc. Sunday, I tried to get out in the flower garden and pull up some things. DH kicked me out! Said I shouldn't be pulling things like old hollyhocks out of the ground. I agreed to just take the riff-raff build up from the long winter off my just emerging perrenials. I'm feeling more normal these days, although the swelling and spasms are still with me. Either I'm getting used to it, or it's getting a little better. Whatever, normal is just such a good feeling these days!
Stay Well!
mizfish - I had my TAH on March 12 (one week after you)and was "visiting" this week of hystersisters and I noticed you are from St. Ignace! I spent all my summers when growing up in that area! Haven't been there in years and years! My family had a cottage on a small lake nearby and St Ignace is where we did all our shopping and of course visiting Mackinac Island! Oh the memories of the beautiful hollyhocks in our yard! Never seen any since as gorgeous! And the wild blueberries! Out of this world! Are they still there, or has civilization taken over too much of the wild places? And the smoked white fish!! Fabulous! well, I have just been reminiscing...such happy memories...
All the best to you as you continue to fully recover!
Unread 04-22-2008, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox
Wow Theresa..lifting weights? biking? you put me to shame! congrats on such a great recovery. I went to the barn to see my horse tonight..cleaned his stall and visited. I am really eager ro ride again but I just think it's going to hurt as he's got a very bumpy trot..and when he canters, he thinks it's cool to buck. I guess I"ll ahve to get back in riding shape with someone else!
Anne mentioned that she's goint to miss checking in every few hours...i must admit that I did check in from two different schools this week. my bad! Joan
I don't think I could ride a horse yet. It has just been in the past week that I have made sure everyone avoids the bumps in the road. But even that is not a problem anymore. However--a horse is a whole nother story!!!! And yours sounds like a rascal! Take it easy and find a gentle horsey--like the one on the merry-go-round!
Unread 04-23-2008, 04:13 AM
Almost 7 weeks out and feeling fantastic and absolutely normal!!

Hello everyone!

So glad to hear that things are going okay for everyone at this stage, and especially that Anne found the first day back at work to be not as bad as expected. I was worried about you, and am so happy you went much better than expected, and your diarrhoea is under control.

I'm absolutely sparking on all points - went for my 7 week check today (wasn't 6 weeks as this was the earliest I could get in), and have been given a clear bill of health and shown the door!! My path results came back clear, and I just have to see my regular doctor (GP) for follow-up vaginal vault smears in the future, just in case, but otherwise am tip-top!!

And the wonderful thing is that in the last couple of days I've felt absolutely normal - don't even feel as though I've had the surgery and it's a joy to be able to bound along at my normal walking pace too!! What a glorious change from my first week out of hospital when my mother dropped me around at my house to check on things, and my 83 year old neighbour came over to show me something, then set off down the side of the house at a cracking pace, and I almost killed myself in pain trying to catch up!!

I'm so thrilled that some of my silly posts have succeeded in making people laugh - I love to brighten up everyone's day, and people often comment on this. Here's a little extract from my check-up with my doctor today that will have you all in stitches (if you'll pardon the pun, I'm sure, and by this stage, I sincerely hope everyone has had theirs removed!!)

Whilst having the "knees up Mother Brown" good old internal check that the vaginal cuff was healing properly, the doc reassuringly announced that 'I was right to have sex again!" "Woopie-doo, thank you very much" I replied. A great comfort, as lots of you that post on these post-op forums will no doubt relate to!! Actually it was a real boost to the ego, that at 53, the doc assumed I was in a hot relationship, even if it was only with the old bloke I may have been married to for umpteen years!!!

Unfortunately for me, since parting company with my ex-fiance some years back, I'm currently without a partner, so this hasn't really been a burning issue so far. However, it is very comforting to know that the gizzards are back in order for such activity if one suddenly meets the man of their dreams whilst drooping over the cabbages down at your local supermarket one early morn!!

I visited a friend of mine this afternoon, who is a widow, and she said "Yeah! Right! What men!!!" I told her I was going out tonight to set some traps for "Barry Gibb look-alikes", and she told me to send along any younger brothers who might turn up. (For any old Bee Gees fans out there, and I think there are a few of you in the 50s+ thread, young Barry is one of my all-time favourites - since I was 14 in fact!)

By jove, that's enough of this - it's giving me hot flushes. And on this subject, the doc advised me to talk to my GP about this if I felt the need down the track. I think I'll be okay - I only have about three hot flushes/day now (unless I'm thinking of Barry Gibb of course, or Johnny Depp, or Jon Finch (for any of my UK sisters out there!!!).

And for all those of you still afflicted with "brain fog", after listening to some of my fellow workmates (not us librarians!!), but we are closely located next to a bunch of nurse educators and associated admin staff - I think I'm doing pretty good when I hear about what they've been forgetting on a daily basis (and Great Scott, Ladies - these people have all their gizzards intact so far, AND are a lot younger than me!!!) The jury is still out for me on HRT but I think I'll try things for a bit longer on my own - I do feel quite marvellous without the grotty psychotic narky "want to kill anybody that even dares to look at you" feeling I always got before a period, and our winter in good old Oz is coming soon, so the hot flush/flashes are always less bothersome then.

Hell's bells - I've really raved on. I love writing so this is nothing unusual for me. Even though I count myself officially "cured" as from today, and have re-entered the real world, I'll still tune in every night, as I love giving people support, advice, and above all, bringing a little light comic relief into things.

Keep well all of you - you've been a tremendous support for me along the road back. PS> If I can work out how to become a "Crown Jewell" from Australia I'll be able to get a lot more of these smilies - I love them. Have tried to ration them in this post.

Ravioli (I'm not Italian, this was the first name that came into my head after "Sea Breeze' and "Wind Song" had been advised as already taken!!)
Unread 04-23-2008, 05:27 AM

Oh please, Ravioli, keep writing! This can be your daily blog! "Knees up Mother Brown"??? Never heard that one but sure do love it. An Aussie expression?
I'll not write a bunch right now, as I bragged about my little horse last night..or complained..whichever seemed to fit! Joan
Unread 04-23-2008, 05:37 AM
Just who is "Mother Brown"??

Hi there Equinox

Great to hear from you, and as for "Mother Brown" - this is a very old saying that I heard years ago. I have no idea where it comes from - could be English in origin. I can always google it and try and find out!! I always think of "Knees Up, Mother Brown" when fronting up for those umpteen colposcopies I used to have to go through. Thank God those days are over!!

Really glad I made you laugh - don't worry - I will keep writing - I can't help myself, I've been on the internet for over 2 and a half hours now, and should really think about washing up and going to bed.

Hope all is going well for you today.

Debby

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register