Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008 Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Unread 03-12-2008, 03:36 PM
Hysterectomy dates Mar 03-Mar 10,2008

Well, one week out for me today. Still doing basically nothing but as I start to feel better doing nothing is getting harder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2008, 03:52 PM

Hi All,
I had TVH on March, 10. I came home today around noon. Must say I DO NOT like Morphine. I hear it is common to be very nauseous and to vomit (which I was and did) from it. So Monday night was not fun. But today I'm doing much better. I'm walking, even went out for a quick bite to eat for lunch. (time for meds and needed food to take them) Not much discharge at all. Just a couple of light spots and no BM either. Will take a stool softener tonight to try to get things going.

DR
Unread 03-12-2008, 04:08 PM

Day 8 post op
Much the same no pain except a few Gas pains. I walked more today and am feeling stronger every day
Hope everyone is doing okay!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2008, 05:16 PM
March 10th Surgery

Had TVH with both ovaries removed with anterior and posterior repair on Monday. Did well with anesthesia and pain meds - absolutely no nausea or vomiting. Felt good other than the weird thing is that my left knee is totally numb and may have to have physical therapy to help the nerves to regenerate. And am having odd bits of random crying which is due to the hormones though am on patch. Will see how that goes.

It seems my uterus was bigger than it appeared on the sonogram so it took more time to get it out vaginally and to locate suturing positions. Hope everyone else is doing well. Will check in later. With the repairs, I cannot sit very long at all. Take care.

Pegs
Unread 03-12-2008, 09:41 PM
March 5 Surgery

I had LTH on March 5. Surgery went well, no complications, took a little over an hour. Recovery was funny, I kept waking myself up when I could hear myself growling - lol. Nurse was stationed at my side the entire time (unless this is normal practice – I don’t know, but I had a PE 4 yrs ago.) Spent about 4-5 hrs in the recovery room while they got a bed ready for me. Was able to communicate and eat a few ice chips before falling back asleep multiple times. When I finally got to a room, I discovered that my blood pressure had dropped alarmingly low, hence why I could not remain awake. In one of my moments of being awake, I asked nurse why it would drop - she said because of the bowel prep the day before and the morphine they had me on. Unfortunately, that meant no more morphine for me, despite my pain.

Nurse needed to check with my doc before I could be given pain meds. Overheard her on the phone with him. got a mild painkiller instead. By midnight, blood pressure started to come up. I had the loveliest nurses - funny, sweet and helpful, very attentive. They took that catheter out before I woke up, so they needed me to pee. Was unable to for a while, and on my first attempt, nothing!

Nurse said she would give me more to drink, to see if I could on my own, otherwise, they would have to insert a catheter. I drank water and apple juice, ate a lot of ice, and finally was able to pee enough to discourage any further discussion of a cath.

Was discharged next morning, on ibuprofen and percocet. Have used only 4 percocet so far. Still taking ibuprofen. Trouble getting in and out of bed. 2nd day post-op, was peeing like every 1/2 hr. Now it’s normal. BM on the 4th day postop (taking stool softener of course, but still hurts). Passing gas more than I care to Also had to take Lovenox shots for five days - last was yesterday - thank God!!!

Worse day so far is today...feel like something ripping inside me. maybe i pushed too much yesterday. Since I live on a 3rd fl walkup, didn't feel like going up and down stairs to walk, so I walked on the slowest speed (0.8mph) of my treadmill for like 10-15 mins the past two days. Needless to say, no more treadmill for a few more days.

Also, does anyone have numbness on their belly near to the incision site? I seem to be experiencing this. Also more pain - not at the incision sites, but in the areas around them. Post-op appt is next Wednesday, hopefully there will be good news!! That’s all for now. This might be strange, but I am incredibly *****. Kept ovaries, so maybe they are in overdrive. LOL. Can’t wait to be cleared for sex. Thanks guys for this website – and you’re right – chocolate does make me feel better, and Lifetime, the Travel Channel and the Food Network are such wonderful companions.
Unread 03-13-2008, 12:20 AM

Every day seems I am getting stronger and feeling much better. I am also getting very bored and tired of having people wait on me. That is probably one of the worst things, especially since everyone around me has a cold and doesn't feel well either. I feel kind of guilty but at the same time resentful lol. Oh well, emotions are all screwy for me right now anyway. I feel like a bit of a wimp on one hand, I called the doc's office today because my vicodin had run out, so she prescribed me darvocet. I almost feel like I shouldn't be needing anymore pain meds, however I still hurt, and just don't want to go through unnecessary pain. So it is what it is what it is I guess. I also decided that I was going to make my famous ( in my family anyway lol) spaghetti for everyone tonight. That was a big mistake haha. I told my dh that all I would need was for him to pick up the pots and carry things. I ended up in the kitchen on a stool, chopping up the veggies and telling him everything to do lol. I just couldn't stand it, it was definitely too big of an undertaking for me at 8 days post-op from a TAH. The heat in the kitchen was horrible too, since my ovaries haven't seemed to kick in yet, with the hot flashes---ick! I ended up feeling nauseous. I have been feeling really good though, otherwise I wouldn't have thought I could cook. So I hope that you are all doing good too!!
Unread 03-13-2008, 05:13 AM
day 8 for me

hi sisters
hope you all doing well im going mad sat around had my staples out yest and feel good no tirdness actually cant even sleep at night only takin brufen once daily hope you all feel as well as i do
thanx to this site my op has been a breeze couldnt have donre it without the help of all my sisters
love jewjew * *
Unread 03-13-2008, 07:04 AM

Good morning all (warning, long post),

Numbness, yes. Comes and goes, as does the swelling.

Hey thanks for those of you who clarified use of this thread. I was confused as to how to use it as well (me...read the directions? aren't those for someone else?).

Anyway, feel pretty decent today. It's going to be 50 in Minnesota (by the way, that's warm) today, so maybe will try to get outside for a walk. I have not left the house since I returned home on Sunday.

I was opening several days worth of mail yesterday and came across a letter from a collections agency for a 1,000.00 towing charge (not mine). Called, guy said I was listed as the "second" to contact for paying. Said maybe it was a car I had formerly owned. Asked about the car. It was not. It was evening, and so I couldn't talk to anyone there who had much additional information. Will deal with today, but it's added a stress I don't really want/need. Like...how did they get my name? Why am I listed? Is there some kind of identity theft involved? Ok, thanks for listening. Realize this is off topic, but it does impact my stress as I say.

I'm dying to take a bath...have to wait another week. Someone mentioned sex drive, and I too seem to have a heightened one, and would definately like to know what that's about. Time will tell.

Wishing all of you the best day possible, and thanks for being there.
Unread 03-13-2008, 08:58 AM

eeeeekkkkkk, ID theft. hope not!

I'm 6 days post op and I think I over did it yesterday so I went to bed early last night and spending the morning in bed.

I woke up post op in the hospital with morphine. I had them take it away about 6 hrs after my surgery. couldn't take it anymore. and yes, my blood pressure was low for a while, like 90/40. I am NOT a morphine fan. they did give me a patch before surgery and that helped with the usual nausea.

Otherwise, I really do feel good. I'm taking it easy, working from home on my laptop, eating lots of fruits and veggies and drinking plenty of water. I haven't started walking yet but will start this weekend. Yes, I do walk around the house and such but I haven't been on a walk, like around the block. I can't complain! I think the healing is coming along nicely.
Unread 03-13-2008, 09:08 AM

Day 8 post OP and really feeling good. Probably the biggest stress is the added help in my home and not being able to relax. Minor site pain from the incision TAH and the odd joint of pain when you turn the wrong way. The "plumbing" is all functional, hardly any gas pains now. The sex drive is starting to wake up, kinda frustrating. Other than that, boredom, boredom, boredom!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register