Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 - Page 69 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Unread 05-07-2008, 02:50 PM
cygnet

It is lovenox. The home health care is administering the shots. They are supposed to draw the blood too but now I drive to the lab each morning and the hospital on the weekend. because that is the only way to get the lab results daily. The hospital refused to let me go without home health care. Something about me being able to inject too much. How dumb. They are prefilled suringes. But what am I to expect after all the mix ups.

I went to one hospital to do the venogram and the radiologist read the report and I was told to be admitted right away to the hospital. We told them to call our doctor because that hospital was out of network and the billls are climbing. We were released to go to our doctor and then to the other hospital. After 3 days on injections, the doctor covering for my primary care physician practically jumped down my throat for being in there (he was handling the case since my doc doesn't have priveledges at that hospital) and wanted to know what I was doing in the hospital and why he was treating my for clots. I told him that the test from the other hospital confirmed clots. He then told me not according to the report he got.
The other hospital reread the films (after we left) and miraculously I was cured with no clot. Now I have my own opinion as to why they changed their minds. But to make the long story short.
I had to have all the test repeated even though I have a copy of my original films because I refused to leave without them from the first hospital. I also have the report from the test at the 2nd hospital that confirmed the original report. In fact, I do not have 1 clot but the right leg is severly compromised with what they now call chronic deep vein thrombosis because I wasn't treated for it. Something about the hematoma on that side drying and putting pressure on the femoral artery and vein as it comes out of the body cavity.
I walked around with them for over 5 weeks. I am still a little miffed.
You see, I never had any of the classic symtoms like redness of the leg and severe swelling. Maybe that is because I had been self treating while at work. Since I had to have the ice pack on my stomach for 20 minutes and then off for 20, I would place it uder my leg because it felt good. The 2 days before I went in to the hospital, I was on my feet for about 10 hours straight with tutoring etc. and the leg pain escalated and it felt like some body had spred bengay all under my skin in a line from the back of the knee going up on the inside of the thigh to the groin. Which brings me back here.

I really have missed this site. I was going crazy in the hospital and it seemed like no body would listen. At one point they tried to give me blood pressure medicine to lower my blood pressure. I freaked out and told them that I was in pain and not delerious. I have really low blood pressure anyway and to give me something to lower it just cause pain raised it is absurd. A darvaset worked just fine. The next morning my blood pressure was even way below my normal low. I would hate to think what could have happened if I hadn't asked what the pill was for.

When the hematologist came on the scene he wanted to know why they weren't listening to me. I mean. I am now number 6 in a family of 7 with blood clots. 5 siblings and 1 mother. He said that I was at high risk for clots just by being related to my family.

I now have doctors for my doctors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2008, 05:42 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

wowie Ladies..sounds like everyone is "hitting the wall"...I can really understand that 8 week thing..maybe they should add that as a med check up time, or split the difference and make it a 7 week check up with a mental health check thrown in for good measure!
I was so sorry to read of all the other problems that have cropped up for so many of you.
I can share some good news tho..for the last two days I've ridden my own horse! Last night was the first time and it was only 5 minutes after I tried to tire him out. Then tonight I did the tire him out thing and them rode aobut 15 minutes..I even cantered! and that is usually the easiest gait to ride as it's a slow 3 beats. But wow..my gut sloshed around..next time I'll wear a girdle or my daughter's C-section belly band (which I'm wearing right now).
There is really supposed to be a light at the end of the tunnel..but right now it's looking like the headlight on an oncoming train! Hugs. Joan
Unread 05-07-2008, 10:20 PM

Cygnet I am so glad i cracked you!!! and i can say i LOL when i read it thankyou the little rolly guy is the best, i cant wait till i can down and laugh like that..let me tell you it just calmed me down,,i just came home from job number 2 and grocery shopping and i think by the time i made it to front dorr my eyes were bulging out of my head literally!!!! Oh yeah thats my new thing in the last week forgot to mention that, when i feel the mood swing come on i get shaky and my eyes started bulging i feel like a chiwawa (forgot how to spell taco bell dog) sorry brain prolaspe )on speed or something and i get that devil look in my eyes..so anyway i did a wine promotion tonite ands definitily was not a social butterfly, i either wanted to smack em,flick a cork at their forheads or telling them just stop talking to me. Then i had to get the guys who thought they were hot shots trying to hit on me and pass their cards but not buy a bottle (not even the $5 one)meanwhile the alarm on my cell is beeping i look at it-it says take hormone hmmm just i take it with a glass of wine??? do you think it will henance it make it work faster cause i really needed balance at that moment. OK so thats over my feet were throbbing they now have their own heart beat a new set of blisters my toes were screaming and looked like pigs in a blanket with not enough blanket...(good thing i didnt try to be cute and put a my toe rings back on whew) so i get home and long and behold i dont even want to get out the car...i just wanted to stay there and hide..all i kep thinking was i wish i was in time out somewhere, i want to be grounded and told not to come out of my room, no phone,no computer (except access to here of course)I make the kids help me unload and the put all the 1000 bags in the middle of the floor in the kitchen, so sarcastically i said oh ok i will put everything away in the morning before work..TELL ME WHY PLEASE OH WHY EVERYONE INCLUDING ROOMY SAID OK..so now here comes taz manian devil 30 mins later (ME) taking my enjuvia dose screaming can someone put the bags away!!! the response was i thought you said you would do it in the morning..OMG does no one get it??? they need to take a surgical menopause 101 class if they want to see the next day..by this point i feel my claws coming out and i just want to scratch someone, not even punch..just a good hiss and a couple of good scratches (whacks) like my cats do to my dog you know..mind you i have no days off at all till the 1st of june...other than that i am just peachy..roomy had a fit that i asked her to drive home too..Funny huh. My sister-law calls and asks so do you want to do bowling or skating for my nieces bday party that was a good one..i said hmm let me think about it..and i thouht my brain was running a tad bit behind...anywho i can go once again forever..but on a different note Callie i am glad to see you back and hopefully you will be better soon,lots of hugges to you and of course know one knows our bodies (even this new one that we have) better than ourselves we are our own doctors!!! i wish we could write ourselves a check too for our consult..or at least backcharge the doctors when they are wrong LOL that would be great!!! Take it easy and rest plenty. I was the one with the dry mouth and nitting sweaters its trying to get better, or my stomach is over the fluid intake so maybe they had a chat. who knows the dry skin..yep i am shedding in my leggings, and cam do that lubriderm commercial for lotion with the alligator except no gator needed i got that under control-flash a leg i have 4 lotions on my nightstand and i mix em all hoping to come up with the perfect formula. Well i gotta go my dog is crying cause its bed time and i am sitting here and its making me nuts for real..Please feel free to vent anytime so i am not alone in that dept. Thanks soo much for listening ..I would say sweetdreams to those who have them..i'm sure i will be here in the morning..

By the way in my mind we are all sitting around having that glass of wine/whine toasting to ourselves and what amazing women we all are..and having a good laugh..my soft moment- her name is hope

Love those little character guys but no patience to find them.
Rachel
xoxo
Rachel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-07-2008, 10:27 PM

And Joan i am so glad to hear you went for a ride!!! i'm sure it brought a smile to your face...your horse too..thats great news.

sooo jealous *hug* but proud
i could go for a mental check up.. i really want to read some ink blots right now LOL i would scare the bejesus out of a shrink haha they would wind up on the couch!
Unread 05-08-2008, 04:33 AM

Oh Rachel..it sounds as if you're getting the symptoms from all of us who are down to just a few!!! Poor you. I do have to admit that my belly doesn't feel so great this am..it's more stomach than surgical area tho...my whole gut really bounced around on that little pony-sized horse.
Today is going to be a totally tough day...I have to drive for an hour to teach my monsters..then come back "home-ish", another hour, for 2 meetings..then at 6 dash 20 miles north for a meeting about teaching summer enrichment courses. egads..not so sure I want to do all this today.
Otherwise..enjoy your days Ladies..
Unread 05-08-2008, 08:32 AM

Hi Everyone!

I've gotten so busy with life that I don't check in as often as I used to - was good to read everyone's posts and see some common threads. I just passed 9 weeks and still am amazed at how easily I become fatigued. I have a ton of plants just waiting to go into their pots and I look at them and sigh "not today". It's still pretty chilly here in Seattle (40's to 50's) so that doesn't help! There really is a mental fatigue that goes along with the physical. It's easy to talk myself out of doing things like yardwork or resuming my regular routine at the gym - maybe subconciously my body is saying "not yet".
I'm still having some bleeding if you can believe it. It had just about stopped and then when I did some yardwork (not any heavy lifting) it started up again. I have an appt.
with the surgeon for the 19th of this month. I'm hoping I just need a shot of silver nitrate.
Have any of you struggled with weight gain? I've added about 5 lb and it's all around my middle - arghhh. I don't understand because I was on hormones before surgery and have actually decreased my progesterone. I have to go to a semi formal dinner next week and was looking for a dress - sigh........ looked like I was 5 months pregnant. I'm hoping it's just a combination of not being as active and a little over indulging and of course, the swelly belly - I'll milk that as long as I can!
Other than those complaints and a little tenderness where the lap incisions are, things are working pretty smoothly. I have to watch my fluid intake because if I drink too much and am away from home, my bladder doesn't take too kindly to that! The surgeon said it would be a good 6 months before things work totally smoothly and my reg. doc said you really don't feel totally yourself until 6-8 months.
Here's hoping everyone continues to heal without complications and finds themselves better off having had surgery.
Unread 05-08-2008, 09:04 AM

It is so good to let down here and know that you know what I know. Good job Callie44 for getting in there. I am so sorry you had to go through that. My husband is also going a bit crazy now for lack of fun time clearance so I got a good laugh on your stick my leg out straight idea. Gotta love those white socks!

And Sweetpea, I too have a lot of new stretch marks! first they hurt, then I have the dull realization of what is going on. Then I steel myself to look. The low ones are W-I-D-E. then I'm doing the monthly breast check, don't want to leave anything out, and there are new stretch marks on the bottom sides of my barely B breasts. No fair. And since we are sharing....

I was really looking over my body in the mirror for the first good look since surgery- i have been avoiding that- and I had just had my yearly mammogram and - guess what - got called back for only my second time ever for more painful pics- I was looking for dimples or what have you and found stretch marks instead.

So yesterday I show up for the follow up mammogram and have to explain how yes, my last period was March 2, but yes I know I am not getting another one ever so I am yes by golly in full blown surgical menopause and NO I am not cold thank you very much. And the tech says after the six painful new views of my left breast now I get to go have an ultrasound on it too and that they would give me my results after I wait....RESULTS? what RESULTS? So I say ala Callie43 you know someone should have warned me that they were looking for cancer since I got diagnosed with it Feb. 20 and if today, May 7 I get another such diagnosis someone is going to have to scrape me up off the floor. And I started laughing because it would be so dang funny to have lightning strike twice in the same place. I guess those flip flopping hormones can make me laugh as well as cry.

NO I do not have breast cancer. Just an uncommonly large amount of cysts and they want to see me again in 6 months. Anyone else out there going through surgical menopause having new or increased breast cysts???

Think I should just have them lopped off too and then I will not have any female parts left to worry about?

Still, this morning I am feeling light and lucky. I had a good nap from 4-6 yesterday and only two hot flash wake ups instead of the usual 3-4.

I read some of your posts to my husband while he was eating his breakfast and i think he got a new perspective that he is not alone either. Cygnet, I hope you can just do half days for another week. I can really see how mental and physical health are linking through this experience.

Take care of yourselves everyone.
The Oregon duck daffy quacky
Unread 05-08-2008, 09:12 AM

Good Morning Ladies! The sun is trying to get throught the clouds on the cloudy west coast. I haven't written in a while. My MIL had a stroke on the 9th and died on the 26th. We have just gone through an emotional roller coaster with an east and west funeral. We flew the whole family back to Ontario to bury her. I have had 6 people in addition to the 5 in my family, here constantly and others on and off, my youngest hasn't slept in his bed for 4 weeks! I had 33 for lunch last week. Besides being incredably tired and weepy I haven't thought about my surgery until I attempt to lift something heavy and one of the four men in my life jump in to do it for me. I guess you could say it seems to have gone well for me. I feel for those of you suffering set backs. I have an itchy inscision and my belly gets swelly after a soccer game, but that is not bad considering what we all have been through. I am glad to see some of you have kept your sense of humour, it sure does make life a little sweeter! I too have gained weight, but I expected that so I just plan on loosing it through the summer. I may pass on any beach wear! I laugh when I realize I am not calender fixated anymore with marking down every 23-28 days. I would have flown east on one of those SPECIAL days which was always difficult changing my tampon every hour, no more of that whoa! and sex was good, different in the climax department, but good. I hope that comes back to normal (no pun intended).
I hope you all get back on your 'horse' soon, I keep hearing it takes 6-12 months to feel fully recuperated. It seems like a long time but I guess I just have to wait it out.
I love reading your threads, the emotional support, information and laughs. Thanks
Unread 05-08-2008, 06:27 PM
Today has been good

First off Vanark, I am so sorry for the loss of your MIL.

and equinox, I think it is great that you are able to ride your horse.

It almost got up to 100 today. I did not think it would look to great to lay by the pool in those TED stockings, and man do they make your legs really sweat at night because the hold in too much heat. But on a funny note. They gave me the kind that have little side flaps to go over the hips. I put them on after the shower with some bikini underwear. and really felt sorry for my husband. He thought I had gotten cleared for fun time and that they were some sort of sexy leggings because of the way they resembled white stockings with garters. Who would have thought that support hoses could look good. maybe he needs his eyes checked. At least for a moment I felt sexy.

I have an appointment tomorrow with my new oncologist. I guess he is a hematologists also. I think I will have to go to med school to keep up with all the names. I gave my first injection of the luvenox by myself. Wouldn't you know I am the only one who left a big bruise. But it kind of looks like a smiley face with a stretch mark for the mouth.

I was wondering about the weight issue. I seem to be losing weight. Since my hormones whacked out I have lost over 32 pounds. I made my teenage daughter mad when I took some of her shirts. I think I will ask the hematologist about the weight also. I do look a better now than before the surgery except my bottom is a saggin. Maybe I need to take up horseback riding to firm it.

Well gotta go. Today was better and I have enjoyed the post. Hubby is going to be hungry after his hour and half drive home from work. I think I will try and cook something.
Unread 05-08-2008, 06:44 PM

Callie44,
I LOL at your post. Thank you.
32 pounds seems like a lot. Are you on pain pills? I know that oxycodone after my surgery left me without an appetite.

What are you seeing an oncologist about???

Sleep well, me with that name that came to my mind when the ones I wanted were taken....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register