Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 - Page 64 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Unread 04-28-2008, 05:55 AM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

It's been a long time since I've visited the forum and it's so great to see that everyone is still in touch! I've been having some huge mood swings that seem to come out of nowhere. During the week, I'm so busy with work and classes and when the weekends come - the down time - I just seem to lose it. My sig. other and I went to a movie last night and it took me about an hour to find something to wear that didn't make me feel like a beached whale, yet something I could sit in for two hours without cutting off my circulation. Almost wore the cutoff sweatpants. Anyway, my emotions are wacked out, probably because of a lack of sleep, but the weight thing doesn't help... - sweetpea - your definition - tossing like a salad. Exactly how I am. The night sweats are so crazy! Waking up at 2, 3, 4, then up for good around 5.

"Seems like the world would like us to be back to our same old selves and yet inside we know we aren't." ... so true!

I have been attempting to go on some brisk walk/runs and have asked my physical therapist friend about what I can do to work on my abdominal muscles without pulling anything. As soon as I talk to her I'll let ya'll know what she said...

My latest impulse buy was a 1960 schwinn bike (think pee wee's but it's for a girl and it's blue. It's even got the basket!) ... which I attempted to ride - didn't have much trouble but I pretty much just rode it down the street and back. Of course, I looked like a total nerd - this middle aged woman in elastic pants and a floppy hat on that old cruiser.

Barry Gibb?! Ravioli, I do love him.
Have a great day.
Jeannie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-28-2008, 10:34 AM
Mood Swings

Hello Ladies, i must say the mood swings are sooo there!!!! i cant stand myself last month it wasnt so bad but this last week jeez Not only am i hating the world, but i have this desire to pack my bags and run away like a teenager..not good. I am so stressed i dont know what to do with myself, and these headaches are back at it again have another today and last night--since going to sleep was out of the question. I keep trying to go back to work in the office and everytime i try i wake up with a migraine and wanna throw up. And i'm saying hello i need some help here!! havent had a paycheck in 2 months,well i will come back and finish cause i think i just blanked out, on the rest of my thoughts. Hope everyone has a good day..

Rachel
Unread 04-29-2008, 01:26 PM

OMG....it's not even May and the students are insane! I'd say they were driving me crazy, but as my father always said, that's just a short putt! My brain is like oatmeal anymore, I'm surprised I can still type legibly. Actually, I can't. I just keep going back and fixing my mistakes. When, oh when, will the brain, the bladder, & the bowels be back on track? I went to the dr. last week thinking I had a bladder infection, but everything came back clear. He wants to refer me to a urologist, but I think maybe I just need more time. I think the brain is still suffering from S.H.T. (sudden hormonal termination). Hopefully that just needs time also. The bowels...I give up on them, the stubborn old things. Other than the three "B"s, I'm doing pretty well. Once the weather turns, so will my outlook, I'm sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-29-2008, 01:58 PM

I know, I'm with ya on all the B's! My TAH/BSO was on March 3rd and I think she took out everything (even my brain) and inserted a baby instead (swelly belly)!!! My bladder is still giving me problems...I was referred to a urologist b/c I kept having bladder infections (so the dr. thought) and when I went to him, he did a "clear catch" and I had no infection....he said he was married to an ob/gyn and that she says that it takes some ladies up to 3 months for all the bladder stuff to calm down....I still hurt when I tee-tee! It's mainly at the end of me emptying, but it still hurts! I had adhesion repair, too, on my bladder (my uterus was stuck to it) and I'm hoping that will calm down SOON!!! My bowels are doing ok as long as I take my stool softener everyday! I don't miss that....I did one time a couple of days and boy did I pay for that! I'm just going to take it for awhile and I try to stay away from red meat! That's been hard, b/c I love STEAK soo much!! Other than that, my energy is good and my hormone is doing good....I'm on estratest fs.....Is there anyone else out there been to a urologist about their bladder stuff?
Unread 04-29-2008, 02:03 PM
Great

LOL mizphishi think we all suffer from S.H.T I love it!!!! i needed a good hoot. Yes the kids,students,all people around us are insane (minus us sisters) So i made into the office today...and of course they changed a few things around and showed me, but guess what??? in 5 minutes i forgot and just stared at the computer like it was gonna magically speak to me or something, the worse part is i showed them the new changes before i left...then they did em'. Ok so after that frustration, i leave and go to look at a house and i'm driving along.....i forgot to look for the street name!! and i'm just driving... My god whats is going on here ???? at least i made it home -whew glad i didnt walk into someones elses house and forget where i live..Although i got bonbarded and wanted to walk right out..i am tired of everyone asking me why i am getting so uptight, if only they knew. I have no patience, its official everyone forgot i had surgery and think i am 100 % in and out..my clothes matched for 2 days and they all like woohoo and i just wanna slap em...but i cant and i wont..the nurse did return my call and said doc said nothing to worry about he'll see you in a year (that was my message) gee thanks. still have to go to uroligist too i had the kidney infection and its tweeking me again litterally, they say its common from catherter, my bladder is still the same, i notice since i havent worn a bra in a bit..now when i have one on its kinda hurts my ribs and just ..i think everything is just annoying me. Anyway i am so glad to have a read a post on here..i go straight to the computer to check LOL..and lol at spellcheck i am constantly correcting words-dont feel so bad now hehe. have a beautiful day.

XOXO
Rachel
Unread 04-29-2008, 02:05 PM

Eight weeks today and I feel wonderful!
It's been quite a journey. Thanks for your support sisters, and thanks to this great website for providing the info my doc so sadly lacked.
For those of you still healing, my thoughts and prayers are with you. May you continue on the path to full and complete health.
Unread 04-29-2008, 05:10 PM

Today was my first day back to work. Lucky for me today and tomorrow I have to teach a class instead of staffing the ccu for 12 hours. Everyone is watching out for me, though. I started to move a table to prepare for the class and 3 people asked if I was sure I could do it. At least I know they care! I am dreading Thursday, which is going to be my first day back to staffing 12 hours. Keep me in your prayers, girls. You are all in mine.
Unread 04-29-2008, 06:33 PM

8 weeks today and I feel............ well, not as terrific as NoMoPro! I just wish the old B, B & B would also get back to normal. And that's not Bed, Bath and Beyond. I haven't needed to take stool softeners since the constipation cleared 10 days after surgery and the floodgates opened up! At least the diahrrea isn't constant anymore, but any episode is more than I need now that I'm back to work. (At least I'm not a teacher, so I can run when I need to.) Other than that, the only thing I can whine about is the lack of energy. I'm still totally wiped out by the time I get home in the evenings... I've barely even checked in here, let alone post. But I'm glad to see that so many "sisters" are getting back to their original (I won't say normal!) lives. And I'm so glad that we're still keeping this thread going.

Take care everyone and continue to get well. I believe this may be a longer road than some of us, self included, had thought!
Unread 04-29-2008, 07:17 PM
Secret

Sooo NoMoPro whats your secret???please share any special ingrediants...i think i'm actually jealous for the first time in my life!!! or at least pass on some of your energy..Are you on HRT or ERT whichever?? I just want some strength and energy i just feel so darn tired all the time, besides feeling like a slow motion picture of a rewind on slow..nothing seems to be on the right page here and there..geez i'm back to stool softners, thought i gave them up 2 weeks ago, they must of missed me or something cause their back in my purse..I am hungry all the time, but dont want anything to eat..does that make sense, and my new favorite answer to everyones question- I don't care..boy did my teens ever get in trouble for saying that to me, and now all i use..i dont care what we watch, i dont care what we eat, i dont care where we go..LOL trust me i wanna make my own mind..cause i can't even put myself in time out HA, obvisiously i have nothing to do with myself that i'm on here again!! ( I do actually have alot including packing) ( i just dont fee like doing it) HysterSisters has become my escape..anyway glad to read more posts!! keep em coming.
Unread 04-30-2008, 05:46 AM

Today is my 8 week anniversary. wow..hard to believe it was that long ago. And at the start, I thought I'd be totally normal by now. ya dream on. I still don't quite dare to get on my horse. If helping someone organize a kitchen started those pinging things, I can't imagine what bouncing around on the Original Energizer Bunny would be like.
I happened to arrive at the barn to see the kid who's been taking care of him ride him. I didnt even recognize him because he was being such a pill. I spent some time with them getting him to walk past the entrance to the barn..he's what we call "barn sour"..meaning that once he's done all the work he thinks he's supposed to do, he wants to go back to the barn. And he will fight until you let him. It was about a half hour of just walking past the entrance before he'd do it quietly. Once he did, then she could get off and put him away. He even started to rear with her and she banged him on the head with her hand..then he didint bother with that again.
I'm still getting swelly belly..the one that must be a figment of my imagination. And elimination issues are fading but not all gone yet. my bladder feels much better but still has its moments.
All in all..my body still knows it had parts removed but it IS healing. hugs to all the Sisters..Joan

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register